Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£10 off a £50 Order on Amazon. Today (20th) Only

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Anyone having problems getting free shipping?

The option simply doesn't appear for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I have over £50 worth in my basket and all items are "dispatched and sold by Amazon" but still I get "Promotion code cannot be applied" when I enter BIGTHANKS - what's the catch? My basket contains books and clothes, neither of which I see excluded from the offer. Is there somewhere I can see if the item qualifies for the offer or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    I have over £50 worth in my basket and all items are "dispatched and sold by Amazon" but still I get "Promotion code cannot be applied" when I enter BIGTHANKS - what's the catch? My basket contains books and clothes, neither of which I see excluded from the offer. Is there somewhere I can see if the item qualifies for the offer or not?
    How to Claim:

Add any Qualifying Items with a combined value of £50 or more (the “Minimum Purchase”) to your Shopping Basket via the “Add to Basket” button. You cannot use the 1-Click ordering method when redeeming a promotional code.
    When you’re done shopping, click the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
    At checkout, enter the promotional code (BIGTHANKS) in the “Gift Cards and Promotional Codes” box. The Offer will then be applied to your order, reducing the cost of your total order value by £10.
    Spend £50 or more in a single transaction (on a single item or on multiple items) dispatched from and sold by Amazon at the website www.amazon.co.uk (“Qualifying Items”) and £10 will be deducted from your total order value when you enter promotional code BIGTHANKS at checkout (the “Offer”). This Offer applies only to products dispatched from and sold by Amazon, excluding baby formula, digital products (Audible, Digital Documents, Digital Video Download, Digital Music Service, Digital EBook Purchase, Digital Software, Digital Video Games, Mobile Apps), alcoholic drinks, gift cards (Gift Card, Gift Certificates, etc.) and delivery and handling charges. It cannot be redeemed on products sold by Amazon US or Amazon.co.uk Marketplace platform (including items Fulfilled by Amazon), at any of Amazon.co.uk’s Trusted Partner sites or at any other Amazon site, for example Amazon.com, Amazon.de, Amazon.es, Amazon.fr or Amazon.it. Each customer may claim a maximum of one Offer. This Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional codes or on any pre-existing orders. This Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Friday, 20 January, 2017.

Ensure that you have £50 or more worth of items sold and dispatched by Amazon in your basket. Items which are sold and dispatched directly by Amazon.co.uk can be identified by the message "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon" on the product detail page. Please note that items described as “Dispatched from and sold by Amazon US” are not sold and dispatched by Amazon.co.uk and are therefore not eligible for this Offer.

The Qualified Promotions Terms & Conditions and Promotional Code and Promotional Credit Terms & Conditions apply. Learn more about redeeming promotional codes here.

Please ensure that the "Qualifying Items" are dispatched from and sold by Amazon before attempting to use the promotional code.

Yeah I followed all of that! As I said, all my items are "dispatched from and sold by Amazon" and the total adds up to over £50 but still I can't apply the promotion code. None of the items are listed in the excluded list (as I said, books and clothes in my basket) so I'm not sure what I'm missing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Anyone having problems getting free shipping?

The option simply doesn't appear for me.

I would double check to make sure all items qualify for free delivery, check for:

Dispatched from and sold by Amazon

FREE UK Delivery

or Fulfilled by Amazon.

• Advertisement

My bad! One of the books was just "fulfilled by Amazon", not "dispatched from and sold by Amazon". Not always easy to spot these little mistakes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Seve OB wrote: »
    that can be done. to an extent anyway, depends how much I end up buying :D

should I use multiple addresses?

if I run out of cards, do you think I would get away with using one a second time but register it with a new email and different address?

Jesus, what do you intend buying ?

Yes, why wouldn't it :)

Different card, different address & different email is effectively another person.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

dodzy wrote: »
    Jesus, what do you intend buying ?

Yes, why wouldn't it :)

Different card, different address & different email is effectively another person.

stuff for the house. good quality kitchen knives mainly which I have parked in the basket for a while now.

unfortunately I didn't read all the terms and these are being sold by affiliated partners so don't qualify :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Anyone else see if the "Free Delivery" to Ireland has magically disappeared today.. the cynic is thinking its to coincide with the BIGTHANKS offer..

