Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Newhomebuyer

JDD wrote: »
    Were you talking to DC? Take what he says (and all EAs) with a pinch of salt. It's their job to talk up demand. Now that's not to say that there isn't demand for the estate, just that sometimes the EA can make things look impossible.

If you looking for a four bed, you'd be fine, I'd expect. The four beds never all sold on the day of launch in the last three launches so you could be fairly assured that you'd get one if you wanted one.

3-beds are the more difficult to secure, that's true. In previous launches, it meant you had to queue from midnight a couple of days before the launch and Savills would come out and give you a ticket at 8am. The ticket gave you "first dibs" as it were on the day of the launch. Though at our launch there were only 12 3-beds going on sale, so if you had a ticket lower than 13 you wouldn't be guaranteed a 3-bed house, and certainly wouldn't get your pick and choice of end-of-terrace or south facing garden. It just depended whether anyone who had tickets 1-12 were actually buying a four bed, or whether they changed their mind once they saw the showhouse and didn't go ahead to put their deposit down that day.

I'm not sure what the story is with queueing now in light of the current circumstances.

It's scarier. You need to email them within fraction of seconds to secure viewing. The last time I emailed them within one minute n they said they already have 40 emails. I said that's impossible. But dunno any other way.
    Not sure how do they allocate viewing timings. Process is not that transparent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

It's scarier. You need to email them within fraction of seconds to secure viewing. The last time I emailed them within one minute n they said they already have 40 emails. I said that's impossible. But dunno any other way.
    Not sure how do they allocate viewing timings. Process is not that transparent

So it's down to how quick your server is? That's ridiculous! They'd be better to go back to the physical queuing, which could be socially distant quite easily. God you'd have to have people on shifts between 6am and 9pm on the lookout for the email coming through. For how long as well? Three days? Four? A week? I'd say some people had friends and family on the email contact list and had them on the lookout too - probably half those 40 emails were the same group emailing for one couple. That's what I would do anyway.

Surely the first email in is the first in the queue to review plans, choose a house and put down their deposit? That's how it worked during our launch - The showhouses opened at 11am, and the sales office opened at 11.45. Ticket No.1 had 45 minutes to review the showhouses before their appointment at the office to review the site plans and put a deposit down on their chosen house.

bobbyy gee wrote: »

There was only one launch this year, as far as I'm aware. It was for the first block of houses in Phase 2. Those won't have shown up on the property register yet - they only show up after the house is completed and the sale is finished. Even then it takes a couple of months to come up on the register.

The entries that are there for this year are the apartments, which I think went on sale last year, but some might not have sold straight away (not unusual for apartments) or some might not have been ready to move into until this year.

So it's down to how quick your server is? That's ridiculous! They'd be better to go back to the physical queuing, which could be socially distant quite easily. God you'd have to have people on shifts between 6am and 9pm on the lookout for the email coming through. For how long as well? Three days? Four? A week? I'd say some people had friends and family on the email contact list and had them on the lookout too - probably half those 40 emails were the same group emailing for one couple. That's what I would do anyway.

Surely the first email in is the first in the queue to review plans, choose a house and put down their deposit? That's how it worked during our launch - The showhouses opened at 11am, and the sales office opened at 11.45. Ticket No.1 had 45 minutes to review the showhouses before their appointment at the office to review the site plans and put a deposit down on their chosen house.

I think the physical quequing system is much better. From a read of prior threads some one who had emailed within a minute got the slot for viewing at 4 in the noon. All the homes were taken by then. Dunno how the time slots were provided. From his response did not seem like first come first serve. Anybody who purchased a house in last phase??? Could you share your experience ?

• Advertisement

There was only one launch this year, as far as I'm aware. It was for the first block of houses in Phase 2. Those won't have shown up on the property register yet - they only show up after the house is completed and the sale is finished. Even then it takes a couple of months to come up on the register.

The entries that are there for this year are the apartments, which I think went on sale last year, but some might not have sold straight away (not unusual for apartments) or some might not have been ready to move into until this year.

Are you currently living in the Clayfarm ? How are things? Some reviews state that the after move in services are poor from the management company.

Pink11 wrote: »
    After chatting to the EA this week, feel like completely eliminating this development from our shortlist due to the demand. Luck of the draw it seems.

Absolutely! He doesn't give much hope.

Are you currently living in the Clayfarm ? How are things? Some reviews state that the after move in services are poor from the management company.

Yes, we've been living here for two years now. I'm not sure what the reviews about the management company are about as they must be to do with the apartments. There is no management company for the houses - Park Developments carry out the general maintenance of the estate, which will be transferred to the local council once the whole of Clay Farm is complete. So no management fee to be paid or anything.

I've no complaints about how Park have been performing the upkeep on the estate, though I wish they'd finish digging up the roads around the place!

