Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get on with your neighbours?

Options
  • 15-03-2017 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Me I despise my direct neighbour. They are ignorant stuck up look at me not very friendly people. Its not like I have not tried to get to know them but they are so far up there own arse I am just not bothered anymore. They can,t even close a front door correctly every time they slam it you would think she is trying to bring the wall with her. Just this morning he decides to mow the lawns even do there shorter than a normal persons lawn is but he decides to mow them anyway. Thats her father by the way ye he does everything for her. I would have had no problem if I was not about to go out for me walk to catch a bus actually but because of him not only did I miss the bus but will be late for the film I have booked in the cinema. Most of my other neighbours are nice they will say hello and talk.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I don't particularly care as I am work all day and out on the weekends.

You seem to have developed an unhealthy fascination with their habits.

Do you write peep out the curtains and write it all down?

I can see how "not bothered you are anymore" alright.

Well holy God!

How did your neighbour cause you to miss the bus and more importantly what were you going to see in the cinema? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

AMKC wrote: »
    Me I despise my direct neighbour. They are ignorant stuck up look at me not very friendly people. Its not like I have not tried to get to know them but they are so far up there own arse I am just not bothered anymore. They can,t even close a front door correctly every time they slam it you would think she is trying to bring the wall with her. Just this morning he decides to mow the lawns even do there shorter than a normal persons lawn is but he decides to mow them anyway. Thats her father by the way ye he does everything for her. I would have had no problem if I was not about to go out for me walk to catch a bus actually but because of him not only did I miss the bus but will be late for the film I have booked in the cinema. Most of my other neighbours are nice they will say hello and talk.

Maybe I'm dumb, but how did your neighbours father mowing her lawn stop you from going for a walk or catching a bus??

I get on great with all of my neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

What???? How the hell did they make you miss your bus? Surely that's your own fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Maybe I'm dumb, but how did your neighbours father mowing her lawn stop you from going for a walk or catching a bus??

I get on great with all of my neighbours.

Cleary the neighbour's father drives the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You're not bothered anymore - but come on here to complain about them so I think you are lying OP and you are bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I don't think people who keep to themselves are stuck up or ignorant, but a simple hello is just manners. My neighbour is a nutter. I'd want a rabies injection before going near him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

OP mind me asking, are you 12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Are you 11 years old and did your teacher tell you to write a short essay about your neighbours for homework?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

By 'Neighbours' do you mean your brother/sister in the bedroom next door? And is their dad also your dad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Presumably because they had to type up a post on boards about him mowing the lawn, thereby delaying the OP in leaving their own house on time ?:confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

All mine are grand. I keep the hedges trimmed on either side of my house, so use their brown bins when mine are full. They don't mind, as I take it all up on their sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

No I am not 12. Yes I am self conscious of how I look. I am not your everyday boring person. Some people do not get or understand that.
    Do I write it all down no I don,t I will admit there was a time when I would peak out through the blinds but that was only because of the constant door slamming. I had actually stopped and was totally not bothered anymore until this morning.
    He doe s not drive a bus dn,t know or care what he does for a living but I say he is a pensioner.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

beertons wrote: »
    All mine are grand. I keep the hedges trimmed on either side of my house, so use their brown bins when mine are full. They don't mind, as I take it all up on their sides.

Ah here, that is just dying for a joke about trimming your neighbour's bush...

Still not making sense of how he made you miss your bus ? Are you Sharon Curley???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well holy God!

How did your neighbour cause you to miss the bus and more importantly what were you going to see in the cinema? :p

Hidden Figures. I suppose because I am self conscious of how I look. I got new Wedges and was going to wear them out but think I will just wear flats now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

What???? How the hell did they make you miss your bus? Surely that's your own fault?
    He doe s not drive a bus dn,t know or care what he does for a living but I say he is a pensioner.

How did he make you late for your bus ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

You still haven't explained how it was their fault you missed your bus?
    No I am not 12. Yes I am self conscious of how I look. I am not your everyday boring person. Some people do not get or understand that.

Ok, are you 11?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

My neighbours are mostly animals.

And we have no bus.

My neighbours are mostly animals

Most people in Donegal are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

gramar wrote: »
    Most people in Donegal are.

No no, that's Kerry as Paudi said

Hidden Figures. I suppose because I am self conscious of how I look. I got new Wedges and was going to wear them out but think I will just wear flats now.

Ah OP wear what ever you like. I sometimes wear ankle socks over my tights if my feet are cold. People probably look at me and go "state of her" or they are too busy with themselves to even notice me :)

Embrace the wedges!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

This is getting weird, he made you miss the bus because you didn't want him to see you leave in your wedges?

I had to google wedges. They are not a good look OP. Not a good look at all.

gramar wrote: »
    I had to google wedges. They are not a good look OP. Not a good look at all.

They are grand G. A more comfortable alternative to heels :)

Unless of course your a bus driver OP and you shouldnt wear wedges while you drive it and hate the thoughts of being caught out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

what were you going to see in the cinema? :p

The Lawnmower Man ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The neighbour must be in Mossad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I don't really talk to them, but we're fairly on fairly amiable terms, no issues to speak of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So your own vanity caused you to miss the bus. Not your neighbours elderly father.

Advertisement