Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday present ideas

Options
  • 23-03-2017 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

I'm going out with a lad. Not long, only a few weeks really and it's going very well. I enjoy spending time with him and I'm liking him a lot and my attraction is growing. It's his birthday coming up and I haven't a clue what to get him. I'm only still getting to know him. I don't know his clothes size, I don't know what his favourite aftershave is. He likes sports but my knowledge of sports is crap. We got around to doing a bit for the dating like cinema trips, dinners out and cruising around, hotel stay coming up.

Any idea what to get him for his Birthday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Lube?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Dildo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

You cant go wrong with a voucher for a Sports shop, let him pick something for himself. As you are only going out a short while it doesn't need to be for a huge amount, maybe €25 or €30 would be plenty and I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Any idea what to get him for his Birthday?

A card?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If you follow up on a few of the comments that will appear on this thread, I imagine you should book yourself in for a spa weekend alone and get a decent pair of knee pads. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Spend some quality time with him along with jumping his bones, he'll be happy enough with that, I would.

Men are easy to please.

Had a girlfriend once that was "too busy" and wound up over her workload and wouldn't give us a few hours to enjoy ourselves or "put out" for that matter after missing my birthday get together and choose to work on her phD obsessively like she had done for weeks and weeks previously. I look for that bit of quality time/intimacy the week after the birthday absence, still working on the phD and wouldn't bat an eyelid. It didn't last beyond that weekend. I wasn't putting up with being phased out.

OP When a birthday comes at least I have a philosophy where you make the day about them where you do "couple-ish" things and make the day about them, means more than any present.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

A

Blow

Up

Doll

y

Parton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

A nice blanket for the couch?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    A nice blanket for the couch?

If it's to reside on the couch, it's called a 'Throw' I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

La dee fcuking da!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    La dee fcuking da!

Dont mind him with his "throw " , most normal people use thier duvet.

As for a birthday present , get him a birdcage.

It's a bed throw not a duvet :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

You cant go wrong with a voucher for a Sports shop, let him pick something for himself. As you are only going out a short while it doesn't need to be for a huge amount, maybe €25 or €30 would be plenty and I'm sure he'll appreciate it.
    A voucher for a sports shop ffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Sex vouchers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Sex vouchers.

You would like them wouldn't you Father you dirty fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Something practical such as a second hand Ford Focus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Does he like cars? If he does take him to Mondello. Get his pulse racing!

Sex vouchers.

I give my fella these and I am the perfect wifey so he says.

He currently has a voucher for a one hour, sexy & sensual, top to toe massage.

OP, I remember that you are the girl who posted about finding a bee and chopping the little thing in half. How about some kind of cage and lotion for the lad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Sex vouchers.

You would like them wouldn't you Father you dirty fecker.

Coming from stripper, that's rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Vouchers are such a waste of money. It's like turning money into less useful money. Just give him the money or buy something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Surely you have somw idea what he is interested it in by now. But if not, don't worry, you can wean him off things he enjoys later. For now, keep it simple and subtle, OP

A few ideas:

a) some aftershave - that YOU like.

b) a nice, smart shirt

c) vouchers for laser arsehair removal.

If this was 2009, I'd suggest a DVD boxset of Sopranos or something... but these classics are good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

A blow job. But put actual effort in for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If she gets him a second hand Ford Focus she can give him a blow job in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

If she gets him a second hand Ford Focus she can give him a blow job in it!

If she's giving a blowie in a car I'd hope it'sa nicer car than a second hand ford focus!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

A device that can rip a hole in the space time continuum killing everyone.

Or

A birthday card. Your choice really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

That will be a given.

If she's giving a blowie in a car I'd hope it'sa nicer car than a second hand ford focus!

Yes! Cupcake crisis. That was an activity we got up to and yeah, I'm not saying what car he has.

• Advertisement

Surely you have somw idea what he is interested it in by now. But if not, don't worry, you can wean him off things he enjoys later. For now, keep it simple and subtle, OP

A few ideas:

a) some aftershave - that YOU like.

b) a nice, smart shirt

c) vouchers for laser arsehair removal.

If this was 2009, I'd suggest a DVD boxset of Sopranos or something... but these classics are good too.

Loads of great ideas here. I do have an aftershave I like.

I don't know his shirt size.

A voucher for laser arse hair removal is out of the question.

Advertisement