It's genuinely a nice place to live. The houses are super insulated, so our energy bill is about 30% of what it used to be. They are also very quiet - once the windows are closed you can hear nothing from outside, or next door for that matter. There's been a few niggly issues on some other houses - faulty boilers in the four bed houses, some leaky shower trays in the 3 beds, but Park have usually been pretty quick to fix any issues.

If I were to pick cons of moving in here - well, there's no village really. The surrounding area is functional and has lots of amenities (supermarket, coffee shops, Luas, schools) but the shops area is not very aesthetically pleasing and not helped by the Ballyogan estate across the road.

While it's not the worst estate in the world, there are a lot of teenagers that hang out at the shops which makes it feel a little intimidating. I've never had any hassle from them, but I have heard of the odd incident. And the estate itself still looks a bit sterile. As the trees mature over the years it'll look better, but the roads are narrow and there's not much extra room for greenery. And it does feel a little claustrophobic at times - you're overlooked no matter what position you are in the house. Blinds or net curtains are a must.

That being said, it is nice having everything you need close by. There's a few neighbourhood groups - football, book clubs, new mums groups that are up and running for a while now. There's lots of young kids and babies on the estate, so if you are at that stage of life your kids will have a lot of friends they can call on. There's a really nice playground and basketball court. The Ecopark is now open but to be honest it's a little underwhelming - basically a 300m pathway alongside a wild boggy field. It'll be much better when the Greenway to Stepaside is open, which should open in two weeks. That'll mean Stepaside village is only a 20 minute walk/10 min bike ride away, which will be really handy.

Well that was a longer post than I intended. TL;DR - Yeah I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Yes, we've been living here for two years now. I'm not sure what the reviews about the management company are about as they must be to do with the apartments. There is no management company for the houses - Park Developments carry out the general maintenance of the estate, which will be transferred to the local council once the whole of Clay Farm is complete. So no management fee to be paid or anything.

I've no complaints about how Park have been performing the upkeep on the estate, though I wish they'd finish digging up the roads around the place!

It's genuinely a nice place to live. The houses are super insulated, so our energy bill is about 30% of what it used to be. They are also very quiet - once the windows are closed you can hear nothing from outside, or next door for that matter. There's been a few niggly issues on some other houses - faulty boilers in the four bed houses, some leaky shower trays in the 3 beds, but Park have usually been pretty quick to fix any issues.

If I were to pick cons of moving in here - well, there's no village really. The surrounding area is functional and has lots of amenities (supermarket, coffee shops, Luas, schools) but the shops area is not very aesthetically pleasing and not helped by the Ballyogan estate across the road.

While it's not the worst estate in the world, there are a lot of teenagers that hang out at the shops which makes it feel a little intimidating. I've never had any hassle from them, but I have heard of the odd incident. And the estate itself still looks a bit sterile. As the trees mature over the years it'll look better, but the roads are narrow and there's not much extra room for greenery. And it does feel a little claustrophobic at times - you're overlooked no matter what position you are in the house. Blinds or net curtains are a must.

That being said, it is nice having everything you need close by. There's a few neighbourhood groups - football, book clubs, new mums groups that are up and running for a while now. There's lots of young kids and babies on the estate, so if you are at that stage of life your kids will have a lot of friends they can call on. There's a really nice playground and basketball court. The Ecopark is now open but to be honest it's a little underwhelming - basically a 300m pathway alongside a wild boggy field. It'll be much better when the Greenway to Stepaside is open, which should open in two weeks. That'll mean Stepaside village is only a 20 minute walk/10 min bike ride away, which will be really handy.

Has it been confirmed that the Greenway to Stepaside will be open in 2 weeks? That will be great.

Has it been confirmed that the Greenway to Stepaside will be open in 2 weeks? That will be great.

According to Lettie McCarthy's (DLRR councillor) facebook page anyway.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil for the response. Could you even shed some light on the bills. They are claiming eco friendly energy saving blah blah blah just wanted to know the usual range of electricity bills.
    Also did you have the option of having induction or gas in the kitchen.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Anybody booked a house in Phase 2 that launched a few months back???
    Could you please tell what was the move in / completion date provided????

Thanks

Thanks a mil for the response. Could you even shed some light on the bills. They are claiming eco friendly energy saving blah blah blah just wanted to know the usual range of electricity bills.
    Also did you have the option of having induction or gas in the kitchen.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi - I meant to reply to this. Our electricity/gas bill is 40% of what it used to be. And that was heating a house smaller than the one we live in now.

We only had a choice of gas. I know they're putting in induction hobs in the new houses, and I don't think they're allowed to put gas hobs in anymore? I'm not sure where I read that but I think that's why it's only induction now. I have to say I've never had an induction stovetop, but I love the gas. Way better than the electric rings we had in our old house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kaede

I've just received an email from Savills,
    new houses viewings are between the 16th – 17th October.
    Looks like you can only book your slot online this time.

