Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Masters

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

3-1 at the break. Not a surprising result IMO so far. Apart from the last few games against Fu, Ronnie has played pretty terrible all week especially in the most important part of his game, the break building. Perry looks good, much better than last night and it's important to remember he knocked Bingham and Ding out 6-1. Big fan of watching Ronnie play but would love to see Perry win, there's something great about seeing a journeyman type finally getting a big result.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

From Willie seems to be fine practicing for the Seniors tournament nice tweet to Joe for today

https://twitter.com/thewilliethorne/status/823123423308161024

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

Ronnie's cue action seems to be all over the place in this tournament. His head, shoulders and cue arm are moving a lot as he's playing his shots.
    This can't be helping his game, I dont remember his cue action being like this before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Cant see Perry holding his nerve if it's tight

• Advertisement

Cant see Perry holding his nerve if it's tight

True but Ronnie is giving him loads of chances.

Shocking miss by Perry on the black after Ronnie let him in again. Ronnie will be delighted with 4-4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

What's your shot of the tournament ?

Perry's escape from behind the brown on the baulk cushion was one of the best escapes I've ever seen.
    Loved Robertsons follow through to get on the black too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

tanko wrote: »
    Ronnie's cue action seems to be all over the place in this tournament. His head, shoulders and cue arm are moving a lot as he's playing his shots.
    This can't be helping his game, I dont remember his cue action being like this before.

You could be right, he gets a bit fidgety from time to time and think that could be introducing a few miinor glitches to his technique. One thing i've noticed over past while is he's struggling with one or two particular shots, especially if he has to cue down on a shot half-ball or more, he has a tendency to cut across the cue ball and miss a pot. It's been the same with John Higgins so this may be merely a consequence of age.

Some great shots there alrite. Ronnie's pot into the middle and screw back onto the cushion was some shot too.
    I think I'd give my vote to Mark Allen for his black against Higgins. It was a brilliant pot under serious pressure.

It a weird way I feel like the comeback yesterday has been undersold. Can anyone think of a bigger comeback?

It a weird way I feel like the comeback yesterday has been undersold. Can anyone think of a bigger comeback?

It was a decent comeback, but I could easily think of about 10 off the top of my head more dramatic than it. Once Hawkins blew Frame 8, wasn't all that much of a shock that he collapsed from that point.

It was a decent comeback, but I could easily think of about 10 off the top of my head more dramatic than it. Once Hawkins blew Frame 8, wasn't all that much of a shock that he collapsed from that point.

Ya like Dennis Taylor 1985 for one

Stephen Hendry at the worlds V white
    There's been loads more ,a good few at the UKs

Ya like Dennis Taylor 1985 for one

Stephen Hendry at the worlds V white
    There's been loads more ,a good few at the UKs

Higgins v Davis Uk final 1983
    Doherty v Hunter at the worlds, early 2000s...won 7 in a row i think it was to win 16-15. Like you say there have been loads, a sport that lends itself to such drama.

Edit: not to forget probably the most (in)famous of them all, when Mike Hallet led hendry 9-1 in a ranking final (or something like that) and contrived to lose 9-10. To compound his misery, Mike returned home that night to learn his house had been burgled!

That should be the end of that. Don't think Perry has recovered from that missed black.

Perry not even trying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Perry is a bottler and doesn't have the big time experience. He was 4-1 up, should have been 5-1, but it's all gone pearshaped since then. O'Sullivan will win another undeserved title unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Perry not even trying

A little harsh I think. Of course hes trying. His confidence is shot at the moment. Needs a frame to settle him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

sligeach wrote: »
    Perry is a bottler and doesn't have the big time experience. He was 4-1 up, should have been 5-1, but it's all gone pearshaped since then. O'Sullivan will win another undeserved title unfortunately.

Yeah, what will it be again? Seven undeserved UK Masters titles?

Yeah, what will it be again? Seven undeserved UK Masters titles?

Yes. 7 undeserved UK Masters titles. Also, should have been out in round 1.

A little harsh I think. Of course hes trying. His confidence is shot at the moment. Needs a frame to settle him

Joking but he's useless at this stage

Sullivan got luck Selby is gone

Joking but he's useless at this stage

Sullivan got luck Selby is gone

He's lucky the standard of snooker is generally $h1t€. Though I do agree with that statement.

O'Sullivan has had to do nothing. Perry's completely capitulated. He was showing how O'Sullivan is hugely overrated at the start but then the pressure got to him, actually looking at him, he was bricking it even when he was 4-1 up and should have won the next frame. O'Sullivan hasn't even made a century, like I said, he doesn't have to. It's a farce! Remember last year as well? That was worse.

The English media are a bunch of muppets. Hendry in his pomp would destroy O'Sullivan in his best form and did.

sligeach wrote: »

The English media are a bunch of muppets. Hendry in his pomp would destroy O'Sullivan in his best form and did.

Not sure that's true

Did Hendry in his pomp coincide with sullivan in his best form?

The comeback is on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

The comeback is on

All but over now sadly

Advertisement