No matter what I do I cannot get free delivery to Ireland available for selection. Have placed a few orders on Amazon over last week and no problems but today not available.

Yeah It's been happening me on my work account for the last few days. No free shipping option. There was a problem last week where if you selected it thy page would just refresh.

If you go on the live chat they will refund the shipping for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

robertowjr wrote: »
    I would double check to make sure all items qualify for free delivery, check for:

Dispatched from and sold by Amazon

FREE UK Delivery

or Fulfilled by Amazon.

Yes definitely.

sdssd.pngpictures upload

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

QikBax wrote: »
    Yeah It's been happening me on my work account for the last few days. No free shipping option. There was a problem last week where if you selected it thy page would just refresh.

If you go on the live chat they will refund the shipping for you.

Have you tried clearing cookies for Amazon? I've got just 23 from them :P

RkA7mLw.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Free delivery worked for me no problem.

Bought a "like new" stereo on Warehouse for a substantial discount, ten quid off and free shipping.

Cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

No free delivery for me too. I had to contact customer service and they refunded shipping charges. Tried there again and same problem. I hope they fix it soon as it's a pain having to contact amazon for every order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

It seems to only be a problem on some accounts.

I have a work account with prime where there's no free shipping option and a separate account where there is.

Just some bug that will hopefully be sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Gift.... Just went to order the new Nvidia Shield and during the order process it offered me £5 off if I top up my account by £100. So I did.

Between the £10 off today, £5 extra for top-up, £50 in my account from refunds the Shield cost me £130.

Free shipping worked for me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Yeah- free shipping seems to be gone for the day.
    I bought a few bottles of Monin sugar free vanilla coffee syrup- which are always free delivery on Prime- but nope, 14 quid today (albeit for a 3 day shipping- the free shipping is normally a week). So- it looks like one of their methods of recouping the free tenner- is to charge for shipping- when they don't normally do so.........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I just got free shipping with a xbox game and 2 cook books. Seems very random what they give free postage on.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Frustratingly can't find anything worth picking up..

.. most days I can find a ton of things on Amazon I need. Not today though! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Went for the 2017 Shield controller. Expensive at £60. A bit more palatable at £51.

I'm hoping Google Assistant is worth it

Thanks OP I ordered things I didn't even want to get a tenner off :) and it was dispatched with i-parcel as the Carrier anyone know who they are and have experience on how quick they deliver I've always had An Post deliver for me over the last 8/9 years of ordering off Amazon.

Dispatched this evening from Scotland and arrival date 3rd of February seems crazy considering the estimated arrival date when they were preparing to dispatch was 26/27th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Thanks OP I ordered things I didn't even want to get a tenner off :) and it was dispatched with i-parcel as the Carrier anyone know who they are and have experience on how quick they deliver I've always had An Post deliver for me over the last 8/9 years of ordering off Amazon.

Dispatched this evening from Scotland and arrival date 3rd of February seems crazy considering the estimated arrival date when they were preparing to dispatch was 26/27th.

Fastway, they were abysmal for me personally before Christmas but had stuff delivered before ok (they aren't great at countryside addresses in my experience, so if you're in a town you'll probably be fine)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Thanks OP

Fastway, they were abysmal for me personally before Christmas but had stuff delivered before ok (they aren't great at countryside addresses in my experience, so if you're in a town you'll probably be fine)

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Thanks Op,I just got my order in , £45 with the discount

They didn't have my most wanted items available on this

Worst thing ever for a hangover is Amazon uk.The place is a trainwreck to shop at.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Corvus Libros

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Yes definitely.

sdssd.pngpictures upload

I tried the same items and free delivery comes up for me. (Game is cheaper now too.)

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Yeah fastway suck. Terrible experiences with them with not delivering items

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭torrevieja

WONT LET ME HAVE THE £10 off with tHE BIGTHANKS code

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

torrevieja wrote: »
    WONT LET ME HAVE THE £10 off with tHE BIGTHANKS code

Has to be sold directly by Amazon and not just fulfilled by Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

Cheers OP. Just got paid and squeezed in before the lock :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Got myself a nice pressure washer in Warehouse deals A Vax P86-P4-T Pressure Washer for €90 how bad. Now i got to clean the patio left for two years since my Karcher gave up the ghost.

Advertisement