Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Shooting in Lille

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Jesus Christ. I hope everyone survives :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The OP seems to enjoy this stuff a bit too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

over a half hour since that post was published - still no word on the big news channels - sounds fake. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.. But looks fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Imover a half hour since that post was published - still no word on the big news channels - sounds fake. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.. But looks fake.

Hope you're right!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭jimmy blevins

Radical followers of the spaghetti monster I'd guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭elefant

Looks like another Terror attack.

Let's not speculate on the cause of the culprits. It could be anybody. Basque Separatists, ANTIFA, IRA, Buddhist Supremacists, it could be anybody.

There is a weird element of perverse satisfaction in some of these posts.

Keep refreshing your feed until the identity of the offenders are confirmed.

Hope you're right!!

Yeah, I think you can relax.

Three injured as far as I can see, the shooting was at a railway station.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

An argument that ended in gunfire apparently and not terror related

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

over a half hour since that post was published - still no word on the big news channels - sounds fake. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.. But looks fake.

Googling it and there's only the sun, mirror and express. The oldest story is 43 minutes old. It's weird. The more reputable outlets could just be waiting till the have more facts.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    Googling it and there's only the sun, mirror and express. The oldest story is 43 minutes old. It's weird. The more reputable outlets could just be waiting till the have more facts.

The telegraph have it now. No further details though

I'm going by reports on Twitter of it being possibly drug related. Maybe that isn't reliable either but I'm sure if it was a deliberate attack we would know about it by now

The glee that some report these incidents with is really unsettling.

The Daily Mail (not famous for under-reporting a drama) describes the protagonist as a "gangster"
    Terror alert in Lille as 'gangster' gunman shoots three people outside a Metro station 'to settle scores' as the French city is put in lockdown by armed police just ...

Grayson wrote: »

Hmm.. Fair point.. Sources are still important to some... But after an hour and nothing from big news channels? no. Not possible

The express and sun are quite right wing and sensesational - i wouldn't wipe your arse with those rags

According to the daily mail, it was a "gangster settling scores". They still lead with "terror alert in Lille" though lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4347500/Armed-police-French-city-Lille-lockdown.html

So gangster not terrorist - way to go Daily Mirror (fearnongering twats)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

According to French media and my limited French, looks like criminals got into a fight due to using smaller weapons.

One 14 year old shot in the leg and another person shot in the neck. Person who got shot in the neck was sent to hospital so may make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Might be worthwhile giving all these 'mass attack' threads their own forum considering how common they're becoming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Guy Sajer

Were the 3 people at mass?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Let's not speculate on the cause of the culprits. It could be anybody. Basque Separatists, ANTIFA, IRA, Buddhist Supremacists, it could be anybody.

such passive aggressive bullsh!t

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    An argument that ended in gunfire apparently and not terror related

I guess that's a killer blow for this thread, so much disappointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

but I'm sure if it was a deliberate attack we would know about it by now

What, you mean the people shot in this incident were all shot accidentally?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I told you not to speculate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

OP involuntarily detumescing as we speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

I told you not to speculate :pac:

Don't worry, you can just keep assuming it is who you want it to be every time and then claim you're a genius when you somehow manage to guess it right one time.

Put the lube back in the locker - there's no jihadi boogie woogie here

osarusan wrote: »
    OP involuntarily detumescing as we speak.

Oh, I don't know.

That rage has to go somewhere when it's denied it's usual outage, there's a fair chance that raised blood pressure will result in retumescing followed by the 'fists of fury'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

According to the daily mail, it was a "gangster settling scores". They still lead with "terror alert in Lille" though lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4347500/Armed-police-French-city-Lille-lockdown.html

Eloquently worded by them as ever

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Don't worry, you can just keep assuming it is who you want it to be every time and then claim you're a genius when you somehow manage to guess it right one time.

That 1%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/845394026912190464

Looks like another Terror attack.

Next time put in criminals and you might be right

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement