Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever bought blogger merchandise?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

ratmouse wrote: »
    I hear that. I don't necessarily buy it though. Didn't stop her putting nail polishes and contour packs on the market when its clear that they are no different from similar brands three times less expensive.

Yeah I get you. I liked her polishes, the colour range is fantastic, but to be fair I think I am pretty lucky when it comes to nail polish lasting.

I actually tried her lashes because I was given the makeup bag set as a present at Christmas. Came with the contour palette, 2 nail polishes, remover, 2 pairs of lashes and the bag.
    Bag is great fits a lot and I get great use out of it. Remover doesn't work, polishes as good as previous ones I have, get a lot more use out of the contour palette than I thought I would. That being said I'm not pale. But the lashes I'd buy over and over again.

I'd buy the aluxe glasses but only if I saw them in person my head is too small to chance it online.

Pocos while look lovely are too expensive for me. I have too many pairs that are much cheaper. But I am quite tempted by the newest ones out.

I was interested in the ripe by Roz scrubs until I saw it was 20 quid for a paper bag.

Fairy wands to me are just too childish looking, I also can't fathom how they were limited edition but in absolutely every pharmacy I pass, and I wouldn't buy the lipsticks considering how drying they look in the pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Would love to see a consumer show about private labelling and lifts the lid on blogger produce and how it's processed.
    They get away with it because their followers don't know any better, imo. There needs to be more awareness here

anna080 wrote: »
    Would love to see a consumer show about private labelling and lifts the lid on blogger produce and how it's processed.
    They get away with it because their followers don't know any better, imo. There needs to be more awareness here

I would love to see this but less for seeing what bloggers produce more the other companies that are charging huges amounts for their product.

Shivletzmakeup showed a private labelling website and pointed out a foundation bottle that was identical to one of the bigger brands in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

ameliams wrote: »
    Yeah I get you. I liked her polishes, the colour range is fantastic, but to be fair I think I am pretty lucky when it comes to nail polish lasting.

I actually tried her lashes because I was given the makeup bag set as a present at Christmas. Came with the contour palette, 2 nail polishes, remover, 2 pairs of lashes and the bag.
    Bag is great fits a lot and I get great use out of it. Remover doesn't work, polishes as good as previous ones I have, get a lot more use out of the contour palette than I thought I would. That being said I'm not pale. But the lashes I'd buy over and over again.

I'd buy the aluxe glasses but only if I saw them in person my head is too small to chance it online.

Pocos while look lovely are too expensive for me. I have too many pairs that are much cheaper. But I am quite tempted by the newest ones out.

I was interested in the ripe by Roz scrubs until I saw it was 20 quid for a paper bag.

Fairy wands to me are just too childish looking, I also can't fathom how they were limited edition but in absolutely every pharmacy I pass, and I wouldn't buy the lipsticks considering how drying they look in the pictures.

Yes, the Fairy Wands and the hideous star shaped bag are very childish, even down to the name .Yes, don't her lipsticks look seriously dry? No way I'd be putting such dried out tat on my lips .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

I personally don't understand the reasoning behind not adding in a lash glue tbh. I use duo glue myself, but not everyone has lash glue in their makeup bag.
    Imagine heading out on a night out and you picked up her lashes and only found out when getting ready that there was no glue in the box. I think most people would be irked. Also, as another poster stated before, she basically copied House of Lashes lash holder. That to me seems weird. Why would you create something for your lash brand that is basically not really necessary but leave out glue which is a fundamental step in the application hahaha
    That being said, her 'Kim' lashes are to die for :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I've bought the real techniques brushes, without realising they were originally from a blogger, oh and I bought the fortune favours the brave palette, but just because it's great.
    I can't see myself buying anything from an Irish blogger, just given the white label nature of products and the price comparison to other stuff on the market.
    I do remember another blogger reviewing Pippas palette and complaining that one of the first ingredients in the eye shadows was talc and that was a no no when it came to eye shadows.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

With bloggers not having any storage or shipping means, I'd hazard a guess that they are in partnership with either the store/main store selling the products or with the brand themselves who may handle distribution, etc. I don't know much about the blogger products being discussed here so the 'brand' suggestion there might not fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mekekka

