Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most ridiculous thing you've ever seen/heard/read?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Any of the sh!t regarding 9/11 with no planes and no terrorists or George W masterminded it or whatever bollox they want you to believe and the fluoride in the water blah blah blah.

Seriously did you not get the memo!! Jet fuel can't melt steel beams man!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Religious dogma - all of it. Pure BS.

The ridiculous thing is just how much of the world swallows it up.:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,346 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Was once asked by a girl I was working with in US if you could drive from Ireland to Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,033 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Pawwed Rig wrote:
    Was once asked by a girl I was working with in US if you could drive from Ireland to Australia.

Now there's an adventure I'd like to try

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭valoren

This article by John Waters.
    It's the most cringe worthy, self indulgent rubbish I have ever read.

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/dreams-die-with-death-of-katy-1.990174

She had a beauty that suggested itself as emanating from an infinity within.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

You probably could (a few ferries in between)
    Do you drive a submarine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Lilmiss82 wrote: »
    We all see things every once in a while where all you can do is shake your head and say 'REALLY!?' I'm after seeing a status there on Facebook asking straight up - are unicorns really real!? :eek: She genuinely really believed that they were real!! She's proper disappointed now that she's found out they're only mythical creatures!!
    What's the most ridiculous thing/status etc that you've ever seen or heard?

She thought unicorns were real, lol, suppose she thinks dinosaurs actually existed too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

was literally only taking about a chap i worked with in the US earlier , he couldn't get his head round the fact i was an atheist always had a million questions to put to me to stump me into accepting god was real, he had some absolute crackers such as :

If Gods not real how do you explain electricity - He believed electricity was a gift from god sent to earth through lightning

If people evolved from Monkeys , then why are there still monkeys - TBF i think his understanding of evolution was shaped more by Pokemon then Darwin

If Gods not real who was Jesus dad - Mind was totally blown when i suggested i didn't necessarily believe Jesus ever existed

If Gods not real how do you explain all the people cured of cancer through prayer - didn't have much response for what about all the people who die anyway incl kids despite the prayers , other then the it's god will thing

Best of all though he believed Jesus was European - the reason for this being his "Buddy's" where called Matthew , Mark , Luke and John which are European names and the were Christians, If Jesus was from the middle east his Buddy's would a been called Mohamed or Abu and they would have been Jews or Mooslims .... Evidently missed the part were Jesus was a Jew but i didn't go there.

TBH any grown ass adult who believes any of the religious sh!t is kinda hard to take seriously , its kinda cute when kids have imaginary friends, kinda creepy though when people in their 20's , 30's & 40's let their imaginary friends blind them to facts , reason and control their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,112 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

A few weeks back, I spotted a guy thumbing for a lift with a chainsaw in one hand.

I'm sure plenty didn't believe me but a video was posted on Facebook last week, same guy... looked like the same chainsaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

valoren wrote: »

You could pick almost anything that clown has ever committed to print.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

When people say, "how can an opinion be wrong".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

selfie sticks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 272 ✭✭Stars and Stripes

RTE news reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

valoren wrote: »

I think I deep fried my brain from reading that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Feminism. The biggest load nonsense, far worse than traditional religious preachings. To be fair it does act as a great screening process for the bottom of the barrel of society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

Folks who are fully convinced that their opinions and moral standings are not only correct, but also that they are the norm of society and that those who disagree are stupid or immoral.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Actually There was an Aussie who circumnavigated the globe in an amphibious jeep.

http://www.amphibiousvehicle.net/amphi/H/halfsafespecial/halfsafe.html
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/adventure/outdoors/a8599/a-madman-an-amphibious-jeep-and-a-trip-around-the-world-14962549/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

The day Capt'n Midnight ended humour......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

"whitewashing" Jesus christ this annoys me so much, Black person doesn't win a award.....racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Robsweezie wrote: »
    if you don't like me then you're racist as im a quarter african

that, and sexist air conditioning.

Sexist tracksuit pants.
    The "Gay witches for Abortion". I mean........... *sigh*

I saw a sign in a clip of a Dublin Repeal march. It said Witches for Abortion. I wondered if I'd misread it at the time.
    Any of the sh!t regarding 9/11 with no planes and no terrorists or George W masterminded it or whatever bollox they want you to believe and the fluoride in the water blah blah blah.

Flouride in the water supply is not great. Mass medication via water supply in general is weird. Banned in other countries, for a reason, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭LCD

was literally only taking about a chap i worked with in the US earlier , he couldn't get his head round the fact i was an atheist always had a million questions to put to me to stump me into accepting god was real, he had some absolute crackers such as :

If Gods not real how do you explain electricity - He believed electricity was a gift from god sent to earth through lightning

If people evolved from Monkeys , then why are there still monkeys - TBF i think his understanding of evolution was shaped more by Pokemon then Darwin

If Gods not real who was Jesus dad - Mind was totally blown when i suggested i didn't necessarily believe Jesus ever existed

If Gods not real how do you explain all the people cured of cancer through prayer - didn't have much response for what about all the people who die anyway incl kids despite the prayers , other then the it's god will thing

Best of all though he believed Jesus was European - the reason for this being his "Buddy's" where called Matthew , Mark , Luke and John which are European names and the were Christians, If Jesus was from the middle east his Buddy's would a been called Mohamed or Abu and they would have been Jews or Mooslims .... Evidently missed the part were Jesus was a Jew but i didn't go there.

TBH any grown ass adult who believes any of the religious sh!t is kinda hard to take seriously , its kinda cute when kids have imaginary friends, kinda creepy though when people in their 20's , 30's & 40's let their imaginary friends blind them to facts , reason and control their lives.

Great post, however I can't help but think, how is a person this thick (The American lad) gainfully employed? What industry you guys in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

LCD wrote: »
    Great post, however I can't help but think, how is a person this thick (The American lad) gainfully employed? What industry you guys in?

I almost don't believe someone could be that dense but they exist. Less stupid but more ridiculously annoying: my sister was on holiday and hanging out with some brits and had to forcefully explain to one of them that Ireland was not part of Britian. In fairness, they had so many colonies it must be hard to keep track of them all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

On a Peppa Pig Cutlery Set that I bought for my two year old daughter yesterday:

"Recommended for children aged 12 months +"

followed by......

"WARNING! Under the Offensive Weapons Act 1996 this item must NOT be sold to anyone under the age of 18"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Ryan Tubridy on a Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I still don't believe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

My mum thought the ISS was located on the moon. Not a proud moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Last year I got my nephew a biggish toy truck for his Bday , later while sitting at the kitchen table talking to my brother I just looked at the box , on it was the warnings :

This truck cannot fly.
    This truck is not to be enjoyed aggressively.

Broke our hearts laughing.Thanks China !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Just saw an ad for the RTE series Daniel and Majella's Road Trip. (Daniel O'Donnell and his wife)

So that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard or seen.

Advertisement