Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night London - Manuwa vs Anderson - Sat March 18th 5.30pm GMT

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Ref stepped in way too many times for my liking. Not to mention the last time when Amirkhani had top position and was slowly working his underhook up further to transition to full mount. He stopped for maybe 2 seconds to take a breath and work his feet into a more stable position and the ref tells him to get up??? Good to see Dan Hardy calling it aswell.

Happened a lot when Amirkhani was in control compared to Allen....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Gamebred wrote: »
    Another loss for SBG wonder will be making a blog on this one...

Put it this way, there's only so many times ya can go on Twitter after a bad night saying "Win or Learn". At some point ya have to back up big claims such as having multiple UFC world champions by 2017, being the best gym in Europe etc.

That's if you make the big claims and write a Coaching Philosophy book, of course.....

There seemed real communication issues with Makwan in that fight. He wasn't paying a blind bit of notice to what John was saying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Put it this way, there's only so many times ya can go on Twitter after a bad night saying "Win or Learn". At some point ya have to back up big claims such as having multiple UFC world champions by 2017, being the best gym in Europe etc.

That's if you make the big claims and write a Coaching Philosophy book, of course.....

There seemed real communication issues with Makwan in that fight. He wasn't paying a blind bit of notice to what John was saying.

:pac: Knew ya were on tonight bud thought that'd get ya on debating :D

I think its underestimated how much work Conor does with Roddy, he deserves every bit as much credit as Kavanagh gets for training a double champ,

Makwan cant box I think there in lies his problem, can kick a bit at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭tinpib

Right call by the ref there, Pickett was out.

:pac: Knew ya were on tonight bud thought that'd get ya on debating :D

I think its underestimated how much work Conor does with Roddy, he deserves every bit as much credit as Kavanagh gets for training a double champ,

Makwan cant box I think there in lies his problem, can kick a bit at best.

:D Crafty! Yeah you're right.

Being pedantic I'd have liked Conor to show up to support his 2 team-mates in their big fights. As cool as it was to support Mick Conlan in his debut, Mick was fighting a total donkey in a meaningless fight. There's a lot on the line for Makwan and Gunni tonight and it might have given them a small boost having Conor octagon-side.

• Advertisement

Jesus this is some **** fest, you'd swear Pickett was terminally ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Very respectful from Vera there.

Nice to see Pickett getting a nice send off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

hope im really wrong but dont see gunni winning

His lack of time spent in SBG for this camp will be interesting as wonder say you'd wonder if he'd better of at home training...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Surprised he survived that, Gunnis hips when slicing past are sick.

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Class

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

i was wrong

Jesus that was impressive, his striking has improved his last 2 fights massively, could've got a tko but stuck to his roots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭tinpib

Brilliant! Loved the way he pounced for the sub there. You don't see that too often, usually they swarm in to clobber them with punches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Brilliant. He's a strange fighter most people would have just layed into Jouban when he rocked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

that was cool as ****...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

No surprise but I'd like to see Nelson take on someone higher up the ranks like Cerrone

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Enjoyed that - predictable enough, but happy for Gunny!

Gunni is going to get a serious step up in competition now, Wonderboy sounds good to me.

please god, a win for entertainment and not dry humping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Is Maunwa's criminal record the reason he has only fought outside of Europe once?

I see this as a Manuwa knockout in Round 2.

Gunni is going to get a serious step up in competition now, Wonderboy sounds good to me.

They'll probably go safe with Dong Hyun Kim but I agree Wonderboy, Condit or Lawler would be good fights (if the latter 2 actually want to fight).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Terrible walk out music

Gunni has such good striking for a guy with such high class BJJ.

• Advertisement

KJ wrote: »
    Is Maunwa's criminal record the reason he has only fought outside of Europe once?

I see this as a Manuwa knockout in Round 2.

No he's fine to fight in USA.

He trained at Alliance in the last few years and has said he has no problems with his previous convictions.

Advertisement