Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Shooting in Lille

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Dr Martin

Obviously the gunmen were mentally ill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The OP seems to enjoy this stuff a bit too much.

Yeah cause it's the OP that's the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭__Alex__

Let's not speculate on the cause of the culprits. It could be anybody. Basque Separatists, ANTIFA, IRA, Buddhist Supremacists, it could be anybody.

IRA? Seriously, don't play dumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

__Alex__ wrote: »
    IRA? Seriously, don't play dumb.

He was being facetious (not factitious), he was assuming and even hoping it to be Islamic rather than a hum-drum ODC shooting which it appears to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭melloa

i blame terry henry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Well, as a woman you would say that (Are we allowed make generalisations about people now?)

;P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Grayson wrote: »
    Well, as a woman you would say that (Are we allowed make generalisations about people now?)

;P
    Doesn't bother me, crack on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

He was being factitious, he was assuming and even hoping it to be Islamic rather than a hum-drum ODC shooting which it appears to be.

Facetious? I get most of my "news" from here, because small life/Boards fan, so I'm a sucker for any new story. Because "News". This one didn't run according to plan, but you'll get that. People are jumpy right now. Oddly enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Dr Martin

Interesting how you put in the ';P' to show that 100% you were joking and in no way being serious whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Surprised that Sky are not covering this. Discussing LePen at the moment, interestingly enough. Telegraph have just reported this.

• Advertisement

Sure it could be anyone. Even me.

Or you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

The OP seems to enjoy this stuff a bit too much.

OP only posted based on what was tweeted by the Mirror what's your problem? Based on what's happened in London and what nearly happened in Brussels the whole of Europe is on edge! Thank God this time it wasn't a terror attack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Richard loves the old Islamic terror he does.

Richard loves the old Islamic terror he does.

Richard sounds like an Islamist terrorist alright.

Or maybe not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭__Alex__

What a bizarre post. People aren't saying what happened isn't a problem. These are separate observations. It's almost as if people can focus on more than one thing at a time! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I bet y'all any money you like it wasn't a militant atheist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

OP only posted based on what was tweeted by the Mirror what's your problem? Based on what's happened in London and what nearly happened in Brussels the whole of Europe is on edge! Thank God this time it wasn't a terror attack!
    Some people really do have a hard on for it though. Usually the I told you so brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Both sides are as bad as each other. You have people falling over themselves to gloat that the OPs gloating is misplaced.

It's all about being on the winning side.
    Sad...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Both sides are as bad as each other. You have people falling over themselves to gloat that the OPs gloating is misplaced.

It's all about being on the winning side.
    Sad...

Creating your own side so everyone else loses?

The OP put up a stupid thread and people are saying it's stupid.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    Creating your own side so everyone else loses?

The OP put up a stupid thread and people are saying it's stupid.

And if the OP was right you would be dug down deep in the trenches by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Ah no, another terror attack. Will 2016 ever end?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭melloa

ya man fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

What does that even mean? The OP is clearly talking shyte, he IS the problem here and the reason we ask people not to speculate.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

elefant wrote: »
    There is a weird element of perverse satisfaction in some of these posts.

Keep refreshing your feed until the identity of the offenders are confirmed.

It's like there's some who are deliberately going out of their way to find every single crime in Europe just so they can target all Muslims as responsible. You would swear with the hysteria of the far right there was never anyone else ever responsible for a crime in Europe or the Western World than Muslims. It is extremely weird the way some people are getting glee from crimes so they can target Muslims.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    What does that even mean? The OP is clearly talking shyte, he IS the problem here and the reason we ask people not to speculate.

How is he speculating when he puts up a link from one of the most read papers in the uk ? It came up on twitter & he shared it here ,

Daily Mirror
    ✔ ‎@DailyMirror

BREAKING: Terror fears in Lille as 'many wounded' in shooting near metro station in centre of French city http://bit.ly/2n2KIL7

10:56 PM - 24 Mar 2017

And the Daily mirror is not knowing for its right wing opinion's.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

How is the OP the problem that news outlets are reporting possible terror attacks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The problem isn't the tweet it's his text

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Fake News.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

It's like there's some who are deliberately going out of their way to find every single crime in Europe just so they can target all Muslims as responsible. You would swear with the hysteria of the far right there was never anyone else ever responsible for a crime in Europe or the Western World than Muslims. It is extremely weird the way some people are getting glee from crimes so they can target Muslims.

I assumed it was all about getting to be the person who starts the thread and gets the credit in that regard, for being the first to report it. Didn't even think about it in the above way. In fairness the link said it was a terror attack.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement