Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most ridiculous thing you've ever seen/heard/read?

Options
  • 13-03-2017 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

We all see things every once in a while where all you can do is shake your head and say 'REALLY!?' I'm after seeing a status there on Facebook asking straight up - are unicorns really real!? :eek: She genuinely really believed that they were real!! She's proper disappointed now that she's found out they're only mythical creatures!!
    What's the most ridiculous thing/status etc that you've ever seen or heard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Lilmiss82 wrote: »
    We all see things every once in a while where all you can do is shake your head and say 'REALLY!?' I'm after seeing a status there on Facebook asking straight up - are unicorns really real!? :eek: She genuinely really believed that they were real!! She's proper disappointed now that she's found out they're only mythical creatures!!
    What's the most ridiculous thing/status etc that you've ever seen or heard?

This thread :pac: only joking

There was a ad for butter lipstick a few years ago, my ex turns to me and says I wonder if it's made from butter.....She also followed that up with do Parrots lay eggs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I think there is a very similar thread here in AH.
    Dumb Facebook Statuses or the like.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not once but many times I have seen pigeons eating vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,441 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Pre-Poo Toilet Spray, yes you read correctly, a spray you carry around with you and spray into the toilet bowl before you do a dump, to avoid the people coming in after you having to smell your "devil's doughnuts" as the ad puts it.

http://www.vi-poo.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L37-3v7DyYs

When i first saw the ad on TV I just assumed it was a spoof, but no, sometimes the truth really is stranger than fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Mainly religious ****. We're gonna take back the holy land cos thats where our guys from. We're gonna teach you our religion (or kill you) cos our guy said we're right and your wrong. We're gonna fly a plane into a building cos our guy is mad at you. We don't do blood transfusions cos our guy said its wrong. etc etc.... I know its the thing you believe in but stop and have a think for a minute. Massive oversimplification but hopefully you get my point. On a small scale, triple parking to save yourself a 1 min walk to get a bag of chips. You **** off you ridiculous ****!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Riddle101

A friend mine once told me a story of the time he had a girl up in his room. They were fooling around and he heard his mother coming up the stairs so he made her climb out the window of his bedroom where a ladder had been placed. We all knew he was lying, but even to this day he still insists it actually happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

A taxi driver told me Christmas day was 25th June in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

aujopimur wrote: »
    A taxi driver told me Christmas day was 25th June in Australia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_in_July

He's not too far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

if you don't like me then you're racist as im a quarter african

that, and sexist air conditioning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

The "Gay witches for Abortion". I mean........... *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,033 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

president trump!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The woman who ate loads of Refresher bars while she was pregnant.

The baby was born with one stuck to it's forehead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Pac1Man wrote: »
    The woman who ate loads of Refresher bars while she was pregnant.

The baby was born with one stuck to it's forehead.

Yeah, I think you'll find she may not have been 'eating' that particular one......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Any of the sh!t regarding 9/11 with no planes and no terrorists or George W masterminded it or whatever bollox they want you to believe and the fluoride in the water blah blah blah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    president trump!

People who can't move on.

People who can't move on.

tis fairly ridiculous in all fairness

tis fairly ridiculous in all fairness

Yeah, ridiculous that you can't move on after all these months, you said it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Some guy wanted to ride the corpse of Cilla Black...

Yeah, ridiculous that you can't move on after all these months, you said it!

:confused:

:confused:

Not sure what you are confused about. You brought Trump into the thread.

• Advertisement

frag420 wrote: »
    Some guy wanted to ride the corpse of Cilla Black...

He claimed not to know she was dead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

Things written about Northern Ireland and its people, mostly online.

Woman saying that Martin McGuinness shouldn't have been going for president as he is from Derry even though the last president was Belfast born.

Yank said that the Scotch-Irish Americans got their Scandinavian DNA from the Vikings raids of Ulster in the 10th century, the Scotch-Irish didn't arrive in Ulster until the 17th century. Ulster wasn't settled much by Vikings anyway.

People complaining when John Hume won the greatest Irishman award because he was from United Kingdom, the other contenders like Michael Collins were also born and raised in the United Kingdom.

On a US tv series there was a scene when the actor called Bushmills Protestant whiskey and Jameson Catholic even though John Jameson was Scottish and probably Protestant, plus Bushmills is owned by Catholics now I think.

When the US Army were based in Northern Ireland in WW2 they were given wee information books, it said in them that the shamrock and St Patrick belonged to Southern Ireland, Patrick most likely spent most of his mission in north and west of the island, even the modern airport in loyalist Belfast has an advert up promoting "St Patricks country" in Downpatrick. The wee booklet also said that unionists were also very proud Irishmen.

Random unionist woman on wireless slandering the Irish language and how it is a foreign language, her own home towns name comes from the Irish language. Also big Arlene comparing the language to Polish.

Loyalist saying that the Ulster Plantations were revenge for the Gaelic invasion of western Scotland in the 6th century, the Gaels who settled in Scotland were his own direct ancestors, that is like an American saying in 700 years that the US will invade Europe because you invaded us.

There is also some nonsense spouted about Scotland too but that is mostly due to peoples hatred of the SNP rather than ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Woman saying that Martin McGuinness shouldn't have been going for president as he is from Derry even though the last president was Belfast born.

I remember, during that campaign, someone (I think it was on Boards) saying that David Norris would be an unsuitable president because he's a Protestant... Um... like Hyde... and Childers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

• Registered Users Posts: 35,876 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Girl asked me once what country Earnest was in, she was curious to know, and to know why so much starts there .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Did I cross the sea on a train via the channel tunnel?I was in Mexico at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,876 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

''search for Miss Heritage 2017 has started in Earnest''

''This war will start in Earnest on Tuesday, when early reports from E&E News indicate that President Trump will sign an executive order ...''

''The 2017 NCAA Tournament opens Tuesday and Wednesday with play-in games and then starts in Earnest on Thursday''

''Fremantle's search for its 2017 captain starts in Earnest down at the Port today. There could be an announcement as soon as today, or as late ...''

''While the conference starts in Earnest on Monday, the first day of SXSW officially kicked off on Friday with a smattering of events, film premieres ''

Earnest is a busy place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

Clinton Body Count- that Bill and Hillary killed 50 or more associates during his presidency,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I was asked by an American about the 24 hour clock at a buseireann bus stop. He didn't no how to read the bus timetable.
    he didn't believe me when I told him what time the bus was coming at.
    I was only a young lad at the time so maybe that was the reason. Or maybe he was just an absolute retard ; )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

That Fianna Fail still considers itself a nationalist party.

Advertisement