Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Pivot Eoin wrote: »
    I wanted "The Elder" there was only 2 available in this phase. They're both gone, 1 pre-agreed before build, and another from someone ahead of me in the queue who is already transferring deposit without viewing.

I will take a look at "The Fern" 3 beds, but Im not too interested.. its a good KM off Ballyogan road away from the Luas and Shopping Center, maybe not ideal.

I've been living down the road 5 years. You're much better off being away from the road which is fairly busy, and the little scrotes who hang around the spar by the shopping centre too. You'll be closer to stepaside village when access to that direction is opened up which is great for a pint or something to eat.

I'm a couple of minutes from the Gallops Luas stop and would be looking to move closer to Stepaside village soon if possible, preferably into Stepaside Park but it's still not clear exactly when/how that will be linked up with clay farm. At the moment it's a mammoth walk round to the Luas even though as the crow flies it's under 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Newhomebuyer

I wanted "The Elder" there was only 2 available in this phase. They're both gone, 1 pre-agreed before build, and another from someone ahead of me in the queue who is already transferring deposit without viewing.

I will take a look at "The Fern" 3 beds, but Im not too interested.. its a good KM off Ballyogan road away from the Luas and Shopping Center, maybe not ideal.

The fern homes are quite small. The entrance to the garden is through a small door. It's really a high price for the house they are giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 teapots

Will be interesting to see which houses are left by this evening.

teapots wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see which houses are left by this evening.

I really doubt any will be left the rate at which the viewings are lapped up. You did say you have a viewing for 2nd day correct???? Ru looking for 4 beds?

yes, a four bed would be the preference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

I was there today, was offered the last one. All but 1 were sold by 4pm.

They are finished lovely in fairness, and a fair price when you compare properties in the general area.

I declined, with a new phase coming very soon.

Was only a mid terrace left by the time we arrived, we wanted one of the Elders, or an end of terrace.

Main breaker for me was 4beds across the street blocking sun, and the fact they are literally half way up the mountain a good KM from the Luas.

Also the place is going to be a complete building site for next few years.

That being said, theyve done a really good job, and made a lot of improvements since the first phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

The fern homes are quite small. The entrance to the garden is through a small door. It's really a high price for the house they are giving.

I disagree theyre quite small. Theyre 112 sq metre and make excellent use of the space. If you look for €480k anywhere close by youll struggle to get a house where the bones of it are 112 sq. metres.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kaede

Hey guys,
    did anyone buy an apartment in whitebeam hall?
    Are the apartments nice there? they are asking 415k for a 2 bedroom

I was there today, was offered the last one. All but 1 were sold by 4pm.

They are finished lovely in fairness, and a fair price when you compare properties in the general area.

I declined, with a new phase coming very soon.

Was only a mid terrace left by the time we arrived, we wanted one of the Elders, or an end of terrace.

Main breaker for me was 4beds across the street blocking sun, and the fact they are literally half way up the mountain a good KM from the Luas.

Also the place is going to be a complete building site for next few years.

That being said, theyve done a really good job, and made a lot of improvements since the first phase.

All but one house in the entire phase?

I really doubt any will be left the rate at which the viewings are lapped up. You did say you have a viewing for 2nd day correct???? Ru looking for 4 beds?

All the 3 beds are gone. 🙄😒

• Advertisement

I disagree theyre quite small. Theyre 112 sq metre and make excellent use of the space. If you look for €480k anywhere close by youll struggle to get a house where the bones of it are 112 sq. metres.

Ok can comment once actually see them.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I was looking at the current site plan on the clay farm site, this development is huge! Way bigger than I thought.

It's hard to see where the existing houses are on the site plan though, for example the ones you can see from Ballyogan road, as the road names on the plan don't match google maps. Anyone know?

teapots wrote: »
    yes, a four bed would be the preference.

Good luck with the house! Any clue if all 4 beds are gone as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Good luck with the house! Any clue if all 4 beds are gone as well.

A couple of the four beds have been listed for sale on MyHome today. The Rowan and the Hawthorn.

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/the-rowan-clay-farm-leopardstown-dublin-18/4442149

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

3 bed the fern also up on MyHome.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Mixed feedback here with some saying all units were taken on first day of viewing and others posting links to additional units online. Would have been very surprised if all were taken already, especially those outside of HTB. There are a number of different 4 bed types remaining in Dun Sí, Portmarnock which aren't disappearing anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Vraj009

I agree with some of the comments above. I also had similar experience. When i saw the first email, i called Savills immediately and they confirmed that at this moment, they only need response by 5 pm Thursday and people will not be filtered based on how soon they respond. Eligible buyers will receive another set of email and at that time, people will be filtered on how soon they respond. Once i responded (after two hours since of receiving first mail since it went to Promotion folder on my gmail), i did not receive any confirmation of next steps. So, i called next week and they told me it was indeed based how fast you respond to first mail.

It was opaque and definitely not transparent process. Again i see some people telling here that one Elder has been pre-sold however i was informed that one Elder is going to be show house and only one is on sale.

