Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legalising RECREATIONAL cannabis

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Is cannabis being legalised for recreational use in Ireland a pipe-dream at the moment or is their a realistic chance of it happening in the next couple of years?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

A pipe dream I would think, we aren't exactly progressive on these issues, we tend to wait and see what the Brits do and do our version of it, usually 5-10 years later...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Fieldog wrote: »
    A pipe dream I would think, we aren't exactly progressive on these issues, we tend to wait and see what the Brits do and do our version of it, usually 5-10 years later...

But the smoking ban and bag tax were ours long before those pesky Brits.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

As Anti-EU as I am, I would like a Europe wide approach. Amsterdam is scrote tourist central from Britain and Ireland. I wouldn't fancy all of the British scrotes getting on a cheap flight to Dublin for drug tourism. Although it woule be tough to have a collective approach with Brexit.

Drug tourism is something we can live without.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

every time i see such posts i wonder is there some legislation coming on, and then read all the theoretical crap.

most eu is still hard on weed, granted places like Ireland and uk have plenty of it on the streets and quality price is ****e, and since its obvious that even if most countries in EU gave it green light Ireland would make that choice maybe another 10-20 years later.

So nothing against weed but think most who say yes,should be adult enough to figure that flights to Amsterdam cost less then ****ty gram in ireland of weed, so why not pick weekends and fly over, to where its completely accepted and legal, since wasting breath to argue online about smth that wont happen in any close future is pointless.

And ive no issues with someone smoking it, but when you see most scum teenagers or someone in their 20s its usually combo of weed and alcohol or whatever crap that it makes them immune to being stoned and more agressive cnuts that are out of their heads more then usual is the main problem why certainly it would take serious laws in place to prevent such spread of it being more easily available, since youll always find someone who will resell to anyone looking for it if it were legal in some alternative universe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

As Anti-EU as I am, I would like a Europe wide approach. Amsterdam is scrote tourist central from Britain and Ireland. I wouldn't fancy all of the British scrotes getting on a cheap flight to Dublin for drug tourism. Although it woule be tough to have a collective approach with Brexit.

Drug tourism is something we can live without.

To be honest, I'd take people getting blitzed on jazz cabbage over the piss up parties that come here as it is. Amsterdam is like Dublin, avoid the Temple Bar bits, and you'll be grand.

What about the rest of Holland? Eindhoven is a nice little place, little scrote tourism, still the same rules on green. Rotterdam is a deadly city, and it has coffeeshops.

Advertisement