Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 27 transfer thread - shh, just in case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

I just need something cleared up on the captaincy for the dgw.

If in game one the nominated captain doesn't feature, so the vice captain slots in

Will the vice captain be the captain in game 2?
    Or will the nominated one be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

WTF is happening. I see now double GW on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

pimpmyhat wrote:

If in game one the nominated captain doesn't feature, so the vice captain slots in

Will the vice captain be the captain in game 2? Or will the nominated one be

The captaincy doesn't switch to the vice captain until the end of the week. As someone mentioned above, if your captain plays one minute in the entire week, he is your captain for both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PraxisPete

pimpmyhat wrote: »

Your captain is your captain if he gets on the pitch at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

pimpmyhat wrote: »

Same captain in both games. Your VC will only get double points if your captain doesn't play a part in either game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

km79 wrote:
    So ihenacho scored a few minutes after coming on .........

Aguero was subbed to rest him for the next two games.
    He's finally starting to look happy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PraxisPete

It's a risky tc if you ask me. The chances of aguero getting anything close to 180 minutes are slim. It's probably too risky not to do it as well though so I'm reluctantly in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Oh dear.. if I bring in city players I'm in big trouble for gw28.. 5 starting players, what to do..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think it's incredibly risky. Man City play 5 times between the 5th and 19th. I mean it's more likely the Middlesbrough game would see the most rotation seeing as it's before the Monaco game, but I think they'll all see some form of rotation. Because that's too much to ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Defoe to Aguero will be my FT this week. Might leave it at that as not keen to lose any of my midfielders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

i'm thinking of getting in Sterling and TC'ing him. Someone stop me :pac::pac::D

manual_man wrote: »
    i'm thinking of getting in Sterling and TC'ing him. Someone stop me :pac::pac::D
    Big risk. I would have said those positions would be the most prone to rotation. Nolito and Navas could easily play a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CSF wrote: »
    I think it's incredibly risky. Man City play 5 times between the 5th and 19th. I mean it's more likely the Middlesbrough game would see the most rotation seeing as it's before the Monaco game, but I think they'll all see some form of rotation. Because that's too much to ask.
    Big risk. I would have said those positions would be the most prone to rotation. Nolito and Navas could easily play a game.

A voice of reason amidst the madness...we probably all need this right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Any of the city lads look like rising tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I think the City DGW is a trap game. I'd be worried about who's getting the 2 games and who i'd be removing to get them in. For me it would be Kane out and Aguero in. Pep has been a melt with team selections this season. Iheanacho on the scoresheet tonight could see him back in the fold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Any of the city lads look like rising tonight?

Only sane
    Aguero still in negative numbers
    Sterling mid 40s

So we can all wait ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

A voice of reason amidst the madness...we probably all need this right now!

No we don't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

No we don't!

This might help.... ;)

Pep: "It's the best Sergio Aguero ever. The runs were at the right moment and the right tempo. His performance was top." #MCFC https://t.co/YlvTirKwLb

yeah it's a tricky one. but City are banging in goals for fun. Very hard to resist with this tasty double. I may just get Sterling + Sane in and leave the captaincy on Ibra. Leave the TC for later down the line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

pieters or stones ????

yeah it's a tricky one. but City are banging in goals for fun. Very hard to resist with this tasty double. I may just get Sterling + Sane in and leave the captaincy on Ibra. Leave the TC for later down the line
    After the initial excitement of 'how many can I bring in', I think I'm just going to bring in Aguero and captain him. No TC. The horrible fixture pileup, not to mention the fixture list in the Premier League to come, makes City players unattractive, unless you've a wildcard to use soon to undo all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I think I'm going to bring in Aguero and one of Sterling and Sane. I have Kane and Ibra so one of those will make way for Aguero.

I can't afford to bring in Sterling if I do Kane to Aguero, I need to get rid of Ibra to afford that. But I can get Sane in if I do Kane to Aguero.

So I suppose my question is:

Kane + Sterling
    or
    Ibra + Sane

After the initial excitement of 'how many can I bring in', I think I'm just going to bring in Aguero and captain him. No TC. The horrible fixture pileup, not to mention the fixture list in the Premier League to come, makes City players unattractive, unless you've a wildcard to use soon to undo all this.

the blank after and fixtures after need to be considered for sure, but also City are playing ridiculously attacking and look like scoring against anyone. Sterling right now looks like a keeper but i swear to god EVERY time i've brought in that dude in the past he's flopped. :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Ibra and Mane out for Aguero and Sterling I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Ive done it boys.

aguero, sterling and sane in.

Triple captain aguero

• Advertisement

the blank after and fixtures after need to be considered for sure, but also City are playing ridiculously attacking and look like scoring against anyone. Sterling right now looks like a keeper but i swear to god EVERY time i've brought in that dude in the past he's flopped. :D:D:D
    I think Sterling is a good shout if you've an obvious transfer out for him, like Alli or Eriksen who are without a game in 28 anyway. Too risky for a captain contender IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

mdwexford wrote: »
    Ibra and Mane out for Aguero and Sterling I think.

