Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 27 transfer thread - shh, just in case

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Looking at that myself. Think it's only worth it if you're ditching a player who has a blank in GW28, in which case you get 2 games from your City player for 1 for your old def. Otherwise, you're getting 2 games regardless from your defender.

For me, it would be ditching one of Lovren or Daniels, both of who have GW28 games, i'd be taking a -4 to get him in, and -4 to get him out. It would give me one extra game from my defender, so -8 would be tough to cover.

Chambers is one I could sell if I went that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Seaba wrote: »
    I have done just this.

Ibra to Augero and Phillips to Sterling (exact funds) (-4 hit)
    78,000 ranking (from 310k 4 weeks ago) looking to keep the run going.

I actually have a feeling he might be rested this weekend! He has played 90 minutes in every Premier league game (24) except when he collected 5 bookings before the Arsenal game. I think someone said he even looked knackered after the final at the weekend.
    With Rostov away on 9th, Chelsea 13th and Rostov 16th I think Mourinho might think they can over come Bournemouth without him, starting anyway. If he does start and they go a few up (hoping he doesn't get those few) he should be taken off with the trip to Russia in mind.
    Worse case scenario - if he did run amok, I hope Sterling and Aguero over 2 games would cover this and I will be left kicking myself that I did not do Kane/Lukaku to Augero alone and keep Ibra.

All ifs, buts and hiding behind the couch at the weekend but you wouldn't want it any other way!
    He has played every league game bar the one for suspension for a reason
    Not a hope in hell he will be rested this weekend 6 days after the last game and 5 days to the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Alonso, zaha, Kane, Alli out.

Mawson, aguero, sterling, sane in.

I am taking a -12 but with no hits last week
    Or next week it evens out

Plan to get players back as wildcarding in gw 29/30.

Can see the logic in moving kane, Alli
    As was always captaining a city player

One transfer next week will see me with 10 players for GW 28

Assuming Andy Carroll and Philips are involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »
    Not a hope in hell he will be rested this weekend 6 days after the last game and 5 days to the next one

Yeah I think he plays every league game when fit and available. He is too important for the team not to start. Plus he has a nice 2 week rest when the international break comes around again shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Zero chance of Ibra being rested.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sterling and Aguero in for Lukaku and Alli.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

km79 wrote: »

It's just something that came into my head when I had a quick look at the amount of minutes he played across all competitions, his age, Bournemouths poor form and the busy schedule ahead.

Could be arse-ways wrong obviously.

I didn't make the transfers based on this - it is a risk and I need a bit of luck but as I said even if he does go mad, hoping Aguero and Sterling will off set it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Hey Lads... How likely are we to have two separate DGW's down the line?

The reason I ask is because I am not sold on using TC on Aguero this week but I also have the bench boost still to use so if there is only one more DGW I need to use one of them this week really.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

I have done Ali/Costa for Aguero/Sterling anyone else thinking of bringing in Pieters, Middlesborough at home and City away if things all go pear shaped in that match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

eoghan104 wrote: »

The reason I ask is because I am not sold on using TC on Aguero this week but I also have the bench boost still to use so if there is only one more DGW I need to use one of them this week really.

Any thoughts?

Likely to be a DGW in 34 and again in 37.
    the likes of MUFC and Arsenal will both need two slots, for the game called off during the League Cup final and for the game called off due to next weeks FA Cup 1/4Fs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cheers for the feedback lads...I'm leaning towards himself in for Lukaku, and bringing back Big Rom for GE28.

Will hang on to my shambles of a midfield this week...Grosicki in for Phillips might be on the cards for next week too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Kane and Alli for Sterling and Aguero. Exact funds so done it last night. Couldn't sell Lukaku as I'd be wasting a transfer for the following gameweek

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Aguero at 80% to a rise and flying up.
    Sterling at 85%.

Might have to move before tonight's changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

All still not well
    @mancitynewsmcfc: Manchester City FC news: Sergio Aguero insists 'no one has told me they want me to st http://draldevelopment.uk/news.php?site=779217 #MCFC #mancity

Kane's "injury" complicating things even more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Shuffled the pack,Mane to Sterling,Lukaku to Aguero and Alli to Firminho.

