Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How were you caught last time you cheated on your partner?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It was 10 years ago, I doubt I'd do something like that now. But these things happen in the heat of the moment, I didn't really give a f*ck, no one died or anything. I find it amazing how everyone on boards is such a goody two shoes who's never done anything questionable, I guess I'll be lonely in hell.

Far from it, pobodys nerfect and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I love the most beautiful girl in the world, she really is. If I showed you a picture you would all fall to your knees.

I happened to find one of you both having a touching moment

1473253959019.jpg

I love her too man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

It was 10 years ago, I doubt I'd do something like that now. But these things happen in the heat of the moment, I didn't really give a f*ck, no one died or anything. I find it amazing how everyone on boards is such a goody two shoes who's never done anything questionable, I guess I'll be lonely in hell.

I don't believe anyone is trying to come across as a goody two shoes. The simple fact is, the majority of people believe cheating is a scummy thing to do. Anyone who has been cheated on and has felt that pain knows how scummy it is.

We all have choices, you made the choice to sleep with someone that was engaged, that was your free choice.

Personally, despite numerous opportunities to be with people that have been in relationships, I have chosen not to as it doesn't sit right with me morally. Needless to say, I've also never cheated on anyone either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

blacklilly wrote: »
    I don't believe anyone is trying to come across as a goody two shoes. The simple fact is, the majority of people believe cheating is a scummy thing to do. Anyone who has been cheated on and has felt that pain knows how scummy it is.

We all have choices, you made the choice to sleep with someone that was engaged, that was your free choice.

Personally, despite numerous opportunities to be with people that have been in relationships, I have chosen not to as it doesn't sit right with me morally. Needless to say, I've also never cheated on anyone either.

If the "majority" as you state believe cheating is scummy then how do approximately 50% of people do it?

Doesn't add up to be honest. Majority of people might "state" that they don't agree with cheating, that's a different matter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

pilly wrote: »
    If the "majority" as you state believe cheating is scummy then how do approximately 50% of people do it?

Doesn't add up to be honest. Majority of people might "state" that they don't agree with cheating, that's a different matter.

What people say and what people do are very different things. Just running through friends in my head I can probably think of more that have cheated than haven't in some form or another on their partner, since I've known them, and that's only the ones who've told me. It's not always black or white.
    I couldn't really care less, but I wouldn't call anyone "scummy" for it, I've no idea what's going on in their lives or their relationships when these things happen. I've seen people on boards say they wouldn't be friends with someone who cheats. Give me a break! Yet ye with no sin, and all...
    In fact, I was cheated on once, or maybe more, but I reckon she did it because it was a sh*tty relationship at that stage. I have no hard feelings over it now, and I wish her all the best, and this isn't even that long ago.

• Advertisement

Where have you obtained your statistic of 50%?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

She asked both of her parents

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Plenty of surveys have been done, can't be bothered looking at the moment (it is AF we're in) but it's consistently at least 50%, the % is actually higher for women in most of them.

From real life experience I'd put it at much higher than that. I mean think about it, who amongst us doesn't know someone who has cheated or been cheated on?

People who say they wouldn't be friends with a cheat must have very few friends.

Plenty of surveys have been done, can't be bothered looking at the moment (it is AF we're in) but it's consistently at least 50%, the % is actually higher for women in most of them.

From real life experience I'd put it at much higher than that. I mean think about it, who amongst us doesn't know someone who has cheated or been cheated on?

People who say they wouldn't be friends with a cheat must have very few friends.

Birds of a feather and all that.

Anyway, no point discussing something where you are not willing to provide back up for the figure you've used.

No one here has said cheating doesn't happen, what most have said is that they haven't/wouldn't cheat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I know lots of guys who would cheat but never got the opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

A lot of Irish people end up with first girl that they sleep with, it's all lust before love. Then there is a child and then there is that life long relationship that ends in marriage or being stuck together. It's why so many cheat as it was never true love. How many Irish couples do you see walking hand in hand, or giggling and laughing together, every couple I know are just going through motions of life.
    That could never be me. You could never cheat when it's true love, a love that is there before any physical touch.
    I love the most beautiful girl in the world, she really is. If I showed you a picture you would all fall to your knees.

Most Irish people are not very romantic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭slovakchick

professore wrote: »
    Most Irish people are not very romantic.

Blame the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭HughWotMVIII

wakka12 wrote: »
    I dont understand cheating. I don't know how could go home to your boyfriend/girlfriend after having ****ed somebody else and then tell them you love them , I think Id vomit in my mouth halfway through the sentence out of the guilt

Same here. I'd probably compound it by faking my own death and moving to a new country so I don't have to look them in the eye.

Advertisement