I've bought the sosue nail varnish in a good variety of colours and have been happy with all. There is always at least one colour in each new bunch which catches my eye. Haven't any other of her products though have been tempted by the Lashes. Bit surprised by the glue thing, I have bought Lashes randomly going on nights out before and always just assumed they would have glue included, good, bad or indifferent.
    Tempted by fairy wands initially but couldn't justify the price; glad when I saw laurasviews video on her updated review of them - she was generally happy but didn't use a few at all which is exactly what I was worried about, paying that for a whole set and not using every single one. And I'd have had zero use for the bag/holder.
    Pocos look nice but again couldn't justify the price when you can get lovely jeans for half the price. Definitely selling just because it's Pippa.
    Bought the wonder pads from wax Perts only to discover I couldn't use them because I was pregnant at the time so passed them on!
    Think Rosie's sunglasses look nice, was glad they had a decent price when she launched as I was expecting something a bit more expensive but hadn't even occurred to me about them being white label until this thread.
    On the fence about the MUF lip range until they launch properly. They are supposed to be matte so will look somewhat dry in pictures but am a bit reluctant until I see more. She has stated many times that her products aren't white label (or whatever way she termed it) so not sure about that end. If there is a whole limited edition pre sale thing with these though, I definitely won't be purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

Regarding MUF's lip range not being 'white labelled', I think she's telling us white lies there. I would love to know where her products are being manufactured if that's the case.

Megan McKenna from TOWIE, and both Charlotte and Chloe from Geordie Shore all have their own liquid lipstick range and to me they all look the same. They all don't strike me as standing in a makeup lab formulating colours and finishes.
    I am not the biggest fan of liquid lipsticks but I'm sure she'll sell and be successful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Mekekka wrote: »
    On the fence about the MUF lip range until they launch properly. They are supposed to be matte so will look somewhat dry in pictures but am a bit reluctant until I see more. She has stated many times that her products aren't white label (or whatever way she termed it) so not sure about that end.

Where did she say they weren't white label? I haven't heard her say anything on snapchat.

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Where did she say they weren't white label? I haven't heard her say anything on snapchat.

She said it a month or two ago. Went through the 3 options you have when it comes to producing a product and she had gone for the hardest one. Also had a passive aggressive post about it on Instagram last week. Maybe if she had gone the private labelling route her products would look better and more professional.

White label doesn't bother me in the slightest, go into your local chemist and they're will be a hundred or some brands there most of which are white label. It's far from just bloggers who do it.

I remember the beautiful truth saying she didn't like the Pippa palette and it was her who made the comment about talc. She did also point out however the master series one (?) palette which she loves also had talc as the first ingredient.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

ameliams wrote: »
    She said it a month or two ago. Went through the 3 options you have when it comes to producing a product and she had gone for the hardest one. Also had a passive aggressive post about it on Instagram last week.

Oh, I missed that comment from a month ago. I did see the instagram post, and made out from it that she was designing the packaging herself. I wasn't sure whether or not actual makeup formula(?) was white label.

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Oh, I missed that comment from a month ago. I did see the instagram post, and made out from it that she was designing the packaging herself. I wasn't sure whether or not actual makeup formula(?) was white label.

Definitely the way she said it was that she wasn't selecting it from a catalogue it was all entirely from scratch, which is why it took so long. But who knows.

I don't really understand her marketing behind it anyway. She announced the lipsticks at what the start of February and they aren't out until April supposedly. Which most likely will be June given that the packaging was signed off on yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

They were meant to be out end of march!l at the start! She has repeatedly said especially with the brushes that they are all made from her ideas (I guess) from scratch! I remember her on about selecting shapes for the barrels of the brushes and all that jazz!
    You would imagine tho if she was selecting formula and whatever else she would have posted pics in the factory! Even kylie jenner did that for her lip kits!! I would because I would be wanting to show all the effort I'm going to making product! I still can't get over she hasn't posted any sort of video for her brushes showing them of! Suzanne regularly does for her contour palette (haven't watched but she mentions on snapchat every so often). Each to there own I suppose!

Also agree about the limited edition pre sale! What a load of bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Remember - the topic is did you ever bought blogger merchandise and what did you think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Babyspice13

I bought the Pippa Palette which was ok. Same as other palettes really . Some things I liked, some I didn't.

I also bought a pair of Poco's (slimmers) but sent them back. They were exactly like River Island's Mollys. This didn't surprise me as Pippa was a big Molly's fan. I didn't feel they were worth an extra €60

I thought Rosie's glasses looked good and were a good price point until I found the same ones on Ali Express
    IMG_1998_zpslx4koam6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Yep, those are the glasses I have from Ebay ($5).

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

I have make up geek and real techniques products I love them .. I swatched the so sue me highlight palette it's no different to the one for €6 in penneys ..
    I'll definitely be trying her eyelashes though ... I was going to buy the pippa palette until i swatched that it wasn't good at all ...
    I wouldn't pay €90 for a pair of jeans that are cheaper from a well established company

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I picked the Pippa palette. I did debate over getting it as it had mixed reviews. The main reason I got it is because I'm usually away once a month/6 weeks to visit the inlaws so I've brought this with me those weekends. I like that the eyeshadows are matte, they are more daytime colours than night time. The blush is rubbish in it, there is literally no colour payoff. The palette looks nice, but I won't be repurchasing it if/when it runs out.
    I have the master series palette from Blank canvas and there is a big difference between the colour payoff with the two palettes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

I bought the Pippa Palette which was ok. Same as other palettes really . Some things I liked, some I didn't.