Nothing in the bank now but if I waited any longer I'd have been fooked by rises.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

eoghan104 wrote: »

Any thoughts?

There will more than likely be 3 separate dgws after this week. A big one with 8-10 teams in 37 and two smaller ones one in 34 and another gw between 31 and 33 would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Seaba wrote: »
    It's just something that came into my head when I had a quick look at the amount of minutes he played across all competitions, his age, Bournemouths poor form and the busy schedule ahead.

Could be arse-ways wrong obviously.

I didn't make the transfers based on this - it is a risk and I need a bit of luck but as I said even if he does go mad, hoping Aguero and Sterling will off set it.

I agree with you. He was really blowing come the end of that final. Fatigue will set in and I know he will get his rest during international break.

But I've also transferred him out because of this, the fact Aguero has 2 games and that they play the Saturday morning game! These games are usually dead & no one really goes wild (will so I think)

If Ibra doesn't shoot the lights out Saturday morning, there will be a lot of anxious non Aguero owners for a week - that would be too much to handle for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Anyone Know where to I could purchase a good sized basket to fit all these man city shaped egg into?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Have no doubts about Aguero, it's Pep that concerns me.
    But, after thinking about it, it's probably more of a gamble not to bring in Aguero for this week, especially if Kane is a doubt, so.... I'm all in.

Kane and Alli to Aguero(tc) and Sterling

And seriously considering Philips to Sane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Anyone Know where to I could purchase a good sized basket to fit all these man city shaped egg into?

http://www.adverts.ie/moses-baskets/manchester-city-moses-basket/10086258

Only €20 but well worth it. In Dublin too so easy pick up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Only €20 but well worth it. In Dublin too so easy pick up

Can't believe that's a real thing!

If I'm going to put all my eggs in one man city related basket then that's the place for 'em!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So long as the Man City egg doesn't end up on our faces next week...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Aguero going up tonight. If you're not already on, get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I agree with you. He was really blowing come the end of that final. Fatigue will set in and I know he will get his rest during international break.

But I've also transferred him out because of this, the fact Aguero has 2 games and that they play the Saturday morning game! These games are usually dead & no one really goes wild (will so I think)

If Ibra doesn't shoot the lights out Saturday morning, there will be a lot of anxious non Aguero owners for a week - that would be too much to handle for me :)

The last time I remember United playing in an early kick off (they have probably played one since) was when I was in Liverpool for the Hull game in September. Looked in through one of the pub windows and saw Man U 4 Leicester 0 at half time!! Nearly had a heart attack - quickly/sadly jumped on the fantasy football website and breathed a huge sigh of relief when I saw Ibra hadn't scored or assisted.

Day ended even better watching captain Coutinho score one and set up two in the Hull game! Have to enjoy the good days when they do come along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Chesty08 wrote: »

Whatever about the rest of your hypothesis this is a complete myth with no statistical basis. Been examined and disproved several times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

zerks wrote: »
    So long as the Man City egg doesn't end up on our faces next week...:o

An Aguero sized egg is well worth the risk involved.

Following on from Phillips news in injury thread, he's becoming such a pain in the arse.

I'll probably hold him.

Like many I was also planning to get rid from 29 but with chopping and changing for DGW City players I don't know if I have the luxury of getting rid of his probable 1 point in 28.

I'm currently looking at Alli/Costa to Sterling/Aguero for -4.

If Phillips was ruled out of GW28 I could sell him instead and keep Alli but could only afford Sane.

So I'm thinking of doing the former and then possibly swap Sterling to Grosicki/Antonio/Snoddy for 28 to free up the funds to drop Phillips in 29.

I'd then have 2 City DGWers in 27 and 9 for GW28.

Thoughts from anyone who can follow that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Rikand wrote: »
    Aguero going up tonight. If you're not already on, get on!
    For who tho? Was all set to drop Costa but this Kane news has me confused!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

eagle eye wrote: »
    Ok so we need a name for that person that shall not be mentioned.

I propose SAC-D which is a spacecraft from his country of origin.

MTCC.

Martin Tyler Cash Cowwwwwwwwwww.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Following on from Phillips news in injury thread, he's becoming such a pain in the arse.

