Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

macroman wrote: »
    IE usually recruit for drivers internally - notice up in DB depots recruiting Dart and Loco drivers a few months ago.

As in Dublin Bus? That is really bad form that a job like that isn't offered out to the public. I'd be very interested in a job like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Wk19k78

So i contacted transdev this morning
    The receptionist told me the postions where filled weeks ago and couldnt offer any further information
    She put me through to HR and all i got was an answering service.
    Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

TallGlass wrote: »
    As in Dublin Bus? That is really bad form that a job like that isn't offered out to the public. I'd be very interested in a job like it.

I looked into it a while ago and apparently it's a very hard job to get into with some saying if it's a career you really want best of moving to the uk.

It's very much closed off to the public and a lot more about who you know even if you are already an Irish rail or Dublin bus employee.

Wk19k78 wrote: »
    So i contacted transdev this morning
    The receptionist told me the postions where filled weeks ago and couldnt offer any further information
    She put me through to HR and all i got was an answering service.
    Ah well.

Well that's the end of that one so!

I looked into it a while ago and apparently it's a very hard job to get into with some saying if it's a career you really want best of moving to the uk.

It's very much closed off to the public and a lot more about who you know even if you are already an Irish rail or Dublin bus employee.

That's ridiculous in this day and age, that sounds like something right out of the 1930's, where the son takes the fathers job. Imagine another state run operation like the Gardaí been run like that, there would be uproar over it.

Why them type of closed door competitions are allowed be run in state organisations is beyond me, your firstly majorly restricting your talent pool by doing so.

DFB was going to be a closed competition by DCC on the orders of the CEO at DCC, thankfully enough complaints where received from the public regards it that it didn't happen. They took 50 from DCC and 150 from the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Well that's the end of that one so!

Not necessarily I know they took on drivers just before Christmas they didn't advertise it they just selected people to interview from the cv's they received from the previous recruitment drive. So you never know.

Not necessarily I know they took on drivers just before Christmas they didn't advertise it they just selected people to interview from the cv's they received from the previous recruitment drive. So you never know.

I'd go with that
    The fact the receptionist didnt know much more says it all.
    I'd be fairly opimistic
    I have a application form aswell so i might just fire that off to them when the cross city project is nearly tied up.

Update!!!

Got through to a lovely lady in HR
    She told me they are still inviting people to interview and although the deadline was yesterday she can see it being pushed on till the end of next week.
    Alls not lost it seems.

Anybody any updates or hear any whispers?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Squiglee

Not a word! Has to be the end 😔

• Advertisement

Thats the pits!!
    How and ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Have heard nothing myself, not even an acknowledgement of my application. I'm hoping that they're taking people on in batches and they just haven't got around to looking through the batch of cvs that contains mine yet.

The extension to the Luas won't be open till the end of the year. I've no idea how many people they're taking on, but I'm guessing they won't need them all till closer to the opening of the new line.

All the above is said more in hope than anything.

Pitty. I am looking to join AGS but this is the closest to thing to DART, I think I could get my hands on lol. Was worth a try I suppose, maybe they've gone with a plan b. As it usual not one person on this site has got even an indication of something happening!

That's what it is lads I know of girls that got calls for interviews I haven't heard of 1 man that got a call. It really looks like they only recruited women this time and they couldn't state this in their recruitment because it's illegal . Within the first week of the recruitment campaign my cousin got a call she's female, then 3weeks later her friend got a call. So I thinks that's it for this one lads but there will have to be another recruitment soon enough I reckon

Squiglee wrote: »
    That's what it is lads I know of girls that got calls for interviews I haven't heard of 1 man that got a call. It really looks like they only recruited women this time and they couldn't state this in their recruitment because it's illegal . Within the first week of the recruitment campaign my cousin got a call she's female, then 3weeks later her friend got a call. So I thinks that's it for this one lads but there will have to be another recruitment soon enough I reckon

Look up indeed.ie
    In job search type in bus drivers
    Executive edge recruitment are recruiting on behalf of of transdev
    One of the other lads on a different thread found out when he contacted them.
    Take a look and at the salary.