Kaede wrote: »
    I've just received an email from Savills,
    new houses viewings are between the 16th – 17th October.
    Looks like you can only book your slot online this time.

Not very clear about the process though? How will people select slots? Are they first come first serve?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kaede

Not very clear about the process though? How will people select slots? Are they first come first serve?

yeah, it's not specified.
    I would assume is first come first serve, but it's just speculation.

The EA received 60 emails in 2 minutes. How on earth can we compete this speed???????? I am shocked. Don't anticipate any homes to be left even if I land a viewing. Unless I am first.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

The EA received 60 emails in 2 minutes. How on earth can we compete this speed???????? I am shocked. Don't anticipate any homes to be left even if I land a viewing. Unless I am first.

The EA is arrogant. Due to the housing situation in Ireland, he thinks he is the god.

Don't be disheartened. Some of those will go to a viewing and decide against the house. Some will get a viewing slot but will be unable to get the letter of mortgage approval in time to put the booking deposit down on the day. Some of those emails I'm sure are brothers, sisters, parents and best mates of prospective buyers who have all been enlisted to keep an eye on the email coming in and give the person the best chance of securing a viewing slot (I know, because that's what I would do in the same situation).

You may end up with only 15-20 prospective buyers on the day.

Keep the EA onside. You may be really frustrated with him (and to be honest, probably not him, just the whole housing situation), but it seems like he has some discretion on who gets a viewing slot. If you miss out on one this time around, and keep him onside, you may end up with a viewing slot at the next release. It's not right that one person has the power to decide whether you get a house or not, but that is the way it is. Some of those who secured a viewing slot this time around may have missed out in the last two rounds - who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Vraj009

Did anyone receive slot yet ?

• Advertisement

Vraj009 wrote: »
    Did anyone receive slot yet ?

Nope. Not sure if I will receive one. Emailed within 3 minutes. Guess it's tooo slow.

A friend of mine got a slot on 16th later in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

A friend of mine got a slot on 16th later in the day.

Is all this demand only for the 3-beds?

Smouse156 wrote: »
    Is all this demand only for the 3-beds?

Mostly I guess. As 4 beds are not help to buy approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tdillers

Got a viewing spot first thing Friday morning, has anyone seen the viewing of the map for this launch. Seems to be surrounded by apartments and east village what ever that is going to be. Don’t think I’d like to be over looking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JamieJ

Yes East Village, West Village etc are all HUGE apartment blocks. So aswell as those apartments overlooking you, it would also be like living on a construction site for years.

Clay Farm is a great development though, its just a pity there are so many apartments in Phase 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 decorfali9

Tdillers wrote: »
    Got a viewing spot first thing Friday morning, has anyone seen the viewing of the map for this launch. Seems to be surrounded by apartments and east village what ever that is going to be. Don’t think I’d like to be over looking them.

Where did you find out exactly where they are selling for this phase? When I got to their website is just a map showing almost all empty plots.

The map of this launch was included in the launch email which Savills sent last week. Its basically the houses around the furthest right sections of Clay Farm Grove and Clay Farm Drive.

Be careful of the maps for garden aspects too.... the map isn't centered fully north. Phase 1 houses along Larkfield Way are south west facing gardens for reference

• Registered Users Posts: 35 decorfali9

JamieJ wrote: »
    The map of this launch was included in the launch email which Savills sent last week. Its basically the houses around the furthest right sections of Clay Farm Grove and Clay Farm Drive.

Be careful of the maps for garden aspects too.... the map isn't centered fully north. Phase 1 houses along Larkfield Way are south west facing gardens for reference

Thanks a lot. So many emails leading from the release... the only one I hadn't looked at was the one that actually had the map. Thanks for the tip on the gardens too... Quite a different orientation specially in ClayFarm Drive.

Another thing I don't get is what that "West Village" is. I guess I haven't following up this development long enough. I'm familiar with the apartments they are building, which I understand are the ones labeled "Future Apartments & Duplexes" in the sitemap. What are those West/East Village? However bought in phase 1 they are basically across Ballyoagan road, whereas buying phase 2 puts you right behind a bunch of appartments and that East Village.

And last question. Phase 1 was right next to Ballyogan road. I know what Phase 2 is. So that means everything at the back that is grayed out in the sitemap (closer to Stepaside village) is to be built and release in future phases? If that's the case there quite a bit still to build.

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement

AFAIK the East and West village are apartment blocks which will also have units on the ground floor for some sort of shops. Thats what I heard anyway.

And yes, there is still alot to be built. There is a new walkway from Clay Farm to Stepaside and it leads along the perimeter of Phase 2 and you can see the amount of building which is still left to do. Years worth Id say at a guess.

Advertisement