I'll probably hold him.

Like many I was also planning to get rid from 29 but with chopping and changing for DGW City players I don't know if I have the luxury of getting rid of his probable 1 point in 28.

If Phillips was ruled out of GW28 I could sell him instead and keep Alli but could only afford Sane.

So I'm thinking of doing the former and then possibly swap Sterling to Grosicki/Antonio/Snoddy for 28 to free up the funds to drop Phillips in 29.

Seems logical enough, I'd probably go Sterling to Antonio for gw28 if I were going that route.
    In a similar position, on a -4 after getting in Aguero and Sterling, but I'm still considering getting rid of Philips this week, possibly to Sane or Siggy

Seems logical enough, I'd probably go Sterling to Antonio for gw28 if I were going that route.
    In a similar position, on a -4 after getting in Aguero and Sterling, but I'm still considering getting rid of Philips this week, possibly to Sane or Siggy

I think siggy is essential.
    For this wkend and Def for 28
    In fact Swansea s fixtures are very good in general.
    I will be keeping Mawson and siggy well beyond
    Gw 28

Whether its Grosicki, Snoddy or Anotonio depends on home much cash I need available to upgrade Phillips and who I want to bring in. Which will lagely depend on whether I'm keeping Aguero beyond GW29

But yeah my preference would be Antonio - Snoddy - Grosicki. Snoddy actually impressed me from the highlights of the last WHU game on MOTD, he was in the box a lot and should have had at least a goal. Antonio being sent off may have seen him go more central though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'll probably hold him.

I can't get the 3 City (Kun Sane and Sterling) with 3 transfers (-4 for me) that include losing Phillips so I'm resigned to dealing with him next week and playing Fraser/Chambers/FM.

For me it comes down to whether you can see yourself benching the City mid for the blank and starting him against Liverpool and/or Arsenal (if your gonna drop Kun) but your much better off than me for GW28 (I'll have 6 if I lose Gray and Hazard)

If you get Sane for Phillips, what would be the FT next week?
    It looks a good option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Ive almost settled on my changes,  Instead of a free Lukaku to Aguero, i'm going for a Koscielny/Stanislas/Lukaku to Naughton/Sane/Aguero for -8. My thinking is that Sane and Naughton over 4 games will outscore Koscielny against liverpool by more than 8 points easy. My other players to play are Barnes (suspended) Mirallas, Funes Mori, Cook, and Robertson.  Anything illogical there

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    I think siggy is essential.
    For this wkend and Def for 28
    In fact Swansea s fixtures are very good in general.
    I will be keeping Mawson and siggy well beyond
    Gw 28
    Will definitely be getting Siggy in, it's just a case of it being this week for a hit or waiting for next week. Apart from Spurs in 31, his fixtures are good up to gw34
    Whether its Grosicki, Snoddy or Anotonio depends on home much cash I need available to upgrade Phillips and who I want to bring in. Which will lagely depend on whether I'm keeping Aguero beyond GW29

But yeah my preference would be Antonio - Snoddy - Grosicki. Snoddy actually impressed me from the highlights of the last WHU game on MOTD, he was in the box a lot and should have had at least a goal. Antonio being sent off may have seen him go more central though.

Any idea's yet who you'd be looking at to replace Philips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Deco99 wrote: »
    Ive almost settled on my changes,  Instead of a free Lukaku to Aguero, i'm going for a Koscielny/Stanislas/Lukaku to Naughton/Sane/Aguero for -8. My thinking is that Sane and Naughton over 4 games will outscore Koscielny against liverpool by more than 8 points easy. My other players to play are Barnes (suspended) Mirallas, Funes Mori, Cook, and Robertson.  Anything illogical there

Famous last words. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Deco99 wrote: »

Famous last words. ;)
    Agree, but its realistically Koscielny away to Liverpool, versus Sane at Sunderland and Stoke and Naughton home to Burnley and away to Hull. The upside is over 30 points difference where the downside is -12 maybe at worst

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Will definitely be getting Siggy in, it's just a case of it being this week for a hit or waiting for next week. Apart from Spurs in 31, his fixtures are good up to gw34

I know you didn't ask me but I'm going Robbie Brady. On set pieces and decent returns for his games so far.

