Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 11 | Hostiles and Calamities [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I think it's just getting extremely jarring for long time viewers as the show has always been set up in a realistic fashion and this season has really just been hay heirs a dude with a lion who talks like a medieval king a camp of garbage people who talk like they are from never never land and negan's portrayal is one dimensional and was old before first half of the season, where as a show like say Z nation is just crazy **** from the start and they can get away with anything, this is a bit harder to accept as a long time viewer. I can see why it's rating have dropped to its lowest yet ( they are still huge ratings)

Like the did the governor amazingly well compared to how he is in the comic but here it just feels wrong to me, if the season started with like 10 or 20 years later !! i could accept these garbage people talking like they do i still would not believe a whole community following a mental patient who acts the way he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

J Mysterio wrote: »
    zerks wrote: »
    He explained that to Carol in a previous episode and went out of character. I found the group with their own minimalist language and formation marching more annoying, they'd gone full Mad Max very quickly.

That doesnt male it any less retarded.

'Carol, these people need a King, so I will be there King'. With my Lion.

As a previous poster pointed out, they should have taken inspiration from the comics, not dogmatically followed them to the detriment of the show. Consider Game of Thrones - its based massively on the book butnis notnafraid to depart from them where neccesary.

The Producers buy the rights from the comic writers and there was no way the comic writers would allow then to omit a central character like Ezekiel. Do you honestly think the show writers would choose to put him in if they had the choice. In fact they have done a good job toning him down somewhat.

So perhaps the fury/irritation should be directed more so at them. Trust me, as a comic reader although I grew to like Ezekiel I thought it was an awful decision to bring the lion into the comics. Especially as they knew at this stage it was being turned into the TV platform

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Money talks. They bought the rights, they can do what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Thought the episode was decent enough, we had suffered with these sort of episodes earlier on in the season, concentrating on one story arc per episode can be hit or miss. This one was better and I feel the series has started to come out of the trauma it suffered in the 1st Episode. Its been struggling to recover after that.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Money talks. They bought the rights, they can do what they want.

Well the comic book writer (Kirkman) is..........................one of the Chief Writers/Producers on the TV Show also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭forumuser

unreg999 wrote: »
    Actually I think you just spoiled it way worse! I haven't got too far in the comics so may as well call myself a non comic reader!
    When I read the original post I was like 'oh ok...', it barely registered! But from your insistance that it's a big spoiler I can give a guess & it's got me thinking WAY more than the original comment... just saying...

The Talking Bread does this all the time - I've had to hide their posts for this reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Well the comic book writer (Kirkman) is..........................one of the Chief Writers/Producers on the TV Show also

Thqt might explain it then. He's obviously influencing the direction of the show, and ge would want it to follow the comics.

forumuser wrote: »
    unreg999 wrote: »
    Actually I think you just spoiled it way worse! I haven't got too far in the comics so may as well call myself a non comic reader!
    When I read the original post I was like 'oh ok...', it barely registered! But from your insistance that it's a big spoiler I can give a guess & it's got me thinking WAY more than the original comment... just saying...

The Talking Bread does this all the time - I've had to hide their posts for this reason.

What do I do???. And feel free to report me/block me instead of b1tching to other posters about me. If you want to pinpoint the posts that you are on about, go ahead.
    But I assume you have naturally blocked me so you won't see this post...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

In fairness, if it was real life, I'd expect things to turn mad maxish very quick :O

Nah, not to that extent though - of course, people would have to change their way of living and their way of thinking to some extent, but a complete cultural shift (and the mental acceptance of this) would take longer than that - a generation or two, when those who have no memories of how life was before the Event are forging their own way and developing a culture that fits in with their new world. And of course, violence and intimidation would probably be a part of that until society finds an even keel again (if ever), but in terms of the Scavengers...I just think that not enough time has passed for that sort of group to emerge. ffs, I've taken dumps that have lasted longer than this apocalypse*. I'm not going to emerge from the loo wielding a katana, building a Winslow and talking like MasterBlaster though :D

*may not actually be true.

Advertisement