Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squatters who 'broke into' pensioner's home ordered to vacate premises by Wednesday

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Those are pretty much all dictionary definitions of selfish. You wouldn't last long in court if that's the best you can do.

So being "selfish" is a crime now? I missed that being passed into law.

That would be bloody ridiculous if it's true that the owner could be sued for money, although it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

Sure free legal aid for him no doubt.

Isn't it the case that if someone breaks into your home at night, the line is very narrow between defending yourself and doing assault?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Isn't it the case that if someone breaks into your home at night, the line is very narrow between defending yourself and doing assault?

Nope. See Defence and the Dwelling Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

It's Wednesday. Have they left yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

I suppose a deeper question is, where does property come from? You own land because you inherited/bought it from its previous owner. The previous owner inherited/bought it from someone else. Trace back the ownership and you inevitably come to an act of naked theft by the king.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

goose2005 wrote: »
    I suppose a deeper question is, where does property come from?
    Satan. All land comes from Satan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

the_syco wrote: »
    Satan. All land comes from Satan.

Not Kilbarrack, that's God's creation.

Advertisement