Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas recruitment 2017

Options
  • 16-01-2017 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Has anyone heard anything back yet? The job opening was posted on 12/01/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Luas Cross-city won't be complete until late 2017 and I'd imagine they're drowning in CV's since it's widely publicised as one of the higher paid driving jobs. So I'd say it'll be the otherside of Paddys Day before shortlisting, aptitude testing and interviews kick off.

Training takes approx 7-8 weeks, driving & criminal record has to be squeeky clean - my cousin got to interview stage felt the job was in the bag until they found out he had 2 points on his license.

Something to consider following the pay dispute:
    A starting salary for new recruits that is 10pc lower than their colleagues for the first three years will stay in place.

However, a review of their pay will be undertaken within 18 months to take account of developments on entrants' pay in the public sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Grandad99

They probably cannot age discriminate, but could find many other ways to reject such applications, realistically, would they take on a 58 year old ?

I withdrew my Dublin Bus application last year as the job offered would have been late shifts over weekends, not knowing until day before what duty you were on etc, getting ‘’Marked In’’ with decent shifts and weekends off would only come many years down the road which would be fine if I was younger but with only 7 years to retirement, it was not for me.

Anyone know what is is like for a new Luas recruit, roster wise etc ? I’m guessing it would be something similar to DB, if that’s the case I’m better off staying where I am.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Squiglee

macroman wrote: »
    Luas Cross-city won't be complete until late 2017 and I'd imagine they're drowning in CV's since it's widely publicised as one of the higher paid driving jobs. So I'd say it'll be the otherside of Paddys Day before shortlisting, aptitude testing and interviews kick off.

Training takes approx 7-8 weeks, driving & criminal record has to be squeeky clean - my cousin got to interview stage felt the job was in the bag until they found out he had 2 points on his license.

Thanks for the reply hope I hear something soon

macroman wrote: »

Thanks for the reply hope I hear something soon

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Well as of the 18/01/17 the job listing has been taken down

• Advertisement

dunner515 wrote: »
    Well as of the 18/01/17 the job listing has been taken down

I seen that ye. I wonder have they called any or many yet

I'd be very curious to know if they have to shift through all those CV's they got when the strike was on? Apparently they received hundreds

I'd be very curious to know if they have to shift through all those CV's they got when the strike was on? Apparently they received hundreds

Maybe, and I'd say there contacting a lot of women first . I rang them the other day and they said they want a group to start nearly right away and a later group at a later stage

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

Quick question guys did any of you get confirmation of your application

Mrnew wrote: »
    Quick question guys did any of you get confirmation of your application

I didn't, and anyone else I know that applied didn't get a confirmation either so fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I don't get any email verification either good to know it seems to have happened to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Wk19k78

Squiglee wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything back yet? The job opening was posted on 12/01/16

Any further updates on interviews or application acknowledgement op?

Wk19k78 wrote: »
    Any further updates on interviews or application acknowledgement op?

Hi I heard nothing, but I know of afew women who got calls for interviews last week

Hi I heard nothing, but I know of afew women who got calls for interviews last week

Hopefully its not the end of it
    Are transdev giving any information out if they're called would you know.

Hopefully its not the end of it
    Are transdev giving any information out if they're called would you know.

No because of the amount of applications I doubt they will let any1 know. I have a feeling they only took women on, on this occasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

No because of the amount of applications I doubt they will let any1 know. I have a feeling they only took women on, on this occasion

Is that not a bit sexist to just hire women? Imagine it was the other way around, just hiring men. I understand they want an equal balance, but shouldn't it be down to whoever is the better candidate, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity.

Lads and ladies
    I just received an email for the 28th of this month,I'm expecting a phone call
    Have you got the same op?
    To be honest my application was late but i remembered the email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 brennanp265

Yup.....got this today from them.

Thank you for your application for Luas Tram Driver position. Due to the huge response if you are selected for interview you will be notified by phone on or before the 28th of February 2017

Yup.....got this today from them.

Thank you for your application for Luas Tram Driver position. Due to the huge response if you are selected for interview you will be notified by phone on or before the 28th of February 2017
    Whats your idea of it
    Is it just an acknowledgement and im wet behind the ears or we up?
    I'm over 10 years in my current position

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Whats your idea of it
    Is it just an acknowledgement and im wet behind the ears or we up?
    I'm over 10 years in my current position

I'd say it's a good sign I'd say, I haven't heard anything at all.

• Advertisement

Well anyone hear anything from them?

TallGlass wrote: »
    Well anyone hear anything from them?

No nothing as of yet
    Still have up till the 28th i suppose even after that you just wouldnt know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Vickyo

Still nothing.....hate waiting

Vickyo wrote: »
    Still nothing.....hate waiting

Lol
    My phone went yesterday while at work only to be the national lottery about my online account.
    Head wrecking.

Have heard nothing at all, not even a confirmation email that they received my application

Have heard nothing at all, not even a confirmation email that they received my application

Wouldnt worry about it
    Still nothing even after a confirmation email.
    Might give them a bell to see if any information is being given out.

Still nothing here, all a bit weird if you ask me. You almost always get someone on Boards that gets a place in these competitions, yet no-one here seems to have got anything!

True
    No news is good news i think
    We'll see tomorrow as the email did say before or on the 28th of February
    Fingers crossed for you all.

True
    No news is good news i think
    We'll see tomorrow as the email did say before or on the 28th of February
    Fingers crossed for you all.

True but with the high numbers I would have expected an apptitute test to get the numbers down, pretty poorly run recruitment drive and the pure sexism at the start is unbelievable. If they had of come out with 'we are looking for male drivers', there would have been uproar. Why it's acceptable to say 'we are looking for more women drivers', the best candidate should get the job not based on sex.

Is there such thing as a recuritment drive for DART drivers? Or is that a family run operation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

TallGlass wrote: »
    Is there such thing as a recuritment drive for DART drivers? Or is that a family run operation.
    IE usually recruit for drivers internally - notice up in DB depots recruiting Dart and Loco drivers a few months ago.

Advertisement