Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do the clergy really believe?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I watched Fr Brian Darcy on last weeks late late show and I must say he impressed me with his outlook and take on the church in genreral. Previously I had looked on him as a bit of a showman but fair dues to him he came accross well.

What was it about him which impressed you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

hinault wrote: »

He just seemed upbeat about his faith and he wasn't bogged down and hung up like some are about married clergy or the churches ridiculous stance on gay people or divorcees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

He just seemed upbeat about his faith and he wasn't bogged down and hung up like some are about married clergy or the churches ridiculous stance on gay people or divorcees.

He appeared to me to be a man who is very conflicted.
    And a conflicted priest is not a person who can be at peace with himself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

hinault wrote: »

Possibly on the other side of Catholic protestant divide, but if you're looking for a sincere, reasonable and upbeat clergyman Bishop Michael Burrows has always struck me as such.

Advertisement