Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny: age of Triumph - Mod Note Linked in OP 11/04

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,085 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Think I am looking forward to the Oryx raid the least - though I do really like the look of the Oryx raid gear. None of the Kings Fall primaries are guns I like, elemental damage is going to do little to up the desire factor for me.

I do like Kings Fall as a raid, but the weapons don't have the same allure as the other raid weapons. Also, not ToM nerf will be felt a hole lot more now we won;t be massively over leveled.

I am looking forward to elemental Wrath weapons though - big fan of all the Wrath primaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm looking forward to finally finishing a few quests that were about, or related to KF.
    Also, actually finishing it. I've only ran it once and we got as far as Oryx but didn't manage to kill him.

Fairly sure I remember most of what to do but there'll be questions anyway, more of a recap I'd say, just to make sure I remembered correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Yeah, not fussed about KF Gear, especially since it can already be ascended to LL400 if you have it.
    The Boots and Pulse and Machine Gun being the main ones really.
    I can't see myself being hype about getting any gear really.
    Meanwhile, it will be nice to get 3 AoT Ornaments per raid run cause there' 3 challenges.
    9 more Ornaments will have my guys looking tasty with the gear
    What with it being such a long, complex and tight Raid might just get the Warpriest Challenge CP on all 3 chars, doing the Totems at LL390 will be zero craic
    I'd say a Lot of LFG and inexperienced people will struggle with the mechanics of Golg and Oryx themselves when they have to account for not being 2-3 shot by mobs that they could tank before overlevelled (Oryx Plate 1 Snipers/Tomb Ship/Acolytes Eyes combo anyone?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Think I am looking forward to the Oryx raid the least - though I do really like the look of the Oryx raid gear. None of the Kings Fall primaries are guns I like, elemental damage is going to do little to up the desire factor for me.

I do like Kings Fall as a raid, but the weapons don't have the same allure as the other raid weapons. Also, not ToM nerf will be felt a hole lot more now we won;t be massively over leveled.

I am looking forward to elemental Wrath weapons though - big fan of all the Wrath primaries.

Kings fall is my favourite raid, mainly because it was my first proper main raiding experience with everyone and I know it oh so so well so I am really looking forward to it this time around. ToM will be fine with a blessings will ya stop :)

Kings Fall is a fine raid, by my god is a time sink, especially with 3 challenges and at a relevant LL. You'll see very little traction in trying to get a group at 10:30pm etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Kings Fall is a fine raid, by my god is a time sink, especially with 3 challenges and at a relevant LL. You'll see very little traction in trying to get a group at 10:30pm etc

There's not much traction there anyway. :D

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Kings fall is my favourite raid, mainly because it was my first proper main raiding experience with everyone and I know it oh so so well so I am really looking forward to it this time around. ToM will be fine with a blessings will ya stop :)

Thats the nerf - The blessings effect goes immediately once your proc the ToM perk. So no, it won't be fine with a blessings!

It will be of good use, still, vs the sisters and vs Oryx - but the Ogre's are going to need more work.

With Iron Banner on this week too - and part of the AoT book - there is going to be more of a pull away from the Raid which we didn't have the last weeks.

Thing is, Kings Fall was the only relevant raid for like a year so it was done to death too and doesn't have that nostalgic pull like VoG and CE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

With Iron Banner on this week too - and part of the AoT book - there is going to be more of a pull away from the Raid which we didn't have the last weeks.

Would have made more sense to hold IB for another week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thats the nerf - The blessings effect goes immediately once your proc the ToM perk. So no, it won't be fine with a blessings!

It will be of good use, still, vs the sisters and vs Oryx - but the Ogre's are going to need more work.

This a new neft or the same nerf from before RoI dropped? Because i remember it working fine when they nerfed it back then to keep healed etc.

Would have made more sense to hold IB for another week.

Sure then it would be just going up vs Wrath - same thing.

They'd need to have held it off for two weeks so it goes up vs Crota second time around.

Will be interesting to see if there are any KF changes - such as to make the totems section quicker a la the oracles in VoG.

The Totems are the worst

If you have the Jade Rabbit, it is a huge help at the Totems cause of the constant ammo and it can (or at least could) 1 shot Acolytes making the whole experience less hairy as the mobs won't stack up as bad

And when you get to Oryx, please for the love of christ use a good sniper on the Shade. It absolutely wrecks him if you pop a few 1KYS (or similar) shots into his fat head

Harrowed Quiliams Terminus is a must pick for the whole raid

Black Spindle for Warpriest and Golgoroth (Sleeper as your exotic if you dont have BS)

Ideally bring 2 of each class right off the bat, makes life much easier in the long run

Chaos Dogma and Ex Machina are also gonna be good choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Smite of Merain is a fine pulse rifle, especially with firefly on it. An adept version would be greatly accepted.
    There's not much traction there anyway.

LF5M to open a door... :D

PetKing wrote: »
    Smite of Merain is a fine pulse rifle, especially with firefly on it. An adept version would be greatly accepted.

Yep - thats the only one that got much use, imo. Exotic version has firefly, which is nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Sure then it would be just going up vs Wrath - same thing.

They'd need to have held it off for two weeks so it goes up vs Crota second time around.

Will be interesting to see if there are any KF changes - such as to make the totems section quicker a la the oracles in VoG.

Wrath is still relatively new. Less of a decision to choose between the 2 imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Won't the crota weapons be useful in Kings fall now esp. for the totems.

Wrath is still relatively new. Less of a decision to choose between the 2 imho.

The Wrath primaries are great (imo) though so exotic chaos dogma with elemental burn... awesome

Wrath has good weapons AND good armour. Kings fall had neither bar the 3 pieces i mentioned earlier

More like LF5M who have completed Atheon CM on all three chars, have helped out a few, and are willing to go once more into the timey wimey Throne Room (as the good Doctor Who would say)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

More like LF5M who have completed Atheon CM on all three chars, have helped out a few, and are willing to go once more into the timey wimey Throne Room (as the good Doctor Who would say)

Yep that'll be me in a few hours. One Atheon kill... That's all I'd like :(

I hear ya. Have a some knuckles to expend too, and really really want my VoC back.

I hear ya. Have a some knuckles to expend too, and really really want my VoC back.

What time suits yis tonight so lads??

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

What time suits yis tonight so lads??

Count me in too please. Anytime after 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I would also like my name in this pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I can help out if ye need bodies.

nocal wrote: »
    Count me in too please. Anytime after 8.
    dudeeile wrote: »
    I would also like my name in this pot.
    nevelator wrote: »
    I can help out if ye need bodies.

That makes a full team of 6, when the lads confirm their time Ill setup an event :D

That makes a full team of 6, when the lads confirm their time Ill setup an event :D

I'll try and sweet talk herself into allowing an earlyish start. Maybe half 9 / 10. Fingers crossed

I'll try and sweet talk herself into allowing an earlyish start. Maybe half 9 / 10. Fingers crossed

If its only Atheon then tell her we all love her long time and promise to be quick :P

• Advertisement

If its only Atheon then tell her we all love her long time and promise to be quick :P

She's used to quick :o

Advertisement