I also bought a pair of Poco's (slimmers) but sent them back. They were exactly like River Island's Mollys. This didn't surprise me as Pippa was a big Molly's fan. I didn't feel they were worth an extra €60

I thought Rosie's glasses looked good and were a good price point until I found the same ones on Ali Express
    IMG_1998_zpslx4koam6.jpg

I imagine if she's buying wholesale/bulk she's probably paying around .30 - .50 cent per pair..

If people are thick enough to buy crap like that from 'influencers' well then..I dunno! No one holds a gun to anyone head to buy anything!

I see Aimee Connolly's 'Sculpted' palette has just won best product at the image beauty awards. Isn't this the category that Pippa was judging? So she went for her pals palette out of the absolute shed load she was given to try? Seems a bit, suss.
    I have Aimee's palette and tbh I was annoyed at myself for even buying it. When I opened it there was already a finger smudge in the highlighter and the rest was just meh. I'd put it on par with sleek stuff, grand like but nothing amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I see Aimee Connolly's 'Sculpted' palette has just won best product at the image beauty awards. Isn't this the category that Pippa was judging? So she went for her pals palette out of the absolute shed load she was given to try? Seems a bit, suss.
    I have Aimee's palette and tbh I was annoyed at myself for even buying it. When I opened it there was already a finger smudge in the highlighter and the rest was just meh. I'd put it on par with sleek stuff, grand like but nothing amazing.

A finger smudge?! How gross and a right turn off eh?

ratmouse wrote: »
    A finger smudge?! How gross and a right turn off eh?

I know! I snapped her a pic of it too! Needless to say my pic did not make it into her snapchat fan montage that day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

I'm not into the whole contouring and highlighting thing to be honest, so none of those palettes interest me at all.
    I did invest in the Pippa leather look jeans, I really liked them and had been looking for a pair of non cheap looking ones for ages. I'm happy with my purchase, as they were a once off for going out and not every day wearing but I wouldnt be buying the regular look/every day jeans to be honest, not at those prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I have RT brushes but wasn't aware until this thread that they are by Pixiwoo.

Got given a SOSU blender and hated it. Threw it out. It was too rigid to use and I went back to using a Beauty Blender.

None of the other products really appeal to me. I'd prefer to buy more well known brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

I am a big fake eyelashes aficionado and I've bought most of the lashes Sue has had on the market so far.

I agree that not having glue in the box is bizarre. I found this out for the first time when staying in a hotel about to head on a night out and had no other glue with me. I don't understand people not liking the eyelure glue! I've worn eyelure lashes for maybe 8 years and my lashes never budge, though I do put the glue directly on my eyelid/just above my lashline as well as on the lashes.

She has one range of "luxury lashes" that are about 20 euro and an utter rip off for that price I think. They weren't very flexible when fitting them on the lid and I ended up just cutting them in half and using the outer corners.

The range for Penneys are my favourite tbh. And they're very cheap. I stockpiled about ten pairs of them recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 stardoll81

As a fan of Pippa, I've bought the palette, her jeans and book. To be honest I love the palette, blush aside, I use the rest of it most days and it's v handy when travelling as you can do both day and night makeup so will def repurchase.

The book was grand, if you follow Pippa's blog there's not much more that hasn't been covered on her blog but it's v well put together and there are loads of tips etc...

I really wanted to love the pocos and ordered the slimmers, leather look and all stars in both colours and have had to return them all...here are the main criticisms:

Slimmers - these had really nice stretchy material and colour was really good however the waist is more low to mid rise than mid to high rise and as a result I didn't feel comfortable in them. They needed to be higher in waist especially if you aren't stick thin

The leather look - these were small fitting and the material didn't feel great in my opinion..the black coated Mollys from River island definitely fit better and were softer and I'd go for them over the leather looks

The all stars - these are more mid to high rise which is a plus but still quite small fitting...the black fit better than the blue and had nicer material but for €95 a pair I just expected more of them. I'm returning these as they are just too similar to the RI Molly which in my opinion fit better and are half the price.

I also tried the off duties in store and again these are low to mid rise in my opinion which I was not comfortable in so didn't purchase these...I assume the Saturday nights have the same waist so didn't bother trying these..

Overall I was really disappointed with the pocos, as they looked fab on Pippa and on others but just weren't for me...maybe the new tummy tuck ones will suit me!! 😄

Hope that helps anyone considering purchasing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

You must be really a fan if you bought 6 pairs of them at that price!!! :-0
    Can't beat the Mollys!!
    I also hadn't realised Real Techniques were a blogger product until I saw it mentioned here. I bought those brushes after a recommendation in another beauty thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement