Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[New Development] Rathmill Green, Rathcoole

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MACKER8584

Premier! wrote: »
    Ya I had thought about that too. Though the same mail also mentions "without obligation on either party until such time as a formal contract is exchanged by both the vendor and purchaser and deposit paid" which I'd imagine they would be quick to interpret in their favour!

Anyway we don't know yet I guess! I'm trying to find out if my contract has been sent out yet, solicitor is on hols and can't seem to get talking to the right person in Cavan Dev!

Hey, yeah. Unfortunately until contracts are signed they could do whatever they feel like. I would hope anyone that has put down there deposit and got receipt then would stick to that and be honourable but you never know.

Did you try mail sales at cavandev ie as that's who I have dealt with. Seem good to reply.

Do you know what number in rathmill meadows you have put a deposit on?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Premier!

MACKER8584 wrote: »
    Hey, yeah. Unfortunately until contracts are signed they could do whatever they feel like. I would hope anyone that has put down there deposit and got receipt then would stick to that and be honourable but you never know.

Did you try mail sales at cavandev ie as that's who I have dealt with. Seem good to reply.

Do you know what number in rathmill meadows you have put a deposit on?

Ya hopefully! Ya we have no. 2. It's the first one in the row.

Ya hopefully! Ya we have no. 2. It's the first one in the row.

Good stuff, I'm two doors down in #6

Good stuff, I'm two doors down in #6

See you some time next year so! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FutureJD

Hi Future!

Good to hear! Have you signed any contracts yet? We paid our deposit a month ago and supposedly if you sign the contract within a month you get all the appliances included but if they don't send out the contract within a month what are you supposed to do?! Presume they can't be strict on that!

Not yet. Our solicitor has received the contracts though, we should be good to sign pretty soon.
    I'll go and speak to the rep in the house tho. He's a nice guy and very straight.

Yeah, he's a nice guy to deal with. Gave us a fair share of his time over the few viewings we had and knew his stuff.

TBH the price increase isn't on my mind, I'm happy enough that I'm sale agreed at the previous price and it looks like the new price is on the next phase of houses coming to market.

Definitely fingers crossed for a good winter, at least we'll have plenty of time to think about kitchens and interior finishes! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Cob_123

Hi,

We also bought in Rathmill Green, we've sent signed contracts to cavan dev and are waiting for them to send back. Has anyone received signed contracts yet?

Also any idea if they've broken ground? It's hard to see from the road!

Cob_123 wrote: »
    Hi,

We also bought in Rathmill Green, we've sent signed contracts to cavan dev and are waiting for them to send back. Has anyone received signed contracts yet?

Also any idea if they've broken ground? It's hard to see from the road!

Was on the site last week and they haven't broken ground on the rathmill meadows houses anyway. Most of the rathmill green ones are under construction though

Great thanks. Which part of the estate is Rathmill Meadows? My map just details Rathmill Green.

Great thanks. Which part of the estate is Rathmill Meadows? My map just details Rathmill Green.

Bottom left hand corner is Rathmill meadows

Have any of you guys had any concern expressed by your solicitors that the builders contracts have a clause that entitles them to keep the full 10% deposit if, for whatever reason, your bank decides to withdraw funding between now and when the house is built?

• Advertisement

Have any of you guys had any concern expressed by your solicitors that the builders contracts have a clause that entitles them to keep the full 10% deposit if, for whatever reason, your bank decides to withdraw funding between now and when the house is built?

We haven't met with our solicitor yet, meeting him next week but that sounds concerning alright. But our guy said he will be putting in clauses of his own to basically say the opposite i.e if for some reason we lose funding we get the whole deposit back. He said there is usually some negotiations required before final contract is agreed. He said for new builds, where there is usually a long time between signing contracts and actually drawing down the mortgage, it's common for mortgage offers to lapse/expire and while its usually just a case of reapplying, sometimes if circumstances change you may not be offered the mortgage again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FutureJD

Yeah, our solicitor flagged this to us too. We haven't signed yet but hopefully will get the clause removed or reach some kind of compromise first.

We haven't met with our solicitor yet, meeting him next week but that sounds concerning alright. But our guy said he will be putting in clauses of his own to basically say the opposite i.e if for some reason we lose funding we get the whole deposit back. He said there is usually some negotiations required before final contract is agreed. He said for new builds, where there is usually a long time between signing contracts and actually drawing down the mortgage, it's common for mortgage offers to lapse/expire and while its usually just a case of reapplying, sometimes if circumstances change you may not be offered the mortgage again.

Your solicitor is right and that clause is one which has been recommended to be inserted by the law society.

The problem is that its not compulsory and the builders solicitor is refusing it which leave us exposed. They can say accept it or ffck off and return your deposit and I know from a contact that that is what is happening.

So we do have to accept or move on. I guess the question to ask yourself is whether there is any reason that your circumstances might change when you re-apply for the mortgage. Or whether the economy will collapse between now and then!! (It won't)

Hmmm, we're in a slightly more complicated position again because the bank won't actually issue the full loan offer to us until my wife completes her probationary period in work in November so we are trying to pay deposit without a full mortgage offer. They have said they don't see any problem in getting the full offer in November but you never know! I'd be happy to accept the risk of the funding being withdrawn, but we would need to be protected if for some reason we didn't get the full offer in the first place in November.

