Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocaine popularity on the rise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

These cocaine threads get right up my nose.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I'm not addicted to cocaine I just like the way it smells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

from a cost-benefit standpoint i have no idea why anybody would choose to do Class As. Depending on the type they'll turn you into an insufferable arsehole to varying degrees - and that's if you're lucky and don't end up dead or in another country true sheer loss of self-control - and you'll wake up days later with a hole burnt in your pocket for the pleasure. Truly one of the most retarded decision you can make in life IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Heckler wrote: »
    Well, to quote thats your opinion man. Of course its not needed. Alcohol, cigs, sex aren't needed. People like to do all anyways.

I enjoy drinking and a line or two of coke keeps me awake where I might have been fading. Yup I've seen and heard about the mexican cartels.

You're making excuses to justify your habits... if you're "fading" then it's a sign that you've probably reached your limit for the night. The solution there is not to go take some harder stuff, but to recognize this and go home.

If you "need" to keep going/drinking then you have a bigger issue than fading to be honest.. and equating it to sex is just ridiculous.

Your post in fact shows entirely the problem many in this country have with alcohol and drug use.. an inability to just enjoy yourself and have a few (2/3) pints while you do so.. for too many it's all about the pints themselves and who reckon that's where the enjoyment comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

nullzero wrote: »
    These cocaine threads get right up my nose.

They're not to be sniffed at.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Surely it depends on the level of addiction.

I know a few who will smoke the odd joint, take an E, even do the odd line of coke and they seem happy and successful.

Last week I met a man who has just lost his wife, house and child, because of alcohol. He was also on his way to getting a handy criminal record, because of his tendency to threaten the ex when drunk.

I'm gonna disagree. Not with the alcohol thing, but drugs are just bad, always have been and always be bad. Wouldn't go near them with a bargepole, its a slippery slope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

I no a fellow who went to the zoo looking for a line...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Cocaine is ''cool'' again, eh? :rolleyes: I wonder how Gerry Ryan and Kathy French would respond to this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭stimpson

Cocaine is ''cool'' again, eh? :rolleyes: I wonder how Gerry Ryan and Kathy French would respond to this thread...

Over-enthusiastically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I wonder how Gerry Ryan and Kathy French would respond to this thread...

Via oujia board?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Probably the same way George Best would respond to the Beers Forum ........ their mistakes are their mistakes, nobody else's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

No one does coke like Tony Montana.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Having lived in Colombia for over 2 years, I've become massively opposed to the consumption of cocaine. If you purchase this drug you are very likely funding the illegal groups responsible for millions of deaths in this country and helping to derail the ongoing efforts towards a peace deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Having lived in Colombia for over 2 years, I've become massively opposed to the consumption of cocaine. If you purchase this drug you are very likely funding the illegal groups responsible for millions of deaths in this country and helping to derail the ongoing efforts towards a peace deal.

You could blame the users, the cocoa farmers, the dealers, the prohibition, humanity itself, but cocaine is not going to go away, people like it too much

You could blame the users, the cocoa farmers, the dealers, the prohibition, humanity itself, but cocaine is not going to go away, people like it too much

I think it should be legal because the war on drugs has failed. But that doesn't absolve anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I think it should be legal because the war on drugs has failed. But that doesn't absolve anyone.

You could say prohibition causes the misery in the drugs trade. It's hard to find many products that don't have some suffering associated. Oil for example. Should everyone using petrol feel guilty?

You could say prohibition causes the misery in the drugs trade. It's hard to find many products that don't have some suffering associated. Oil for example. Should everyone using petrol feel guilty?

There's a difference between driving to work and snorting coke for the sheer buzz of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

There's a difference between driving to work and snorting coke for the sheer buzz of it.

There is, but is there a difference between people suffering as a result of oil drilling and people suffering as a result of cocaine production?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

punk_one82 wrote: »
    There is, but is there a difference between people suffering as a result of oil drilling and people suffering as a result of cocaine production?

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Herp_a_Derp

The fundamental question is...

Should people be allowed to kill themselves by their behaviour?

Should society have to pay for medical care for people who engage in risky behavours?

If cocaine was legal and sold with no restrictions it'd be extremely cheap. 5 euros per gram or less.

Thousands of people would die from cocaine use every year if it was legal, and sold at its natural price.

