Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about haunted bread on Late Late Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Did you get a pic of will we just have to take what you say on faith?[/quote]
    I repeat....whatever !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Hi al. Still doing panto ?

Eh what?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,498 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

donkeykong5, this is a forum where assertions unsupported by facts are, quite rightly, derided.

To prevent loss of face you could (a) support your assertions with facts (b) refrain from making such unsupported assertions.

Up to you.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

donkeykong5, this is a forum where assertions unsupported by facts are, quite rightly, derided.

To prevent loss of face you could (a) support your assertions with facts (b) refrain from making such unsupported assertions.

Up to you.
    Omg. It was a joke. Al porter panto just round the corner. Comedian. Sorry just realised posters can constantly make fun of me and my posts re my religion. But it can only be one sided. Wow !

Omg. It was a joke. Al porter panto just round the corner. Comedian. Sorry just realised posters can constantly make fun of me and my posts re my religion. But it can only be one sided. Wow !

Your joke made no sense. Next time you're in mass you might wish to Jesus for a sense of humour.

• Advertisement

Your joke made no sense. Next time you're in mass you might wish to Jesus for a sense of humour.
    No need. Thank god. I have a great sense of humour. More important things to be praying for. Mainly the way pc brigade are taking over this country recently.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No need. Thank god. I have a great sense of humour. More important things to be praying for. Mainly the way pc brigade are taking over this country recently.

Would have thought world hunger and stopping wars would take higher priority then praying against people that want equality for their fellow human beings.

On the subject of stopping world hunger and war, hows that praying working out for you so far? Still no effect eh? Amazing stuff.

Of course I suppose if you pray against equality, technical you're praying for more hate and devisions to exist, this in term is a cause for many wars and deaths. Might explain why praying for wars to stop isn't working out so far.

You might want to rethink what you're praying for :pac:

Cabaal wrote: »

Would have thought world hunger and stopping wars would take higher priority then praying against people that want equality for their fellow human beings.

On the subject of stopping world hunger and war, hows that praying working out for you so far? Still no effect eh? Amazing stuff.

Of course I suppose if you pray against equality, technical you're praying for more hate and devisions to exist, this in term is a cause for many wars and deaths. Might explain why praying for wars to stop isn't working out so far.

You might want to rethink what you're praying for :pac:
    I pray for what I want and need. You can do all the above yourself.

I wasn't talking about that, it was the "Whitefriar St is totally packed" claim which you haven't backed up.

Many if not most parishes have reduced the number of Sunday masses by 30-50% since the 80s, so any impression of 'fullness' has to be balanced against the reduced number of services.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,135 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

why are you still pandering to him?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Or (c) call them alternative facts.

I wasn't talking about that, it was the "Whitefriar St is totally packed" claim which you haven't backed up.

Many if not most parishes have reduced the number of Sunday masses by 30-50% since the 80s, so any impression of 'fullness' has to be balanced against the reduced number of services.
    Omg. Why are you all so upset and annoyed that I posted about 3pm mass on Saturdays in whitefriar street chuch been packed. Get over yourselves.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

iguana wrote: »
    Or (c) call them alternative facts.
    I'm surprised that nobody's adapted Dara O'Briain's gag about alternative medicine and suggested that "alternative facts" are "alternatives to facts".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Omg. Why are you all so upset and annoyed that I posted about 3pm mass on Saturdays in whitefriar street chuch been packed. Get over yourselves.

i don't think anyone's annoyed that you said that particular mass was well attended, even without photographic evidence or going to see it myself , i have little reason, other than your evident bias, to doubt you and its far from inconceivable that this particular weekly service is well attended.

However this is not a basis of proof that the number of those identifying or practicing as Catholics is in terminal decline not just here but across most of the western world

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Why would I pray to a make believe God now?

You're pretty messed up if you pray for hate, devision or war.

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't watch the Late Late Show, so I wouldn't have heard about this if the objection hadn't been raised.
    Fair play to the Family and Media Association for getting the joke a wider audience, I for one intend to refer to it as "haunted bread" from now on.
    Just to follow up on my first post, I heard this come up as a topic on the most recent episodes of both Scathing Atheist(ep205) and Cognitive Dissonance(ep339).
    They're two pretty popular podcasts as far as I know so the Family and Media Association really excelled themselves in pushing this joke to a wider topic.

Here's hoping that they can make "haunted bread" an internationally used phrase.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,135 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Scathing Atheist(ep205) and Cognitive Dissonance(ep339).
    They're two pretty popular podcasts as far as I know so the Family and Media Association really excelled themselves in pushing this joke to a wider topic.
    i've never heard of either of them. i had a quick look at the web page for the first and really lost interest incredibly quickly. i suspect the family and media association have little to fear from them.

i've never heard of either of them. i had a quick look at the web page for the first and really lost interest incredibly quickly. i suspect the family and media association have little to fear from them.

They've little to fear from Blindboy but it doesn't stop them whining about being offended. Now they have themselves to thank for the coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

They've little to fear from Blindboy but it doesn't stop them whining about being offended. Now they have themselves to thank for the coverage.

Blindboy says so much stupid stuff-but the haunted bread thing was a satirical joke. That said, that people are taking his comment as seriously as the 'all men need feminism' kind of shows how silly his views are.

I mean seriously, the Simpsons have made harsher jokes, and that's shown before the watershed.

Why would I pray to a make believe God now?

You're pretty messed up if you pray for hate, devision or war.
    Why in the name of God would I pray for hate devision or war. What a silly childish post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

I pray for an improvement in the standard of spelling on these pages. 'Devision'? It seems more than one poster needs a dictionary....

pauldla wrote: »
    I pray for an improvement in the standard of spelling on these pages. 'Devision'? It seems more than one poster needs a dictionary....
    I was quoting poster.

I was quoting poster.

Indeed, as I said, more than one poster. But you should familiarise yourself with the Good Book, and 'not follow a multitude to do evil'. ;)

I was quoting poster.

Indeed, as I said, more than one poster. But you should familiarise yourself with the Good Book, and 'not follow a multitude to do evil'. ;)
    If you read back on my posts you will realise that I am very familiar with " the good book". And despise evil in all forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,293 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You are right, a dictionary is a very good book, and your point is so true - the multitudes really do have problems with spelling.

looksee wrote: »
    You are right, a dictionary is a very good book, and your point is so true - the multitudes really do have problems with spelling.

It is a good book! Mine has pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

If you wanted a non-religious discussion however there's always an Atheist Ireland meeting too,

Where and when are these meetings on cabaal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Blindboy says so much stupid stuff-but the haunted bread thing was a satirical joke. That said, that people are taking his comment as seriously as the 'all men need feminism' kind of shows how silly his views are.

I mean seriously, the Simpsons have made harsher jokes, and that's shown before the watershed.

blindboy, who is a middle class guy living on the Ennis road, is making big bucks with his faux Limerick working class accent. Little of what he says or does would be regarded as genuine in Limerick.

That said, that people are taking his comment as seriously as the 'all men need feminism' kind of shows how silly his views are.
    no, it shows how silly the people are who can't tell the difference between genuine comment and a joke.

though we're not short of that type of person in ireland.

• Advertisement

If you read back on my posts you will realise that I am very familiar with " the good book". And despise evil in all forms.

Is this theistic virtue signalling?

Advertisement