Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair reserved seating

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭trellheim

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

This post has been deleted.

Cool, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

trellheim wrote: »
    I can not see how turnround times will be achieved with this malarkey , especially once the MAX 200s come on line
    Since the arrival of allocated seating all the foostering and pussyfooting around at boarding has become a pain and the Ryanair 25 minute turnaround is long gone. However, it doesn't seem to have greatly upset the daily "aircraft performance" schedule. From Flightradar24 stats you can "follow" any aircraft and the info shown in the attachment below is typical. Despite all five departures being late there was only 5 minutes in it at the end of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

In relation to the makeup ads on Ryanair, I've noticed this on every second middle seat on the way down the aisle, but no, I don't see females only being seated there, far from it, I see both genders being seated there equally.

What I do see is some people paying to move beside their partner, which coincidentally usually involves the man moving, but that's just a general observations and generally you'll still notice no exceptional amount of women in middle seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

superg wrote:
    There's a catch with the "free" kids seats. You have to buy an adult one, you've no choice. So the two "free" seats cost me an extra 36 euro this year for my family holiday as I had to buy a seat for myself to get the two kids seats and then to make sure my wife was beside us I had to buy her seat as well, 18 quid each way. Last year I just checked in online the week before we left and we all got seats together, that were actually "free".

Unfortunately it can't be guaranteed with the free seat allocation that a family would be together. This was leading to various problems where they could be separated and seat swaps had to be requested on the plane to facilitate the family's causing uneccessary delay.

It's also possible to engineer separate seats by just checking in one person in a group. If you go back and check in the others they will be in different seats automatically.

Booking all families ensures this problem doesn't occur. I found it great this year.

Lantus wrote: »
    Unfortunately it can't be guaranteed with the free seat allocation that a family would be together. This was leading to various problems where they could be separated and seat swaps had to be requested on the plane to facilitate the family's causing uneccessary delay.

It's also possible to engineer separate seats by just checking in one person in a group. If you go back and check in the others they will be in different seats automatically.

Booking all families ensures this problem doesn't occur. I found it great this year.

"It can't be guaranteed" Meaning families most likely will not be seated together?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭trellheim

Booking all families ensures this problem doesn't occur.
    I'm sorry but what does this mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

trellheim wrote:
    I'm sorry but what does this mean ?

Families with children must pay for reserved seats to ensure they are all seated together.

Lantus wrote: »
    Families with children must pay for reserved seats to ensure they are all seated together.

No, that's not strictly true, one would have to assume it has never affected you.

Families with a child under 12 must pay for 1 adult seat and get a free child seat. Everyone else in the travelling party can still be scattered across the plane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭plodder

JCX BXC wrote: »
    No, that's not strictly true, one would have to assume it has never affected you.

Families with a child under 12 must pay for 1 adult seat and get a free child seat. Everyone else in the travelling party can still be scattered across the plane.
    I think if you pay for one adult seat, you can seat up to three children (or maybe four) with you.

plodder wrote: »
    I think if you pay for one adult seat, you can seat up to three children (or maybe four) with you.

You must seat those children with you afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Lets not forget that should you (shock horror) get separated from your fiend/wife/husband/partner/child etc, its only a few hours on a plane and you can see each other for as long as you like when you land. Its only a short time apart, people can be incredibly dependant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Lets not forget that should you (shock horror) get separated from your fiend/wife/husband/partner/child etc, its only a few hours on a plane and you can see each other for as long as you like when you land. Its only a short time apart, people can be incredibly dependant.

Spellcheck will help these typos that can misconstrue what the poster really meant to say. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Comhra wrote: »
    Spellcheck will help these typos that can misconstrue what the poster really meant to say. :)

I see the grammar nazis are alive and well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

jjbrien wrote: »
    I see the grammar nazis are alive and well

I was just joking of course. Wanderer2010's typo make me smile and I couldn't resist a little poke. Hopefully no offence taken.

Advertisement