Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Down 1999 To Go

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

To anyone who thinks the commute is mad sadly its not. Try getting from the major population centres of Clondalkin Tallaght or Lucan to major employment centers in Sandyford or Dublin 15 on public transport and your looking at 4 hours.

Appalling planning means thousands do this every day

It's shocking. I'm lucky to live on the dart line and work in the city centre. I was looking at a job in Dublin 15 two years ago and on public transport it woukd have been about 1.5 hours either way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

At this stage, I think I would consider prostitution. Any idea, would a fat Irish woman be employable in Holland?

There is a market for all types. However, there is a lot of night work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

4ensic15 wrote: »
    There is a market for all types. However, there is a lot of night work.

The work sucks too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Beyondgone wrote: »
    The work sucks too.

The work is sucking and a another word which rhymes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

The work sucks too.

I suck cock so I don't have to kiss ass.

I miss her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

How would I go about getting work as a prostitute?

Where do I send my CV?

I like sucking cock, anal, getting bound, spanked and belted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭blackbox

Buy a bicycle. It is possible to cycle between any 2 points in county Dublin within 45 minutes.

You certainly should seriously consider cycling.

If this won't work for you, try to make your commuting time work for you instead of being a waste of time, whether for recreation or education.

I'm fortunate enough to have a car, but I still spend over two hours a day commuting. I mostly treat it as relaxation time when I listen to music. Getting stressed about something you have no control over doesn't help anyone. Other options are books (not while driving!), audiobooks or learning a language etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

God. The woman is nuts. She was mouthing on at me about respect. Jesus Christ. I'm doing my bit. Going out the door to work, to bring in a wage that is **** and paying my way at home. I'm sorry there was a recession, my pay is ****e, the rental accommodation is nil. What more does she want from me.

Can't wait for the day she is old and frail, if I'm still around.
    At this stage, I think I would consider prostitution. Any idea, would a fat Irish woman be employable in Holland?

Seriously, these posts are not good. You're wishing old age on your mother and dissing sex workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

No one in Dublin, the only one with any money, are going to bother traveling 2.5 hours.

That said I've just put a room up for rent 15 minutes to the CC, maybe a large discount can be arranged. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

God. The woman is nuts. She was mouthing on at me about respect. Jesus Christ. I'm doing my bit. Going out the door to work, to bring in a wage that is **** and paying my way at home. I'm sorry there was a recession, my pay is ****e, the rental accommodation is nil. What more does she want from me.

Wow, that's pretty nasty. She's entitled to feel comfortable with what goes on under the roof she has paid for. If you want independence from that I suggest you pay for your own roof. Anybody not telling you, with that attitude, to jog on seems pretty tolerant to me.

• Advertisement

Where do I send my CV?

Adverts.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I'm in a similar boat as yourself. Except I don't have a commute time. I do work long hours some days though. Sometimes I don't even get weekends off either.

My wage is crap too and has me living at home. Rental accommodation in my village and surrounding areas is nil according to daft.ie. To be able to afford a place, I'd have to look at house shares in the city and then give up my current work and seek something new. Something I hope to do this summer.

I help at home and pay bills.

I was in absolute tears today. I'm early days dating a lad and I like him. I talked to my mam (dad is gone from house) to see if I could have him over for a movie because going out every week is costly and we would like to snuggle on the couch as well (I didn't tell mam that). My mam has the kitchen to herself with TV so it's not like she would be bored without a sitting room for an hour or two or three once every few weeks. She was cool with it. Went ahead, made plans with my lad and mentioned it to mam this morning and she was a cnut about it so I had to cancel.

I get why you're frustrated but it's mothers day and you wanted her to sit in the kitchen alone, and now you're bad mouthing her online.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

travelling within Dublin on public transport which in itself is a joke
    Working on getting a car. It won't leave me with much money but at least I can look for better paid jobs that aren't within reach of public transport if needs be. If I had a car, it would cut my commute by a fair amount
    Buy a bicycle. It is possible to cycle between any 2 points in county Dublin within 45 minutes. I had crap jobs and gave them all up. Now self employed but my time seems even shorter.

Your workign in Dublin and live in Dublin, no wonder you r in a bad way if relying on PT. The fact that you think a car is the answer while living within the city limits will only lead to horrendous disappointment if you get one. Cars are a time sink of money particularly when city driving and presuming, since you don't have one already, you will be paying a fortune on insurance, never mind fuel, tax and insurance.

Get a bike (second hand), 2 decent locks and cut your commute in half at a minimum, get fitter, feel better and focus on getting a job you enjoy. If your counting the weeks to retirement at this stage, that is a terrible sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I think jobs are sh1t. I had loads, I hated them all, so I hired myself. I prefer it that way. I get on ok with the Boss. There's downsides too, but that's life.
    Broken-hearted needs to tell the Mammy to feck off out of her life, into the kitchen. Otherwise she's going to wake up some day with regrets.

