Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny: age of Triumph - Mod Note Linked in OP 11/04

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

She's used to quick :o

You know theres pills to help with that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I need an atheon challenge and the gorgons challenge if anyone fancys it.

Also willing to go fresh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I need an atheon challenge and the gorgons challenge if anyone fancys it.

Also willing to go fresh

If your on all evening I will do the Gorgons with ya, should be home around 7:30 so ill drop you an ould party invite then and depending on knaves missus you can join us if she wont let him out to play :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    If your on all evening I will do the Gorgons with ya, should be home around 7:30 so ill drop you an ould party invite then and depending on knaves missus you can join us if she wont let him out to play :pac:

;):D:D:cool:;):D:D

256.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Wrecking Ball done as a fireteam of 2 with Brad :pac:

There should be grimoire for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Not a religious man but thank Christ the Rift node is team and not individual slams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Wrecking Ball done as a fireteam of 2 with Brad

Could have done with this carry on Sunday! ;)

Not a religious man but thank Christ the Rift node is team and not individual slams.
    Rift node is not just team based. Its match based so even if enemy team slams it counts towards the node

• Registered Users Posts: 45,016 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

an interesting-ish Parthian shot this week.

Waltz has perfect balance, counter balance and high cal rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

OK I briefly locked the thread to clear out a few posts, apologies for taking so long to open it up again. Just a couple of things to bear in mind:

Firstly, this thread is for discussing the Age of Triumph update. I know the re-jigged raids are a big part of that but please keep raid arrangements/coordination to specific Arrange a Raid thread for whatever platform you're on. I know it sucks hoping to raid and not ending up with a team, or have your space taken before you get on, we've all been there at some point but try not to have a go at people over these kinds of things, it's just a game at the end of the day. If you really want to bring it up then do so in the Arrange a Raid thread but remember to be civil etc. Discussing it there is also less likely to drag other threads off topic.

Second, please keep the petty rivalry stuff that's been creeping in lately out of here. Whether it be insulting other posters, dick measuring over player numbers or trying to not so subtly suggest one group/platform is better than the other etc. There's no need for any of it here and all it does is cultivate a lousy atmosphere in the forum. If this kind of thing keeps up the punishments will become more severe, resulting in infractions and/or bans.

Rift node is not just team based. Its match based so even if enemy team slams it counts towards the node

Hang so by killing the rift runner of the opposite team I was making things harder on myself.

That's pure evil by bungie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Troll level: 9000

Rift is a bit of a marmite one for me. Sometimes I love it, other times it's the most headwrecking mode. All depends on your team I suppose.

Hang so by killing the rift runner of the opposite team I was making things harder on myself.

That's pure evil by bungie.
    Yes. I did it in 6 matches. At the end of the day i still want to win the game. Had 2 games where we steam rolled, and 2 where got spanked. And 2 was just constant shutting down the runner. Last game i needed just one slam, so just let him run by me to slam

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Troll level: 9000

Rift is a bit of a marmite one for me. Sometimes I love it, other times it's the most headwrecking mode. All depends on your team I suppose.

Handy for the scout rifle kills bounty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

No new emblems for the KF's challenges, thought they might upgrade those. The ones for Crota and especially the Vault are class

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

syboit wrote: »
    No new emblems for the KF's challenges, thought they might upgrade those. The ones for Crota and especially the Vault are class

That's a pity, but I guess they need to leave it as is; so everyone has a chance to get the emblems. I am looking forward to getting a void Doom of Andrei Kanchelskis though :pac:

nevelator wrote: »
    I am looking forward to getting a void Doom of Andrei Kanchelskis though :pac:

Always a hand lad to have on the right when doing the warpriest challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

An ole Fresh Kings Fall with the Challenges and some of the guys for anyone interested :P

https://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead

Kinda surprising we managed to get past Gogoroth in one night!

I thought the Ogres were going to be a pain without the ToM in its original form.... but no. They got GOT. Got a load of weapons from none, none that I want i think! Nice source of ornaments though.

• Advertisement

Kinda surprising we managed to get past Gogoroth in one night!