That's asking for trouble Ibra at home to the worst defence and Mane with a game in 28.
    Doing Costa/Ali/Love for Aguero/Sterling/Pieters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

No citeh players. So Barnes and hazard to Kun and..markovic. -4 exact funds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Kane & Niang to Kun & Crouch, not sure if I'll tc yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Deco99 wrote: »

Id prefer grosicki over markovic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Aguero in...tempted to take another hit on Sterling, but have been burnt too many time by City this season anytime they seem to have turned a corner. I'll just do the boring old normal captaincy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Costa out
    Aguero In

Hazard out
    Sterling In

(-4)

I REALLY don't like the look of my team coming up. Really need Phillips to play the next 2 GW's

Antonio red card killing me. Prodl(Doubt) Phillips(Doubt) and nothing I can do as needed to get City players in. Testing times..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ibra out
    Aguero In

Alli out
    Sterling In

Hazard out
    KDB In

-8 taken.

Brace yourself, this is going to be a rollercoaster of a week!

Id prefer grosicki over markovic

Short 0.. taking a -8 dumps koscielny for a non playing defender and I can get sane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭Cartman78

My front eight is an absolute clusterfupp at the minute...

Siggy Mané Barkley Antonio Phillips

Carroll Lukaku Zlatan

I have 3.3m in the bank so can get yer man in for Lukaku handy enough but not sure what if anything to do after that (???)

City mids are out of reach unless I sell Zlatan....Mané and Zlatan out, Yer Man and KDB in seems a bit drastic but as I'm floundering around 450K and out of contention in all my leagues I might just do it for the craic anyway.

Any feedback/condemnation welcome

Cartman78 wrote: »
    My front eight is an absolute clusterfupp at the minute...

Siggy Mané Barkley Antonio Phillips

Carroll Lukaku Zlatan

I have 3.3m in the bank so can get yer man in for Lukaku handy enough but not sure what if anything to do after that (???)

City mids are out of reach unless I sell Zlatan....Mané and Zlatan out, Yer Man and KDB in seems a bit drastic but as I'm floundering around 450K and out of contention in all my leagues I might just do it for the craic anyway.

Any feedback/condemnation welcome

I wouldn't get rid of Lukaku considering he has a game GW28.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I wouldn't get rid of Lukaku considering he has a game GW28.

Cheers...the plan would be to get him back for GW 28..

Hung on to Zlatan specifically for the Bournemouth game so would be galling to sell him now....although it probably doesn't matter too much at this stage given my situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Cheers...the plan would be to get him back for GW 28..

Hung on to Zlatan specifically for the Bournemouth game so would be galling to sell him now....although it probably doesn't matter too much at this stage given my situation

You arent in that bad a state at all!

I have Phillips and Antonio myself :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

People selling Ibra for a hit before a home game against Bournemouth are just asking for trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I already have Sterling so looking to add to my City quota.

I have a front line of Lukaku, Costa and Kane but am unsure who to offload for Aguero, looking like Costa, sensible or mad?

Also a -4 for a City defender is also nuts, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Aguero and Sterling in for -8 hit after I'd already swapped Dawson for McAuley.

TC for Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Cant decide whether to go -4 for 2 City players when both cant play next week. Only have 7 for next week as it is

Deco99 wrote: »

Could also keep Barnes and Hazard and do lukaku to Voldemort with no hit. Then get in Mane and Lukaku for -4 next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,166 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

dahat wrote: »
    I already have Sterling so looking to add to my City quota.

I have a front line of Lukaku, Costa and Kane but am unsure who to offload for Aguero, looking like Costa, sensible or mad?

Of those strikers, I'd definitely sell Costa if you want to get Aguero. Kane is in great form and Lukaku has a game in 28. I wouldn't bother getting a City defender just for this double, they're not reliable enough at the back under Guardiola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

patmac wrote: »
    That's asking for trouble Ibra at home to the worst defence and Mane with a game in 28.
    Doing Costa/Ali/Love for Aguero/Sterling/Pieters

Two decent games each for Aguero and Sterling has to take preference though.

I'll get Mane back in for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Took a hit to do Hazard to Sterling and Lukaku to Aguero. Mulling over taking another hit to do Alli to Sane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

dahat wrote: »
    Looking at that myself. Think it's only worth it if you're ditching a player who has a blank in GW28, in which case you get 2 games from your City player for 1 for your old def. Otherwise, you're getting 2 games regardless from your defender.

For me, it would be ditching one of Lovren or Daniels, both of who have GW28 games, i'd be taking a -4 to get him in, and -4 to get him out. It would give me one extra game from my defender, so -8 would be tough to cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Of those strikers, I'd definitely sell Costa if you want to get Aguero. Kane is in great form and Lukaku has a game in 28. I wouldn't bother getting a City defender just for this double, they're not reliable enough at the back under Guardiola.

Costa looks the one but just hesitant to have both Kane and Lukaku with Baines all in the same game this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

km79 wrote: »
    People selling Ibra for a hit before a home game against Bournemouth are just asking for trouble

I have done just this.

Ibra to Augero and Sterling to Phillips (exact funds) (-4 hit)
    78,000 ranking (from 310k 4 weeks ago) looking to keep the run going.

I actually have a feeling he might be rested this weekend! He has played 90 minutes in every Premier league game (24) except when he collected 5 bookings before the Arsenal game. I think someone said he even looked knackered after the final at the weekend.
    With Rostov away on 9th, Chelsea 13th and Rostov 16th I think Mourinho might think they can over come Bournemouth without him, starting anyway. If he does start and they go a few up (hoping he doesn't get those few) he should be taken off with the trip to Russia in mind.
    Worse case scenario - if he did run amok, I hope Sterling and Aguero over 2 games would cover this and I will be left kicking myself that I did not do Kane/Lukaku to Augero alone and keep Ibra.

All ifs, buts and hiding behind the couch at the weekend but you wouldn't want it any other way!

Advertisement