Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Games Beers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's times like these I wish I was still unemployed and able to head across country any day of the week. Gonna have to give this a miss unfortunately.

Next meet up in Sligo? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Galway maybe?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Galway maybe?

I'd be down with that even have free accommodation (for me, not everyone unfortunately) in Galway.

Good town too. Great nightlife

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

So I just need to find out where the Liquor rooms are. How are we all going to recognise each other? All I know if I will have a black top and black jeans on as I only packed 1 going out top and it's black lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

So I just need to find out where the Liquor rooms are. How are we all going to recognise each other? All I know if I will have a black top and black jeans on as I only packed 1 going out top and it's black lol

It's on Wellington Quay (Southside) between millennium Bridge and I think grattan Bridge... Basically after the millennium bridge as you are heading towards heuston station.

And I think you need to wear a WW mask so we can recognise you... No problems then

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    It's times like these I wish I was still unemployed and able to head across country any day of the week. Gonna have to give this a miss unfortunately.

Next meet up in Sligo? :P

Thought We were going to go somewhere less elaborate and and complicated for the next one, like Germany or Malta?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Uriel. wrote:
    Thought We were going to go somewhere less elaborate and and complicated for the next one, like Germany or Malta?

+1 for Malta....not that I don't love ze Germans

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Not familiar with The Liquor rooms, but there is a gig on there too next thurs - do they have different sections so that we would still be able to talk (and listen)?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm not a definite, but a very hopeful

Pter wrote: »
    Not familiar with The Liquor rooms, but there is a gig on there too next thurs - do they have different sections so that we would still be able to talk (and listen)?

ah jaysus! gigs everywhere!!

• Advertisement

ok I know it's not a great pub but for space and the chances of finding a quiet spot, what about the place that used to be messers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Liquor Rooms Drinks Menu (WW specials)

Cocktails
    7. The Great Pretender
    8. Queen Wolf
    10. Manners You Dogs
    14. Frontier Angel

Beers
    Wicklow Wolf

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Or The Library as Petr suggested?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Or The Library as Petr suggested?

suits me, my bus stops just around the corner

Another very good option (with cocktails) is Bow Lane on Aungier St beside the Whitefriar Grill.

Usually busy but not mega loud as well.

I'm easy with the venue. Since I am clueless I will leave up to you experts!

That Wicklow Wolf is a very tasty beer btw :)

Ah i dont mind either. The place that used to be Messrs is grand as well for meet ups and chats.

Sweetmans... Can be busy straight after work tho. Lanigans isn't bad... But it's on the northside muahhaha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ah feck all ye ****ing dubs with yer mid week drinks. Do the non dublin boardies wanna meet up some Saturday? Lol. Say in Mullingar or Athlone. Right in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Ah feck all ye ****ing dubs with yer mid week drinks. Do the non dublin boardies wanna meet up some Saturday? Lol. Say in Mullingar or Athlone. Right in the middle.

This thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/4535994?guests=14&adults=14&location=Athlone%2C%20Ireland&check_in=2017-08-10&check_out=2017-08-11&s=gS5tsTmv

Proper session!

I'd meet in either of those :)

Ill be along next week, but i prob wont make it there til around 8. The little wolves need tucking in at home.

+1 for Malta....not that I don't love ze Germans

Grumpy would be happy with that since she wont meet you all next week :)

Corks pub, St Julian's, Malta. WWInternational meetup!

Ill be along next week, but i prob wont make it there til around 8. The little wolves need tucking in at home.

what direction are you Pter?

what direction are you Pter?

Living in firhouse.

Living in firhouse.

yay, not a lone southsider!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im not going but I imagine the quieter the pub the better for these meet ups (though a little atmosphere wont go a miss).

The Boars Head might be worth a shout. Doesnt be too packed, isnt too empty either.

So .... where are we meeting?

Also, date is the start of the next game. Doesn't bother me as I can't play anyway, but may affect others attendance.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    So .... where are we meeting?

Also, date is the start of the next game. Doesn't bother me as I can't play anyway, but may affect others attendance.

I saw it was suggested some place that we can at least speak without shouting over the noise/music. I am just clueless about Dublin... Letterkenny I can tell ya where to meet lol

Advertisement