Thats not very nice to say today of all days. There are many of us who would love to still have our mothers around. Maybe give her a bit of slack.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

Last year I graduated from college and since then I've had 2 jobs and have hated both of them (currently still doing the second one although I don't know for how much longer.)

[...]

There are three things you don't like about your job: (1) the job itself and the long hours); (2) the poor pay; and (3) the long commute.

These problems are by no means atypical of first jobs, which, given that you've just graduated, is what these are. What you're experiencing right now is the major change in lifestyle which usually accompanies that transition.

But there's no reason to think these things won't change over time (and typically they do). So I think your "1 Down 1999 To Go" thread title is unrealistically pessimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Where do I send my CV?

PM me.

Only joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Where do I send my CV?

I think you need to step away from the PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Are you not one already?

Another one of your posts, going at it at the back of his van. Another post and you were saying how lucky you were with online dating. Yep, he sure does sound like a keeper. You sure was lucky pulling him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭buried

You might have had enough of education so soon out of college OP, but educating yourself as a hobby is very beneficial and enjoyable. I like to read about history, gives a good perspective on life considering most of recorded history is nothing but a total violent plague ridden bloodbath, so I'm glad I'm reading about those times and not actually living in most of them.
    Learning a language would be a good educational hobby also, especially if you want to get into the tourism industry on the west coast. Good to have dreams like that, realistic and attainable. Life is tough but you do have your health, time and the options to get through the rest of it the best you can. The vast majority of people on the planet don't or didn't have those options at all.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement

buried wrote: »
    You might have had enough of education so soon out of college OP, but educating yourself as a hobby is very beneficial and enjoyable. I like to read about history, gives a good perspective on life considering most of recorded history is nothing but a total violent plague ridden bloodbath, so I'm glad I'm reading about those times and not actually living in most of them.
    Learning a language would be a good educational hobby also, especially if you want to get into the tourism industry on the west coast. Good to have dreams like that, realistic and attainable. Life is tough but you do have your health, time and the options to get through the rest of it the best you can. The vast majority of people on the planet don't or didn't have those options at all.

Or anal. People pay well for anal.

I think there may be a whiff of insincerity off this thread. Not the OP, but in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Buy a bicycle. It is possible to cycle between any 2 points in county Dublin within 45 minutes. I had crap jobs and gave them all up. Now self employed but my time seems even shorter.

Thirty miles in 45 minutes....

Have you thought about entering the tour de france?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Glenster wrote: »
    Thirty miles in 45 minutes....

Have you thought about entering the tour de france?

If you get a good tow from a lorry

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Set up a business.
    I worked 8 to 6 with 1 hour morning and evening commute on top for 3 years after leaving college. Couldn't figure out how people do this for a lifetime as it's really not living at all.
    I got a little business going and packed up the job.
    I probably work just as many hours but it's my choice and the more I do, the more I get paid. I can schedule jobs to give mysslf a day off etc.
    Self employment had many downsides too but at least you get some kind of a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Working on that. Although apparently it's not good to hop from one job to another. You have to stay in jobs you hate for years just so it doesn't look bad on your CV. **** that though, I couldn't do it.
    Nonsense. Only two things you have to do in life; pay taxes and die. Everything else can be negotiated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

I do a lot of weight lifting so i will probably be on Disability allowance by the time i'm 50, i can't take 2 steps now aged 25 without my joints cracking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Lads this thread is not about anyone's mother or prostitution.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

God. The woman is nuts. She was mouthing on at me about respect. Jesus Christ. I'm doing my bit. Going out the door to work, to bring in a wage that is **** and paying my way at home. I'm sorry there was a recession, my pay is ****e, the rental accommodation is nil...

...Can't wait for the day she is old and frail, if I'm still around.

Hard to imagine why she'd need to talk to you about respect alright... You're an adult, if living at home is that bad, then find a houseshare somewhere.

What more does she want from me.

Respect, apparently....

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Where do I send my CV?

The recession is over. Instead of constantly moaning about your job, your living situation, your life, etc. on boards.ie, get off your arse and do something about it. The reason you're in a shit job where you're getting taken advantage of is because you allow yourself to be.

I'm pretty sure this is a troll account anyway so dunno why I'm bothering to reply :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

The recession is over.
    The effects can still linger for a lot of people. There is a reason economists call it the Great Recession. It's not nearly as simple as you suggest. However, if you really hate your job, there are more now opportunities available now to move into fortunately.

Advertisement