Rikand wrote: »
    I know you didn't ask me but I'm going Robbie Brady. On set pieces and decent returns for his games so far.

good shout
    But I hope he doesn't create anything this week as I'm hoping for a mawson cleanie!!

I'll be needing to get Sanchez back by 29 or 30 at latest. Don;t have the 'how' of that worked out properly yet. But effectively Antonio/Snoddy/Grosicki will take the Phillips 4th mid spot and I need to free up cash to get Sanchez somehow.
    ElTel wrote: »
    I can't get the 3 City (Kun Sane and Sterling) with 3 transfers (-4 for me) that include losing Phillips so I'm resigned to dealing with him next week and playing Fraser/Chambers/FM.

For me it comes down to whether you can see yourself benching the City mid for the blank and starting him against Liverpool and/or Arsenal (if your gonna drop Kun) but your much better off than me for GW28 (I'll have 6 if I lose Gray and Hazard)

If you get Sane for Phillips, what would be the FT next week?
    It looks a good option.

If I got Sane for Phillips I'd probably then do Sane to Antonio/Snoddy/Grosicki for 28 and bench Aguero. Then I'd have Aguero and Alli in my team for 29.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sane and Sterling in for Sanchez and Philips

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'll be needing to get Sanchez back by 29 or 30 at latest. Don;t have the 'how' of that worked out properly yet. But effectively Antonio/Snoddy/Grosicki will take the Phillips 4th mid spot and I need to free up cash to get Sanchez somehow.

If I got Sane for Phillips I'd probably then do Sane to Antonio/Snoddy/Grosicki for 28 and bench Aguero. Then I'd have Aguero and Alli in my team for 29.

Or Kun to Carroll!!!
    I really can't decide what is best!! Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,435 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I own Aguero ago. 3 months after I declared I'd likely never own him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Phillips to Sterling. Will captain him. May be destroyed by Aguero or Sterling will score as many as him. Not going to tear apart my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,337 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Current attack:

Eriksen, Siggy, Hazard, Carroll, Stanislas
    Kane, Costa, Lukaku

My first thoughts were:
    Costa -> Aguero
    Hazard -> Sterling

I'm moving towards:
    Costa -> Aguero
    Eriksen -> Sterling
    Stanislas -> Fraser (needed to facilitate first 2 moves and gives me an extra GW28 starter)

I think I prefer the latter as I'm worried about not having Chelsea attacking coverage for GW27. It's MNF and WHam have been conceding. Chelsea also have 2 nice fixures in 29 & 30, so I think I would be using a transfer to get Costa or Hazard back in for them if I went with the first option.

Any advice out there?

(I will bring in a Pool midfielder for Sterling in 28. And Coleman for one of my premiums. It would leave:
    Jaku
    Coleman, Brunt, Holgate
    Siggy, Carroll, POOL, Fraser
    Lukaku
    So 8 realistic starters and possibly an appearance from Holgate).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Jumped on it before they ride but I went
    Alli --> Sterling
    Costa --> Aguero

I also got rid of Philips and brought in Robbie Brady
    My team for this week is

Jackupovic (Heaton)
    Coleman, Azplizecuta, McAuley, Mawson (Aké)
    Sterling, Firmino, Barkley, Erisken (Brady)
    Aguero(C), Lukaku (Barnes)

- I don't know whether to play Brady or Mawson or even bench Azplizecuta?
    - Just normal captaining Aguero instead of TC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

In: Aguero, Sterling and Sane
    Out: Lukaku, Alli and Hazard

Took a -8, it probably doesn't make sense and I'm completely underprepared for GW28 28 but my gut told me to do it. City are a team in form though so I think it's worth the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pretty much decided on Lukaku and Alli to Aguero and Sterling. Will get Rom back next week and hopefully have 9 for the blank then. Now to tc or not tc that is the next question...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,337 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Just spotted Kane MAY be a doubt for the weekend... not ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

PARlance wrote: »
    Just spotted Kane MAY be a doubt for the weekend... not ideal.

Source?

• Advertisement
Advertisement