Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Shooting in Lille

Options
13»

Comments

neonsofa wrote: »
    I assumed it was all about getting to be the person who starts the thread and gets the credit in that regard, for being the first to report it. Didn't even think about it in the above way. In fairness the link said it was a terror attack.
    https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/845394026912190464

Looks like another Terror attack.

Let's not speculate on the cause of the culprits. It could be anybody. Basque Separatists, ANTIFA, IRA, Buddhist Supremacists, it could be anybody.
    Radical followers of the spaghetti monster I'd guess.

Read those two posts & tell me they didn't have a clear agenda. It's just getting disgusting at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Let's not speculate on the cause of the culprits. It could be anybody. Basque Separatists, ANTIFA, IRA, Buddhist Supremacists, it could be anybody.

How is the OP the problem that news outlets are reporting possible terror attacks?

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭buried

Nake Fews

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Read those two posts & tell me they didn't have a clear agenda. It's just getting disgusting at this point.

Who is usually claiming responsibility for the terror attacks?
    I have no agenda against Muslims. My closest friends wears a hijab. I work closely with muslim women in my line of work, I have no ill thoughts towards muslim men and women. That doesn't change the fact that the majority of terror attacks have been linked to Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

This place is gone beyond a joke look at some of the usual SJW's liberal lefties Who weren't posting much on London attacks, but they were just waiting for a chance to pounce on anything that might turn out not to be a terrroist attack! To feel outraged!

• Advertisement

This place is gone beyond a joke look at some of the usual SJW's liberal lefties Who weren't posting much on London attacks, but they were just waiting for a chance to pounce on anything that might turn out not to be a terrroist attack! To feel outraged!

... you're just talking nonsense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Both post clearly hinting at the radicalised Muslim extremist. What's the problem there? They should be protected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

It was a gangland shooting.

Both post clearly hinting at the radicalised Muslim extremist. What's the problem there? They should be protected?

Who? The posters jumping in on and spreading "fake news"? Absolutely not. That's all this is right now. It has nothing to do with Muslims. It has nothing to do with Muslim Extremists. Are we to blame everything that happens on them? It's just silly. And the fact that this is becoming an accepted practise on boards is just extraordinarily worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Or another way to look at it: we don't revel in other people's misery, and we like facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,312 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Give over ffs. There are posters here who use any opportunity to attack "the usual SJW's liberal lefties" and get some kind of weird excitement at any terror attacks.

You even said "Thank God it's not a terror attack". I would have thought any mass shooting was bad regardless of the perpetrator.

It gets very grating

Who? The posters jumping in on and spreading "fake news"? Absolutely not. That's all this is right now. It has nothing to do with Muslims. It has nothing to do with Muslim Extremists. Are we to blame everything that happens on them? It's just silly. And the fact that this is becoming an accepted practise on boards is just extraordinarily worrying.

It was fairly reasonable to read about a terror attack in France, a country on high alert having been targeted previously by Islamic extremists, and take it as truth when it is from a "reputable" source. It's not as if the poster heard gunshots in sherriff street and said "that's those damn muslims again", the news source called it a terrorist attack.

It was fairly reasonable to read about a terror attack in France, a country on high alert having been targeted previously by Islamic extremists, and take it as truth when it is from a "reputable" source. It's not as if the poster heard gunshots in sherriff street and said "that's those damn muslims again", the news source called it a terrorist attack.

Pst, there's a reason the Guardian, BBC, & other places don't even have news articles on it.

Also this image, which I've expertly created, sums up exactly what's happening here -

http://imgur.com/a/I0mmy

I meant Islamic extremists. Are you worried about them being labelled?
    Both of those posts you quoted specifically pointed to extremists.

This incident was reported as a possible terror related shooting. OP started thread - nobody jumped on him until it came out that it wasn't - news source that stated it wasn't was instantly believed by many to be true (nobody asked not to speculate on those poor drug dealers)

As I said before it's all about taking sides and hoping for the win. A sad state of affairs.

Pst, there's a reason the Guardian, BBC, & other places don't even have news articles on it.

Also this image, which I've expertly created, sums up exactly what's happening here -

http://imgur.com/a/I0mmy

Which led me to believe he just saw the one source and was in a rush to be first to report it.

Nah it really doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,312 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Reasonable point if he hadn't thrown in the passive aggressive sarcastic post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Those pesky illegal Mexican muslims are tapping my phone again. They are bad hombres.

I meant Islamic extremists. Are you worried about them being labelled?
    Both of those posts you quoted specifically pointed to extremists.

This incident was reported as a possible terror related shooting. OP started thread - nobody jumped on him until it came out that it wasn't - news source that stated it wasn't was instantly believed by many to be true (nobody asked not to speculate on those poor drug dealers)

As I said before it's all about taking sides and hoping for the win. A sad state of affairs.

On both parties, of course. But the biggest issue is those that are trying to stay in the middle & instead wait to see more reports & confirmations, & being labeled as being whatever.

It's never about hating or loving Muslims - I've some I hated, I've met some that were the nicest people ever. But it is a case of not being OK with a whole society of people being labeled for the actions of a few. And by a few, I mean when contrast against the total Muslim population.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭elefant

Quite a few posters, including myself, called him on the tone of his post before any extra facts had come out. It's a good example of why hysterical speculation should be discouraged.

The entire OP was pretty much just an Islam bashing exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭jimmy blevins

I just automatically assume now that when these threads start that it's going good to be about a Islamic inspired act.
    Which is probably slightly unfair, as in any average week in a big city such as London there's multiple security incidents, but of course these don't get clicks or give sky news etc. the opportunity to spout to unfounded assumptions by security "experts".

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    Reasonable point if he hadn't thrown in the passive aggressive sarcastic post.

I figured that was in relation to those who, when it is a terror attack,rush in on their high horse to say "we don't know if it is linked to Islam yet", 9 times out of 10 when it is a terror attack it is linked to Islam, it is the nature of the attacks, they are happening due to the Islamic extremists war on the western world. There really is no point in denying the link to Islam. It is natural that people will assume. Not saying it is right but it is logical and natural.

My friend is muslim. She was telling me that every time a news item breaks about a terrorist attack she feels a wave of shame and embarrassment about her religion. Everybody makes these assumptions, not only those with an anti Islam sentiment. But for some reason, people make a point of going out of their way (not in this case obviously, but in cases where it genuinely is a terrorist attack), to deny that it is linked to Islam. There are wonderful muslim people who make the same assumption, it is not made out of malice and I think people are genuinely just irritated by that rather than them having some sort of malicious agenda.

But I don't know the posters history so maybe I'm wrong.

elefant wrote: »

The entire OP was pretty much just an Islamist extremist bashing exercise.

FYP?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

If you want to discuss gangland terrorism in Lille, there's probably a forum for that. Somehow I don't think it's relevant enough for AH. Proven by the fact that nobody is discussing Lille.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement