Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Not saying this in a negative way.... He's hugely likeable....And I am a fan.

But I did wonder a few times, and the earnings forced me to ask.... Was he drunk like?

- He seemed a bit rambly, incoherent at times, struggling to collect his thoughts and chat with the crowd.

No hate please - am not attacking him or taking from his huge talent....just wondering what your impressions were.

I thought he was definitely drunk at the start, seemed to sober up as the gig went on, then opened the wine before the end

I don't see why people are upset and shocked about people getting up. If you are on the edge of a 50 seat row, and people have been sitting for a couple of hours and most likely have had a few pints, then they're going to need the jacks.

And if they want to grab a pint on the way back then more power to them, they probably have a babysitter at home and don't get out as much as they used to because they're Pearl Jam fans ergo they are of a certain age!

My missus was telling me that it was the most inoffensive and safest crowd you could imagine and she was right, you could never get agro at a PJ concert.

I'd have loved to have heard Hide Your Love Away (would have only taken a couple of minutes !)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't see why people are upset and shocked about people getting up. If you are on the edge of a 50 seat row, and people have been sitting for a couple of hours and most likely have had a few pints, then they're going to need the jacks.

And if they want to grab a pint on the way back then more power to them, they probably have a babysitter at home and don't get out as much as they used to because they're Pearl Jam fans ergo they are of a certain age!

My missus was telling me that it was the most inoffensive and safest crowd you could imagine and she was right, you could never get agro at a PJ concert.

I'd have loved to have heard Hide Your Love Away (would have only taken a couple of minutes !)

I don't think people are shocked to be honest, but it does tend to ruin a gig when you have people shouting over each other esp. during quiet parts of the gig.

I don't think anyone mentioned anything about safety or aggro, it was a fully seated show after all.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I don't think people are shocked to be honest, but it does tend to ruin a gig when you have people shouting over each other esp. during quiet parts of the gig.

I don't think anyone mentioned anything about safety or aggro, it was a fully seated show after all.

Fair enough with shouting over each other, I would agree that's the height of ignorance when people are listening.

With regards to safety and aggro I was just gone off on a tangent :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Personally I think they should stfu and watch the gig or stay at home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There's a lot here won't get you. Pity, one of the most sensible things said so far. Judging by the tone of some they were in nappies in the 90's.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I was actually at Pearl Jam at the same venue in 1996 but carry on regardless.

There's a lot here won't get you. Pity, one of the most sensible things said so far. Judging by the tone of some they were in nappies in the 90's.
    There's nothing to get ....

You go to an acoustic gig...you sit down and shut your pie hole, unless you're singing along..

At one point I'd swear a thousand people were just walking around as if it was over

There's nothing to get ....

You go to an acoustic gig...you sit down and shut your pie hole, unless you're singing along..

At one point I'd swear a thousand people were just walking around as if it was over

Ah here your going to a concert by one of the biggest grunge rockers of his time.
    It wasn't billed as an acoustic set, people are out for the night there allowed have a beer, chat and a leak. I'm sure Vedder would do the same.
    The singing along was one of the problems, Bally clap happy, make him work a bit and rock the crowd not clap everything as if it was the best song ever.
    Does my head in people saying shishhhh in the pit at concerts, if you want everyone to shut up stay at home with a cd as some people are there to rock.

Ah here your going to a concert by one of the biggest grunge rockers of his time.
    It wasn't billed as an acoustic set, people are out for the night there allowed have a beer, chat and a leak. I'm sure Vedder would do the same.
    The singing along was one of the problems, Bally clap happy, make him work a bit and rock the crowd not clap everything as if it was the best song ever.
    Does my head in people saying shishhhh in the pit at concerts, if you want everyone to shut up stay at home with a cd as some people are there to rock.

You mean if you want to talk and walk around stay at home

• Advertisement

No issue with "a beer, chat and a leak" I do have an issue with talking so loudly people can't hear whats going on on the stage above your idiotic drunken conversation.

It was absolutely billed as an acoustic set.

Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder Books A Solo Acoustic Tour of Europe

No issue with "a beer, chat and a leak" I do have an issue with talking so loudly people can't hear whats going on on the stage above your idiotic drunken conversation.

It was absolutely billed as an acoustic set.

Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder Books A Solo Acoustic Tour of Europe

I only copped it was an acoustic set when I walked into the pit. Really enjoyed it was like a night at the grand ole opry, one of those gigs you'll see in 10 years time on Netflx.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shane.

I was actually at Pearl Jam at the same venue in 1996 but carry on regardless.

Was that the one where Eddie stood on the speakers, wrapped himself in tape and jumped into the crowd!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

shane. wrote: »
    Was that the one where Eddie stood on the speakers, wrapped himself in tape and jumped into the crowd!?

That was 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Was is the story with the frames actually??

Its been years since they were active. Were they ever really mega popular ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

They're always in tow at Glen's Vicar St shows. Last one I was at was last Christmas.

PTH2009 wrote: »

Not really they got some traction on the back of the commitments movie, had some good tunes there were some excellent bands around the same time. You'll see a few on the Feile posters.
    Not sure if Revelate made it to number 1 but was a massive tune back in the day (in Ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Does anyone happen to have the boot of the show? If so I'd be eternally grateful of a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Hugely popular with students back in the day.and they just blew everything away when they played.amazing band to see live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

Does anyone have the shirt from the gig for sale? Missed out on it.

pajodublin wrote: »
    Does anyone have the shirt from the gig for sale? Missed out on it.

There’s an ev Dublin fb group and a much larger general ev euro tour group.

Your best bet is to post in them asking. Loads of people swapping posters and t shirts etc

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Jgordo

Well I made it over to the who gig, just to see Eddie. Had an amazing hour during his short set. A good bit more up tempo. Made it to the very front for the set. He gave me a wave, I'd say he remembered me well after meeting me in Dublin on Wednesday night haha. Ready for pearl jam next year.

Did anyone here get a lighter?id love to see a pic of it opened.

Did anyone here get a lighter?id love to see a pic of it opened.

The gold one the brass one or the regular one?

Fans losing their minds for the limited edition of only 30 lighters.

Bonkers and disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Bonkers and disgusting

Ironic username...

Bonkers and disgusting

Anyone.yea its a bit ott alright but i have to say if i smoked id buy one!

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Ironic username...

It was a statement of fact. But I haven’t heard that before so lol. My belly is sore with the burn

Any bootlegs of the gig ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Any bootlegs of the gig ?

Yep . sent by pm

Advertisement