At the moment, thousands of people die from the criminality associated with prohibition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It could also be argued that the law makers are facilitating the criminal gangs by making the drug production illegal. If we changed the law many of the social problems associated with the illegal drug market would more or less go away. All we'd be left with is addiction issues. Criminal gangs are the direct result of prohibition, they never existed in the millennia of drug use before prohibition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

Cocaine or other illegal drugs are not going to go away, We either deal with it in a different approach or we just carry on with all this nonsense that illegal drugs are bad & will kill you while legal drugs/alcohol is grand.

We did have this with alcohol back during prohibition which directly affected how organised crime grew,as in OC mushroomed.
    We now have it with cocaine etc etc

The war on drugs has failed miserably, even though it has the backing of all the major powers, with there armies money intelligence etc ,A new approach is needed.

Interesting read here.

Heroin was the first to fall from pharmaceutical darling to a demonized, black-market street drug. Long used as a cure for aches and pains, it wasn’t until Chinese immigrants came to the United States to work on the railroads and mines that opium-based products such as heroin were perceived as dangerous.

The settlers accused the Chinese of “taking our jobs,” and economic resentment morphed into rumors of Chinese men luring white women into opium dens and getting them addicted. Rumors turned to fear, which turned to hysteria, which politicians seized upon.

Cocaine was criminalized for similar reasons, only this time the backlash was directed against black Americans. After the Civil War, economic resentment simmered over the freed slaves gaining a foothold in the economy...https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiPhMbEkNbSAhVGtRQKHV2wCtwQFggoMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2Fthe-influence%2Fthe-real-reason-heroin-cocaine-drugs-illegal_b_9659888.html&usg=AFQjCNFFdqZwQ3ivb2vzS7ZDB8szN-mlPg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It does make people talk dribble and think they are saying something very important

drivel

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It is very moreish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Pretty redundant question.....mostly because I don't think they'd give a crap about your, mine or anyone's opinion on the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

No you're still a loser if you do drugs. I knew many in my time in UL. They were losers then and losers now. Weak people doing Arts Degrees. I broke out of their word when I got sense. I wanted to be succesful in life not a dreamer or loser.

A real man drinks his beer, smokes his cig and goes to work in the morning to support his wife and children.

That's a man's function in life.

A junkie is nothing, a person who has failed at life.

There's loads of people in their mid 40's who took E's like smarties back in the late 80's to mid 90's, knocked it on the head, grew up and are now married with their own business or trade, kids, houses, etc, etc. There's loads of people who abused Cocaine in the CT years who'll do the same thing, it's only about 5-10% of drug users who end up in skid row, just like gambling or drinking.

One thing about Cocaine though is that I'm sure there'll be a big spike in early deaths related to cardiovascular conditions in years to come, as mixing it with alcohol is very bad news in that area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 FORD_7710

you can learn how to make your own ketamine from youtube

much better drug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Well, I know plenty of people who dabble in drugs are are very successful. Anyhow, How do you define success? If your definition of success for a man is having a wife and children to support then you have a very narrow view of success indeed.

I'm gay, I don't have a wife and children. Does that make me a failure?:confused::rolleyes:

And you do know that alcohol destroys more lives and families than all illegal drugs put together, right?

I occasionally dabble in drugs, but not cocaine. It's a waste of money. And alcohol is the most dangerous drug of all IMO.

I presume you're stating that as a fact and didn't just make it up.

Alcohol destroys lives and families sure enough, but nothing like on the scale that drugs does. Through my work over the last 18 years I've known / known of literally a couple of hundred people, mostly, but not all, under 30 that have died as a result of drug use or associated gang violence. On top of that are others whose lives have been utterly destroyed by drugs and whose actions have dragged their families into a deep hole with them. That's just in this country obviously. Add in the misery, murder and mayhem in South America and further afield and your comparison just doesn't add up.

In the same time period I personally probably know of 15 to 20 people that died from Alcohol abuse. The effect on their families is the same but in most instances of death they're inevitably older.

I have to say that I find it quite interesting that despite your disdain for the drug that is alcohol you don't seem to be too bothered about 'occasionally' supporting criminal gangs and their activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I find people throwing the fag butts in the street more bothersome tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Tis an oul curse so it tis

Advertisement