I'll have a look cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

... -> was tweeted on the Luas account yesterday.

dazberry wrote: »
    ... -> was tweeted on the Luas account yesterday.

Congrats to those selected few.
    Im sure I'd look alot more professional than some of those,
    The mind boggles to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Ah ****e :(

So all that for eight drivers? What looks like a minority group of which 70% is women, if that's not discrimination I don't know what is, if that was the other way around and 70% men after looking for 'male' drivers there be uproar.

I shouldn't have bothered me arse applying. Next time it comes up I am gonna but in a fake CV. One that ticks all the Policitcally Correct boxes for them. Usually I wouldn't be so sour, but I am sorry. What make them better than you or I? No appititude, job simulation questions or any type of tests on rules of the road, medical or physical tests, nothing. Seemingly these lads are plucked out of thin air.

And how did they get them trained up so quickly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

So all that for eight drivers? What looks like a minority group of which 70% is women, if that's not discrimination I don't know what is, if that was the other way around and 70% men after looking for 'male' drivers there be uproar.

I shouldn't have bothered me arse applying. Next time it comes up I am gonna but in a fake CV. One that ticks all the Policitcally Correct boxes for them. Usually I wouldn't be so sour, but I am sorry. What make them better than you or I? No appititude, job simulation questions or any type of tests on rules of the road, medical or physical tests, nothing. Seemingly these lads are plucked out of thin air.

And how did they get them trained up so quickly?

How do you know they were not amazing candidates. There's a reason you were not chosen, so instead of begrudging the successful applicants, improve your skill set, cv or whatever it is that you think let you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Maybe some of them were already Transdev workers in other positions?

How do you know they were not amazing candidates. There's a reason you were not chosen, so instead of begrudging the successful applicants, improve your skill set, cv or whatever it is that you think let you down.

And how do you know they where? What sees them better than me with a public competition.

Yeah there's a reason I didn't get picked alright.

Improve my skill set? I had everything they required and experience.

Who's begrudging anyone? I'm certainly not. I'm fuming at Transdevs selective cherry picking of applications.

So what the first 10 CVS in get the job? Your fine with that then. How's that fair on others.

Thats quite easy to say,if you followed this thread from the start as the other threads a lot of applicants seemed to be left in the lurch or feel they are being strung along,again I'm not turning this into a debate or a mud slinging contest as it was purely for information purposes,my own responsibilitys in my current position are a lot stronger than most out there,i need to have insurance in place up to the value of 50 million with regards to the work i do,so i see where some of the other posters are coming from.

joeysoap wrote: »
    Maybe some of them were already Transdev workers in other positions?

And that actually sounds like the hammer hitting the nail,that did occur to me and is quite possibly the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tigge1976

Hi all I have been watching this trend from the start. I am a qualified trams driver with over 6 years experience in Melbourne Australia don't feel to bad I haven't received any correspondence either.

Tigge1976 wrote: »
    Hi all I have been watching this trend from the start. I am a qualified trams driver with over 6 years experience in Melbourne Australia don't feel to bad I haven't received any correspondence either.

Keep us posted tigge
    Absolute bizarre recruitment campaign.

Thanks Wk19k78 for all your updates over the last couple of weeks. They were very helpful when I was freaking out.

Tigge1976 wrote: »
    Thanks Wk19k78 for all your updates over the last couple of weeks. They were very helpful when I was freaking out.

No problem i was in the exact same boat,the only thing that has me grounded and not flipping completely is that the cross city development wont be completed till sept/oct/nov so I'm still optimistic plus your on here now,a prime candidate for transdev and you still haven't recieved preference so maybe alls not lost for us yet;)

• Advertisement

It's not lost yet I have been told by my contact there is more to come.

Advertisement