Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas recruitment 2017

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Wk19k78

Tigge1976 wrote: »
    It's not lost yet I have been told by my contact there is more to come.

Lets hope we're the lucky ones,keep us posted with any info you may have tigge
    As a matter of interest,
    What was the conditions of employment like in melbourne,ie salary and shifts etc also any hints or pointers on tram driving you'd like to share.
    Pm if you like;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MickSo

Hi all I have been watching this trend from the start. I am a qualified trams driver with over 6 years experience in Melbourne Australia don't feel to bad I haven't received any correspondence either.
    HI. Same here. I've been watching since the start and as Tigge I'm a tram driver with 9 years driving experience and also assistant tram driver instructor. I applied last May and got a response last August stating that my CV will be kept on file and reviewed later on when vacancies arise.

MickSo wrote: »
    HI. Same here. I've been watching since the start and as Tigge I'm a tram driver with 9 years driving experience and also assistant tram driver instructor. I applied last May and got a response last August stating that my CV will be kept on file and reviewed later on when vacancies arise.

Did you apply to the latest recruitment drive mick?
    You probably over qualified :)

Yes I did apply. I have already heard the words over-qualified before. I read somewhere last December in the press that for the cross city route, transdev needs about 20 drivers to cover for the new rosters etc. All is not lost hopefully. I'm just going to keep sending in CV's till I get refused or accepted. Either way i've got nothing to lose. As for the recruitment of bus drivers by an external agency for Transdev (indeed.ie), seems to be too good to be true (almost the same wages).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tigge1976

Good news lads there are still calling people for interviews

• Advertisement

Good news lads there are still calling people for interviews

Thanks for the heads up tigge1976
    You called??

Best news so far today. Hate playing the waiting game.

Looks like that Executive Edge (indeed.ie) have ended their external recruitment drive, cant find it anywhere. So fingers crossed

MickSo wrote: »
    Looks like that Executive Edge (indeed.ie) have ended their external recruitment drive, cant find it anywhere. So fingers crossed

The waiting game is cruel,will they or wont they call,i really hope something happens even to get to interview and see what the terms and conditions are,it would be nice to see somebody on here getting called aswell so at least we have some kind of knowledge whats actually happening up there.

Mickso did you get an interview today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

They took one 9-10 around two weeks ago and around 6-7 were female...

Did you tigge?

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    They took one 9-10 around two weeks ago and around 6-7 were female...

They posted that on twitter aswell.

Hey all, yes I got a phone call yesterday afternoon to go for an interview today. There is nothing much to tell you except they will still be calling people for interview over the next few weeks.

Hey all, yes I got a phone call yesterday afternoon to go for an interview today. There is nothing much to tell you except they will still be calling people for interview over the next few weeks.

How do you feel it went
    Any idea of numbers being recruited or types of shifts mentioned?

Still waiting....waiting;;; waiting. Happy for you though. Best wishes with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Squiglee

Anymore news lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

My driver friend told me they had their last list of people they were interviewing last week. My name wasn't on the list so I ain't getting a job :(

I expect when this lot are taken on, they'll send out letters to the rest of us :(

So they already had their interviews last week did they? Ahhh feck it anyways that's my hopes gone!!! Thanks for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Not sure if the interviews have taken place, but the list of names was put together last Wednesday.

• Advertisement

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Not sure if the interviews have taken place, but the list of names was put together last Wednesday.

Ask him if he seen a noel wrote down there somewhere 😠I'll have to think of a plan B. Looks like I'll be stuck in this dead end brutal paying job for another while!!!!

Advertisement