Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day is racist???

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Stop paying attention to morons. Simples.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'd love to see these people (SJWs) cope in a world without all the whiteman's inventions and innovations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It's a piss take. There is a new comedic market in SJW Parodys. There was one on BBC question time last night. They thought he was legit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Racist in that it propagate 18th century irish stereotypes of being drunken, laprachaun suite wearing apes maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Nothing wrong with some Irish Pride.

irish-pride-big-toast-800-large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Angela Merkel is wearing green, and Trump has a rather nice green tie on for their press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Some people need to get a life. Agree with the twitter user that pointed out that irish history is anything but one of priviledge.. but this girl doesn't deserve a legitimate response tbh. Kill the white man :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with some Irish Pride.

irish-pride-big-toast-800-large.jpg

Associated with sambos

Racist!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I saw a Muslim lady in a green hijab earlier. Ber daughter was in the local parade.

She didn't seem to mind.

• Advertisement

I mean.. It's a celebration of being Irish. We just happen to be mostly white. But I've never seen or heard of anyone being stopped from taking part in a parade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Spoof. I wonder why the picture said 2016 if the account was set up this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Im a hipster racist, I was racist before it was cool

• Registered Users Posts: 25,823 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Racist in that it propagate 18th century irish stereotypes of being drunken, laprachaun suite wearing apes maybe.

Lads in the street outside my house have been doing a great job of reinforcing that all day.

In fairness I'm not sure that theres much to be proud of, between blank and tans, Magdalene laundries, mother and baby homes, Grace, Aras Attracta, Direct Provision, Bertie resting money in his account and not resigning over it, Savita, garda McCabe .... and there are more local scale scandals all over the place. But no one ever takes responsibility.

I can understand people being pleased to be Irish. But pride ... in what exactly its hard to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Patser

2prdb9l.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Lads in the street outside my house have been doing a great job of reinforcing that all day.

In fairness I'm not sure that theres much to be proud of, between blank and tans, Magdalene laundries, mother and baby homes, Grace, Aras Attracta, Direct Provision, Bertie resting money in his account and not resigning over it, Savita, garda McCabe .... and there are more local scale scandals all over the place. But no one ever takes responsibility.

I can understand people being pleased to be Irish. But pride ... in what exactly its hard to see.

Yeah because the majority of us go out and destroy lives, rape, frame and murder others :rolleyes:

Pity we can't be like all the other perfect nations.

Racist against snakes In fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Didn't realise the Black and Tans were Irish....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

This is probably a troll but is "white pride" actually something certain people would be against?

It sounds a bit wrong to me, and I can't logic myself out of it. I'm white, if it's relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

European pride, is that OK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

weisses wrote: »
    White pride pffff .... Everyone knows its Green pride

Or Irish Pride, nicer :D

Also it's http://paddynotpatty.com/ :D;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭Live65a846d0ee

Racist and should be banned just like religion.

What exactly do we celebrate on St. Patricks's day? The triumph of Christianity over Paganism?

I dunno OP, it's kind of a case of being awarded the world's smallest medal for finding a mental Twitter account for this one I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Patser wrote: »
    2prdb9l.png

I never liked that film... there I said it :eek:

On the OP... could well be sincere. Possibly posted by a friend/relative or this guy himself - NSFW language etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Every country on earth has had scandals throughout its history. At least we can say we never colonised other nations or partook any bombings of civilians or mass killings in second world war, for instance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

psinno wrote: »
    Not sure I can tell the difference between trolls/sjw/liberals/parody/progressives any more.

Just like I can't tell the differences anymore with racists/conservatives/facists/bigots/white nationalists and morons.

Just like I can't tell the differences anymore with racists/conservatives/facists/bigots/white nationalists and morons.

I'm finding self professed Liberals almost fascist and bigoted in some ways lately. Extreme-minded, at least.

I find my conservative friends the most..well, conservative, in a good way. They're not prone to extreme views so fascism and bigotry doesn't seem to come naturally to them. Lots of conservative non white folk!

These two polarised attitudes amuse me, it's like there's no middle ground anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,823 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

wakka12 wrote: »
    . At least we can say we never .... or partook any bombings of civilians

Are you having a laugh???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

St Patricks day should be about Christianity and not Irish nationality as 5th century Ireland didn't have Irish nationalism as the men lived in tribes. If you brought those men back today they would not be marching in unity under a fleg.

Advertisement