These things ain't easy!

We're going to accept the risk, which the solicitor is obliged to recommend against, based up our confidence in the economy and because we have secure jobs.

Meanwhile all the to and fro between solicitors will no doubt mean it takes more than 4 weeks to get it all sorted and then they don't have to include the appliances!

Think we should be safe enough with the appliances if we all act with good faith. So Barry said!
    And the solicitor said that's one thing they'd guarantee is that we'd get them

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Truth wins

We have signed contracts on rathmill green 9 months ago. Waiting for completion now
    Hi all,

Just put a deposit on a house in rathmill manor last week. Just looking to chat to others in similar situation! Looks like you are waiting on contracts? How does that affect the deal where you get all your appliances included if you return the contract within a month of paying booking deposit? not your fault if they don't send out the contracts!

Also, I just received a receipt for the booking deposit and on it it says "subject to planning" beside the acknowledgement of receipt of deposit for the specific house. Did any of you have this and does it mean full planning permission has not been granted yet?!

2tek wrote: »
    Any one knows anything about this development? Deposited a few weeks back, yet to get a contract.

Hi !! We signed the contract for Rathmill green 4 months ago. All white goods included. Waiting for the completion of the houses now.

Think we should be safe enough with the appliances if we all act with good faith. So Barry said!
    And the solicitor said that's one thing they'd guarantee is that we'd get them

We got our white goods included. Barry is a nice guy to deal with.

Hey everyone,

I received my contracts signed back from the builders solicitors today.

I look forward to seeing you all soon.

• Advertisement

Hey everyone,

I received my contracts signed back from the builders solicitors today.

I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Congrats Macker!

did you just sign as is or was your solicitor able to soften up the contract a bit?

Congrats Macker!

did you just sign as is or was your solicitor able to soften up the contract a bit?

It's more or less the same. There was some changes that she made that she crossed out that she said was out dated on their contract.

Also moved to date for completion of deposit as will need to send on the details from HTB scheme.

The house design was as is.

You looking to make many changes?

Congrats! Can I ask how long it took from when you sent them contracts to them coming back?

Also are you using H2B as part of your deposit and just paying balance?

Congrats! Can I ask how long it took from when you sent them contracts to them coming back?

Also are you using H2B as part of your deposit and just paying balance?

Hey Cob, yeah. We signed contracts mid august and got them back yesterday so almost 3 weeks for them to be returned.

Yeah, paid out 10% deposit minus the HTB cash. Now we have the contracts back, I've proceeded with the claim on revienue and just waiting for PIN numbers that I give to them via solicitors for them to claim the rest of the deposit.

Brilliant thanks! We signed just over 2 weeks ago so hopefully we'll hear back from them soon. Thanks also for the H2B info I was worried we needed to come up with the full 10%!

Brilliant thanks! We signed just over 2 weeks ago so hopefully we'll hear back from them soon. Thanks also for the H2B info I was worried we needed to come up with the full 10%!

Yeah, I was worried about that too but AIB said that you can use it as the deposit so I was at ease since then.

I have proceeded the HTB claim now and they have come back to us with a "claim reference number" and your original "access code" that you got at the start, both of which are in your messages in enquiries within revenue. The contractor then verifys the property prior to any funding is released. I think once they confirm then they issue us with a PIN that we give to them that enables them to draw down the remaining deposit.

On a side note, who has everyone found best to deal with and the best deal from for getting the mortgage. I have applied to Ulster bank, AIB and PTSB and KBC.

I have only heard back from Ulster bank so far.

Oh brilliant thanks. Great to hear from someone else going through it, nobody seemed fully sure how it worked!

We went with PTSB through a broker, my husband is self employed so the broker made things really straightforward. PTSB rate is good and cash back is also handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tharian

Hai, My house is in the final stage of completion in rathmill green. I am just wondering whether anybody know whats the length of paved tiling in front of the houses in rathmill green.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 emma_cos

Hi all,

I'm glad to finally see people talking on a forum about Rathmill Manor so I've created a FB group called "Rathmill Manor" for all future residents. Boards is public where FB is private and we're gonna need it for snag list, changes etc. So feel free to join if you're buying a house in the development.

I bought mine in Rathmill Green, paid the booking in June, signed the contract in July, got it back signed by Cavan in August and had the claim approved and paid in Sept. So all sorted now, can't wait to see when the house will be ready ... probably July..

• Advertisement

emma_cos wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm glad to finally see people talking on a forum about Rathmill Manor so I've created a FB group called "Rathmill Manor" for all future residents. Boards is public where FB is private and we're gonna need it for snag list, changes etc. So feel free to join if you're buying a house in the development.

I bought mine in Rathmill Green, paid the booking in June, signed the contract in July, got it back signed by Cavan in August and had the claim approved and paid in Sept. So all sorted now, can't wait to see when the house will be ready ... probably July..

Thanks for this Emma, great idea, I will join the FB group! Good to have an idea of your timelines also!

Advertisement