Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Handmaid's Tale - Hulu Original (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed for 6th ( Final ) Season

• Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Returns tomorrow with a double episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Is there anywhere to watch it from Ireland? I can't remember where I watched it last year

Both RTE and Channel 4 show it. Probably in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭fran38

Wow! That 2nd episode ending 😮. Serena knew exactly what she was doing !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭corkie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭fran38

Mucho apols for ruining the episode for you. How heartless I am 🤣

Apology accepted. Don't do it again thanks 👍🏻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was brilliantly played by Serena using June's daughter as her pawn for her revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,307 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 20,932 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Quite a drag the first two episodes. The show really seems to be just spinning its wheels at this point. The reviews from critics who saw the first 8 episodes indicate it doesn't get better unfortunately.

I think having "The Testaments" published actually makes things worse as assuming they plan to link up with the book, it means nothing noteworthy can really happen until Nicole comes of age, which requires a big time jump.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Thought this would be the last series, seems like they want to drag it out to the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Jaysus, the rage gurning close ups have reached saturation point. Will someone give Ms. Moss some pineapple to go with her ham.

It's been like that for the last two seasons at least. Half of season 4 was close ups of June looking like she was struggling with constipation. At least her face doesn't look like a toddler covered in snot as is the case with most of Luke's scenes.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

The first episode of s5 of THT was just ok ... I am not at all interested in Canada and I want to see Gilead ... when the series is set in Canada not a thing happens. This was a major fault with the latter half of s4 ... whereas before in s1 to s3 it was focused on Gilead and was much more rewarding ... let's hope subsequent episodes focus more on Gilead ... not Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

Yeah, very poor three episodes. Could have fit all three into one. I really want to see Nick and June get together in Canada and him to leave in a big F you to Gilead but cant see that happening. I see this season being concerned with June going back to Gilead with Mayday (yawn) trying to get Hannah back (yawn) and Serena becoming some sort of Global Ambassador for Gilead - all snoozeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,098 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I watched the first episode last night and so bored with the close ups of Junes face . I thought I had pressed pause at one stage

• Advertisement

Well it looks like Serena is finding out what life as a handmaiden is like

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Episode 4 ... good episode ... things are picking up nicely now after a slowish first few episodes ... June v Serena placing both in Canada brings life to the Canadian part ... The Testaments Aunt Lydia is forming too ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

That was a funny scene with the therapist !

June's face and she addressing her psychopathic tendencies 👀😊

• Registered Users Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I enjoy it most when June isn't in it making faces into the camera, Serena is supposed to be the baddie but she is turning into my favourite character at this stage and I'm hoping she kills June off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm thinking Thelma and Louise 2022 😜

I enjoyed that episode. Less focus on June moping around the house with June and Moira and some decent Serena/Aunt Lydia/Gilead shenanigans. Hopefully it continues in the same vein.

Wonder what will happen to Luke. June is protected by plot armor as Moss is the star of the show (at one point I expected her to break the fourth wall when giving Luke the pep talk and tell him she can't die because she's the **** star) but Luke is pretty disposable.

I thought the exact same thing.

I'm somewhat hopeful the Testaments will be good. Especially if it's a fresh cast with the exception of Ann Dowd carrying over (no plot contortions needed to keep Moss centre stage). "The Handmaid's Tale" TV adaptation was amazing when it was following the book material.

That was a good episode I thought (baby one that is)

June really has perfected the grimaced face

Not bad. There were certain character aspects that made sense. June protective plot armour aside, I wasn't surprised that Serena didn't go through with pulling the trigger. Like other Gilead wives, she'd be complicit in the deaths of hundreds of thousands but not used to getting blood on her own hands. Quite a lot of rewriting history from Season 1 though to make it seem like June and Serana had some sort of connection and Serana wasn't a total thundercunt without exception.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Serena hasn't changed, she just knew June would be useful to her. She was dying from sepsis and complained that the hospital gave her antibiotics instead of natural remedies ffs

Advertisement