Vraj009 wrote: »
    I agree with some of the comments above. I also had similar experience. When i saw the first email, i called Savills immediately and they confirmed that at this moment, they only need response by 5 pm Thursday and people will not be filtered based on how soon they respond. Eligible buyers will receive another set of email and at that time, people will be filtered on how soon they respond. Once i responded (after two hours since of receiving first mail since it went to Promotion folder on my gmail), i did not receive any confirmation of next steps. So, i called next week and they told me it was indeed based how fast you respond to first mail.

It was opaque and definitely not transparent process. Again i see some people telling here that one Elder has been pre-sold however i was informed that one Elder is going to be show house and only one is on sale.

Interesting data point. For the apartments the process was way more straightforward.
    When we booked our apartment last week, they scheduled the viewing after my first contact with them and everything went smoothly.
    They let us inspect all the avaliable ones before making the final decision.

Maybe because apartments are not selling as fast as houses

Kaede wrote: »
    Interesting data point. For the apartments the process was way more straightforward.
    When we booked our apartment last week, they scheduled the viewing after my first contact with them and everything went smoothly.
    They let us inspect all the avaliable ones before making the final decision.

Maybe because apartments are not selling as fast as houses

Agree. However the rate at which the houses have gone I would not be surprised if they hike the prices for the next phase.

Agree. However the rate at which the houses have gone I would not be surprised if they hike the prices for the next phase.

Especially now that the HTB scheme is being expanded to 30K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

Kaede wrote: »
    Especially now that the HTB scheme is being expanded to 30K.

HTB is only on houses up to 500k and the cheapest are 500k so if they up it they lose HTB. However, the strong demand is obvious especially given the gallops estate is recording sales prices for old stock above similar new stock

Smouse156 wrote: »
    HTB is only on houses up to 500k and the cheapest are 500k so if they up it they lose HTB. However, the strong demand is obvious especially given the gallops estate is recording sales prices for old stock above similar new stock

If you look at the houses above 500K, there is significant unsold stock. High demand in general is among First time home buyers so I dont think they will take this chance. One prime example is Fairways Carrickmines. In first phase, they sold end terrace houses at 500K but in the current phase, they priced it at 515K and i dont think they have managed to sell single house at the moment. If your budget is more than 500K, you will get houses any time, why would you bother to buy it in this uncertainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

sparkle109 wrote: »
    3 bed the fern also up on MyHome.ie

3 beds are gone.

4 bed left:

The Rowan
    4 bed
    162 sqm
    €580,000

Hawthorn
    4 bed
    165 sqm
    €615,000

Any clue when the next phase is due to be released???

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

What did Savills request from people in order to get the viewing on launch date?

I think its probably in 2021
    Any clue when the next phase is due to be released???

Dunston wrote: »
    What did Savills request from people in order to get the viewing on launch date?

Approval documents from bank

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

After chatting to the EA this week, feel like completely eliminating this development from our shortlist due to the demand. Luck of the draw it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Pink11 wrote: »
    After chatting to the EA this week, feel like completely eliminating this development from our shortlist due to the demand. Luck of the draw it seems.

Were you talking to DC? Take what he says (and all EAs) with a pinch of salt. It's their job to talk up demand. Now that's not to say that there isn't demand for the estate, just that sometimes the EA can make things look impossible.

If you looking for a four bed, you'd be fine, I'd expect. The four beds never all sold on the day of launch in the last three launches so you could be fairly assured that you'd get one if you wanted one.

3-beds are the more difficult to secure, that's true. In previous launches, it meant you had to queue from midnight a couple of days before the launch and Savills would come out and give you a ticket at 8am. The ticket gave you "first dibs" as it were on the day of the launch. Though at our launch there were only 12 3-beds going on sale, so if you had a ticket lower than 13 you wouldn't be guaranteed a 3-bed house, and certainly wouldn't get your pick and choice of end-of-terrace or south facing garden. It just depended whether anyone who had tickets 1-12 were actually buying a four bed, or whether they changed their mind once they saw the showhouse and didn't go ahead to put their deposit down that day.

I'm not sure what the story is with queueing now in light of the current circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

JDD wrote: »
    Were you talking to DC? Take what he says (and all EAs) with a pinch of salt. It's their job to talk up demand. Now that's not to say that there isn't demand for the estate, just that sometimes the EA can make things look impossible.

If you looking for a four bed, you'd be fine, I'd expect. The four beds never all sold on the day of launch in the last three launches so you could be fairly assured that you'd get one if you wanted one.

3-beds are the more difficult to secure, that's true. In previous launches, it meant you had to queue from midnight a couple of days before the launch and Savills would come out and give you a ticket at 8am. The ticket gave you "first dibs" as it were on the day of the launch. Though at our launch there were only 12 3-beds going on sale, so if you had a ticket lower than 13 you wouldn't be guaranteed a 3-bed house, and certainly wouldn't get your pick and choice of end-of-terrace or south facing garden. It just depended whether anyone who had tickets 1-12 were actually buying a four bed, or whether they changed their mind once they saw the showhouse and didn't go ahead to put their deposit down that day.

I'm not sure what the story is with queueing now in light of the current circumstances.

Correct!

Thanks for the heads up, from sounds of things it'll be the same thing for the next phase albeit virtually with the first to reply to the announcement email gets it. He also said that it's best to ring too incase he misses the email. Really luck of the draw rather than absolute fairness imo

We knew this wouldn't be easy but I thought I'd have EA's plaguing us to buy once I put out the feelers!

Advertisement