I thought the Ogres were going to be a pain without the ToM in its original form.... but no. They got GOT. Got a load of weapons from none, none that I want i think! Nice source of ornaments though.

yeah, running at 400 light it doesn't seem no harder when we did the hard mode at 320. Can till 2 phase warpriest (I've seen some do it in one), even breezed past the sisters last night, you just forget how long it is compared to all the others.

syboit wrote: »
    yeah, running at 400 light it doesn't seem no harder when we did the hard mode at 320. Can till 2 phase warpriest (I've seen some do it in one), even breezed past the sisters last night, you just forget how long it is compared to all the others.

Its especially annoying when you compare it to VoG and Crota.

In Vog if you fail the oracles , it has been fairly quick. If you fail the templar its been less than 2 minutes. If you fail Atheon, its been 2 minutes.

In Crota the death singer fail is within 2 mins and a quick reset to get going again. Crota himself can be easily done in two runs - failure there takes a little longer and has a longer reset.

In Kingsfall you can fail at the end of the totems and it feels like 10minutes wasted.

Warpriest is easy enough so no complaints there, for me anyway.

Golgoroth can, at times, be a fecking pain in the ass on challenge mode. Can take a while to complete, and can be buggered up easily.

The randomness at Deathsingers - the RNG of the runner - can cause many wipes; especially when heading to the second run.

Then you have Oryx.... you forget about the 4th Knight on the last run (:mad:) and that is SOOOO much time wasted.

The Aksis challenge mode is a little similar - very easy to mess up, need perfection over 9 or so supercharge events. I do like it, its probably my favourite PVE encounter - but it can take so long to get the challenge done because the timing needs to be soooooo spot on.

Looking through the Record Book, I have 7 of 9 (woohoo hot Voyager Reference) challenge emblems. Gues which 2 I need. WotM. Have never completed either challenges. Heck, have never ATTEMPTED Aksis challenge. Understand the mechanics behind it, an empowered slamming into an active plate every phase. Just never got to experience it.

Looking through the Record Book, I have 7 of 9 (woohoo hot Voyager Reference) challenge emblems. Gues which 2 I need. WotM. Have never completed either challenges. Heck, have never ATTEMPTED Aksis challenge. Understand the mechanics behind it, an empowered slamming into an active plate every phase. Just never got to experience it.

The aksis one is tricky but SO MUCH FUN.

Kings Fall is a bit of a time sink. Took about 3 hours start to finish despite us getting most encounters on the 2nd or 3rd attempt (Oryx took maybe ~7 tries tbf).

I mean we took 1 or 2 5 min breaks and did swap the checkpoints for Warpriest onto our other characters but overall we were going at a handy pace and it still took 3 hours.

Like don't get me wrong, 3 hours is fine overall time to spend raiding. But an extra wipe or 2 at certain sections and it becomes a 4-5 hour raid and then fatigue and frustration set in.

I'd be less interested in getting the whole lot done 3 times as the gear is so "meh" but I guess the Ornaments are handy and it's something fun to do in a group

Kings Fall is a bit of a time sink. Took about 3 hours start to finish despite us getting most encounters on the 2nd or 3rd attempt (Oryx took maybe ~7 tries tbf).

I mean we took 1 or 2 5 min breaks and did swap the checkpoints for Warpriest onto our other characters but overall we were going at a handy pace and it still took 3 hours.

Like don't get me wrong, 3 hours is fine overall time to spend raiding. But an extra wipe or 2 at certain sections and it becomes a 4-5 hour raid and then fatigue and frustration set in.

I'd be less interested in getting the whole lot done 3 times as the gear is so "meh" but I guess the Ornaments are handy and it's something fun to do in a group

Don't forget our checking pointing prior to the totems.....

"Hang on - why the f*** are we getting this checkpoint?"

That questioned was asked after 5 players had swapped out 3 times!

Don't forget our checking pointing prior to the totems.....

"Hang on - why the f*** are we getting this checkpoint?"

That questioned was asked after 5 players had swapped out 3 times!

I was really hoping they would have shortened the time needed on totems, or even just get rid of it alltogther. As you said, the rest of the parts can be long enough.

For those who us DiM (and to those that don't, you should, or if you can't , Ishtar Commander on iOS/Android), they now have a section for Record Book Progression. You can hide the ones you've completed. Nice addition to an already brilliant app.

414441.PNG
    414442.PNG
    414443.PNG

DIM is the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

DIM is the best.

Just got it there.

Nice layout and easy to use too.

Advertisement