Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland to play Test Cricket in 2018?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Off for bad light, 268-6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Thunder and lightning now, apparently, so looks like close of play for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thunder and lightning now, apparently, so looks like close of play for today.

Stadium evacuated according to Gorilla Cricket! Their live commentry gone as well. That could be it for the day if the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I legged it when tea was called, looking like a decent decision.

Good day out, although I was late getting into the ground as the designated car park was full when I turned up at 11. Ended up in a small housing estate about 10 minutes walk from the ground. Decent food options, hardly any queuing either. That was at lunch too when you'd expect things to be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Officially abandoned now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

What a great day! Excellent start for Ireland, but then the Pakistani 7 and 8 put up a hundred between them and they aren't finished.

The atmosphere was good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Stadium evacuated according to Gorilla Cricket! Their live commentry gone as well. That could be it for the day if the case.

It was just the stands that were cleared. Apparently they are more unsafe in lightning than a beer tent :)
    Need to get one wicket first, nearly better off if they were 8 or 9 down overnight, nothing worse for openers than a 15 or 20 minute session at the end of a long day in the field

In some respects it was better that today ended abruptly. The bowling attack was getting quite tired and a late wicket, while welcome, would have seen a night watchman take to the field. Fresh arms and a new ball should give up wickets before midday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

It was just the stands that were cleared. Apparently they are more unsafe in lightning than a beer tent :)

In some respects it was better that today ended abruptly. The bowling attack was getting quite tired and a late wicket, while welcome, would have seen a night watchman take to the field. Fresh arms and a new ball should give up wickets before midday.

There wouldn’t be much point putting in a night watchman when it’s number 9 or 10 next in.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

We need wickets quickly this morning and get them out for 300.Anything past that is going to be a challenge. Better them batting early this morning and with the new ball due at 90 overs hope we can get it to swing and nip the last 4 wickets. By the afternoon the sun is out and the wicket will flatten and dry more, great for batting then...........Hope we have`nt missed a trick by not playing a spin bowler, we looked at bit tired at 5 yesterday evening. Stirling is only a part timer

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

There is live coverage on Sky Sports Mix (the free channel if you have Sky or Virgin media) from 10.55 to 2.30 today, and then all day tomorrow and Tuesday.

Edit, they seem to have changed the schedule, golf on now. Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Wicket! Murtagh with it 276/7

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

The Sky coverage has swapped over to the IPL. According to their twitter it's on the red button, but doesn't appear to be for me anyway. Did anyone watching on tv yesterday manage to figure it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Need to get these out reasonably soon. Think follow on target is 150, so we could be under pressure to avoid that deficit. Can’t be dropping catches, that’s for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Conchir wrote: »
    The Sky coverage has swapped over to the IPL. According to their twitter it's on the red button, but doesn't appear to be for me anyway. Did anyone watching on tv yesterday manage to figure it out?

Red button isn’t working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Another wicket. Thompson finally removes Faheem Ashraf. 304-8.

Great ball by Murtagh. Amir gone. 306/9.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Red button isn’t working for me

I was in Malahide yesterday so this was my first day watching on the tv. Very unimpressed with their 'coverage'. Why bother buying the rights to the Test if they only show the first 5 overs? At least if the red button was available like they said it would still be watchable, but no.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Buck Turgidson

Conchir wrote: »
    I was in Malahide yesterday so this was my first day watching on the tv. Very unimpressed with their 'coverage'. Why bother buying the rights to the Test if they only show the first 5 overs? At least if the red button was available like they said it would still be watchable, but no.

Was on to Sky, "technical issues" with red button coverage, they don't know if it will be fixed. But is available on sky player, so I just need to get broadband rolled out and all will be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Pakistan declared at 310?

Pakistan surprisingly declare, but it is effectively a 4 day game and the two tail-enders were not exactly middling it.

Good score for Pakistan on a pitch where the ball has done a bit.

Will be tough against Amir and Rahat Ali. Ireland will need to knuckle down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭garra

Guffy wrote: »
    Pakistan declared at 310?

Yeah 309 for 9 declared. Gives em more time to bowl us out twice. Or so they think..!

Ireland's greatest ever batsmen Ed Joyce fittingly scores Ireland's first ever test match run.

VillaMad wrote: »
    Ireland's greatest ever batsmen Ed Joyce fittingly scores Ireland's first ever test match run.

And is gone. Ah well, it’ll be interesting to see if our lads can knuckle down and pick off runs. Surely we should be able to get 160 and avoid follow on? At least.

This is not going well.

This is not going well.

Complete disaster territory 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ed Joyce is Ireland's highest ever test run scorer though...

What's record lowest innings btw?

dulpit wrote: »
    Ed Joyce is Ireland's highest ever test run scorer though...

What's record lowest innings btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Grim. Lots of bounce. Need to come out and score runs, get on the front foot, play some shots.

Well at least that's been avoided now, first hurdle overcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

The two boys will have to put in an innings of a lifetime.

Advertisement