Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Officially Picking Things Up And Putting Them Down Again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

So, apparently Citygym has a scoreboard for all lifts and Barry held bench with 200kg for a long time. When the European Powerlifting Conference was hosted in Citygym, Bryce Lewis benched 210kg and replaced Barry's name on the board. Then a few weeks ago, Barry benched 215kg in Citygym and wiped Bryce's name off the board himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,744 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

What would Clarence kennedys numbers look like against Barry pigot?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,564 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What would Clarence kennedys numbers look like against Barry pigot?

Bigger on squat and deadlift based on training videoa but he's heavier anyway. Barry has stronger bench. Time will tell until we see what Clarence does in a comp.

Athlone comp has undersold so will be moving to ABS for a one-day event. In some ways, I'm happy because it means less travel and am guaranteed to not be on the Sunday. But my friend, whom I am supposed to be competing against, wants to switch to the Citygym comp in October and doesn't want to do Dublin (he lives in Galway).

Decisions, decisions...

Band playing live at ABS Summer Open this weekend. Woof!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Band playing live at ABS Summer Open this weekend. Woof!

It's some set up. The lights were getting a test run yesterday. I'm genuinely afraid I'll be blinded.

allym wrote: »
    It's some set up. The lights were getting a test run yesterday. I'm genuinely afraid I'll be blinded.

Where are they set up?

They were at the side so wouldn't be directly in your eye line but possibly at the corner of your eye. They might have moved them though!

I don't mind them being in my eye line...just that they take up room for warm up racks :D

I'm down the country for the weekend. Gutted I'm going to miss this. Sounds like it'll be great craic

• Advertisement

I don't mind them being in my eye line...just that they take up room for warm up racks :D

I'm very aware of the lights after the ones at nationals drove me mad!

Nah where they had them won't be taking any space.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

Should be some monster lifts at it ...

whippet wrote: »
    Should be some monster lifts at it ...

Absolutely. Saw my flight and said at least lifting first in each round I'll be able to watch the rest properly :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Well. This Nationals overhaul, wha?

bluewolf wrote: »
    Well. This Nationals overhaul, wha?

It's left me with 0% chance of qualifying for 2018.

So...nothing has changed for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Haha. It's added another 15kg minimum for me. I had hopes of qualifying late 2018 but eh

I'd need to add 100kg to my total to match 7th place in the 83s this year.

But the change in the calendar makes sense.

Ye another 65 for me at least.

Eta: thought it was opens totals only. 100 if I've to beat current nationals totals

I'd need to add 100kg to my total to match 7th place in the 83s this year.

But the change in the calendar makes sense.

Same. I'm looking at another 55/60kg but I was not holding out any hope of qualifying for 2018 anyway.

That's it, I'm taking steroids!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Well 2018s gone. 2019 it is!

Nationals 2050 anyone

I'm holding out for a Masters section of its own in the nationals by 2020

In 8 years, I have a chance of making M1. And I'd only ever make it cos I'm older than Barry, Arthur and Janley (93kg if he stops being fat)

Think Barry is moving u to -105. Apparently had to cut way too much in last days before nationals.

You might make the podium!!!

Watched the Facebook Live with the band doing a sound check....took headphones out of my bag.

Even if it wasn't proper lifting music you probably wouldn't have a hope of being able to hear your own music.

The ABS comp has been absolutely whopper so far. Some loud metal, fire breathing and a great atmosphere. Serious buzz.

Last flight ready to go and the first opener for squat is 205kg. The big boys about to play

The deadlifts kicking off...band rocking, flames and deadlifts.

It was a class day! Most random comp ever but great! :pac:

• Advertisement

allym wrote: »
    It was a class day! Most random comp ever but great! :pac:

The afternoon flight ramped up the random! :)

Advertisement