Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£10 off a £50 Order on Amazon. Today (20th) Only

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Free shipping mysteriously came back right back after that "spend 50 get 10 off" promo ended.
    Strange that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Free shipping mysteriously came back right back after that "spend 50 get 10 off" promo ended.
    Strange that.

Yup- identical thing here- free shipping back on the 1ltr Monin sugar free vanilla.......

I feel giped. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Strange that.

I got the usual free shipping on orders over £50.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

alastair wrote: »
    I got the usual free shipping on orders over £50.

Me too ! Thanks op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yep, no issue here with free shipping either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Free shipping back today. Tried the same item yesterday and no free delivery option. Disappointing that Amazon would try something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

To be honest, from looking elsewhere, the issue with free shipping yesterday seemed like a genuine mistake from Amazon and they refunded anyone who contacted them saying they couldn't get free shipping.

I'm a developer for another online retailer and this sort of sh*t happens.. it's not intentional or underhanded.. it's a genuine error!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Free shipping back today. Tried the same item yesterday and no free delivery option. Disappointing that Amazon would try something like this.
    Basq wrote: »
    To be honest, from looking elsewhere, the issue with free shipping yesterday seemed like a genuine mistake from Amazon and they refunded anyone who contacted them saying they couldn't get free shipping.

I'm a developer for another online retailer and this sort of sh*t happens.. it's not intentional or underhanded.. it's a genuine error!

Doubt it's a genuine error.

I've never had any trouble getting free shipping until yesterday then viola it doesn't appear for a load of people.
    And like magic it;s back again today. I checked around 2am and it was back so 2 hours after the promo ended it's back? Come on that's too much of a coincidence.

It seems to be that Amazon decided to randomly select say 50% of customers to not get free shipping.

That way they don't stand to lose too much in this promo. They probably only run at a 4% profit margin so giving people £10 off out of £50 ie %20 is going to cost them an absolute fortune.

As for waiving the fee? Of course they take that line when people decide to ring them or live chat them ie: call them out in it.
    But how many people missed out on the free shipping cause they didn't know hwo to contact Amazon live?

Advertisement