Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day is racist???

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

stunmer wrote: »

OMG I've been fervently following the Ireland rugby team and cheering every time they score. Does this queen regard me as a racist, then?

Come to think of it, I've been guilty of doing the same for the Ballydehob junior football team. Very disrespectful of Skibbereen, I suppose. I'll have to change my ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Are you having a laugh???

We, as in the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Whereas we the people just got up to all sorts... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

ITT: people feeding the trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

St Patricks day should be about Christianity and not Irish nationality as 5th century Ireland didn't have Irish nationalism as the men lived in tribes. If you brought those men back today they would not be marching in unity under a fleg.

Were there many st Patricks day parades in the 5th century? And if you're being strictly correct about it, the modern parade has its origins more in political than religious origins.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

stunmer wrote: »
    Is St Patricks Day racist now?

https://twitter.com/endstpats/status/828017529943646210

Is there any legitimacy to it?

Obviously if you look hard enough on the internet there will always be someone with crazy ideas (especially in the US).

I think these ideas are becoming more accepted these days.

In the future will there be protests on St Patricks Day?

Is that girl in the picture affiliated with this nonsense? The more I read it the more it sounds like a hoax.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Why are people taking such an obvious troll twitter account seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

It's so easy for any gob****e to get attention these days!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I bet Louise O Neill will share it on Twitter agreeing with it, if she hasn't already done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Surely if anything it's a ginger pride day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

St Patricks day should be about Christianity and not Irish nationality as 5th century Ireland didn't have Irish nationalism as the men lived in tribes. If you brought those men back today they would not be marching in unity under a fleg.

No, they would be beating seven shades of s***e out of each other. Ah, for the good old days! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

European pride, is that OK?

No, since 'european' implies white. African pride on the other hand is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

Some people have a very vivid imagination. This one was unusual.

https://twitter.com/endstpats/status/828025143536521216

So stupid. Nothing wrong with being proud of being Irish. Also nothing wrong with being proud of being white (so long as you are not racist about it).

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

White pride?
    We're only white because we rarely get the sun here!

But I'm still black!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Why are people taking such an obvious troll twitter account seriously?

Some people are just desperate to be outraged when they get mad at an obvious pisstake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

eviltwin wrote: »
    Some people are just desperate to be outraged when they get mad at an obvious pisstake

The account itself is obviously a pisstake. The tweet on its own wouldn't surprise me in this day and age to be honest.

There are so many people out there looking for new ways to push their "white privilege" agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

This is a 4chan prank. It's not real.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ann0

most of the world turned green for paddys day....paddys day is not a white pride day it is about irish culture

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

ann0 wrote: »
    most of the world turned green for paddys day....paddys day is not a white pride day it is about irish culture

See the post right above yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Gay Pride = Good
    Black pride = Good
    Homeless pride = Good
    Muslim pride = Good.
    White pride.... How very dare you??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Beyondgone wrote: »
    Gay Pride = Good
    Black pride = Good
    Homeless pride = Good
    Muslim pride = Good.

It wasn't fcuking real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johnsomeone

Looks like someone looking to drum up publicity, maybe they should apply for job with Ryanair

Birneybau wrote: »
    It wasn't fcuking real.

What wasn't? The op? Sure everyone knows that. The point stands.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Beyondgone wrote: »
    Gay Pride = Good
    Black pride = Good
    Homeless pride = Good
    Muslim pride = Good.

Probably because most people have never seen White Pride promoted by someone who wasn't a neo-nazi. It's just not a thing outside of the likes of Stormfront

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

darkdubh wrote: »
    I bet Louise O Neill will share it on Twitter agreeing with it, if she hasn't already done so.

I bet you're getting hard at the thought of being outraged at her.

The account is a p1sstake. It's a stock photo that someone used to create a dumb meme designed to get stupid rightwingers outraged. It's the kind of sh1t that p[ops up in the daily mail.

Probably because most people have never seen White Pride promoted by someone who wasn't a neo-nazi. It's just not a thing outside of the likes of Stormfront

Maybe someone nice should start a new movement? Lots of nice white people out there. I've met plenty of them. I'm not "white" so I don't qualify, but many "white" people have been beyond nice to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

:D FFS people actually fell for this. Come on lads, the damn account used a stock photo, and tweeted a bunch of nonsense for 3 days in February.

Goes to show, that its pretty easy to rile people up, by making some **** up, and posting it on twitter.

Advertisement