Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[New Development] Rathmill Green, Rathcoole

Options
  • 10-01-2017 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello,

Just wondering has anyone any interest or looked at the new developments in Rathmill Green, Rathcoole? Interested to hear any opinions or views?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Hi OP, I've split your posts to two threads to discuss the two different developments.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Do you mean Rathmill manor?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Do you mean Rathmill manor?

Rathmill Green appears to be one of the roads within that development.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2tek

Any one knows anything about this development? Deposited a few weeks back, yet to get a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rathsar

Hi we also paid deposit a few days back.Waiting for the next stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2tek

Any updates, no contracts yet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Premier!

Hi all,

Just put a deposit on a house in rathmill manor last week. Just looking to chat to others in similar situation! Looks like you are waiting on contracts? How does that affect the deal where you get all your appliances included if you return the contract within a month of paying booking deposit? not your fault if they don't send out the contracts!

Also, I just received a receipt for the booking deposit and on it it says "subject to planning" beside the acknowledgement of receipt of deposit for the specific house. Did any of you have this and does it mean full planning permission has not been granted yet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Angelababy

Premier! wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just put a deposit on a house in rathmill manor last week. Just looking to chat to others in similar situation! Looks like you are waiting on contracts? How does that affect the deal where you get all your appliances included if you return the contract within a month of paying booking deposit? not your fault if they don't send out the contracts!

Also, I just received a receipt for the booking deposit and on it it says "subject to planning" beside the acknowledgement of receipt of deposit for the specific house. Did any of you have this and does it mean full planning permission has not been granted yet?!

I have it receipt the same even though mine is built. Can I just ask do you know these semidetached house without garden which should called town house or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Hi folks.

Could you please let me know is there a price lists for these ?

Hi folks.

Could you please let me know is there a price lists for these ?

1850 sq ft 4 bed semi 379,000

Not 100% sure of the rest but think 3 bed is pretty much the same price as it's the same sq footage.

Nicest houses I've seen to be honest. Was looking at Citywest village but prefer these location wise and size wise.

• Advertisement

Angelababy wrote: »
    I have it receipt the same even though mine is built. Can I just ask do you know these semidetached house without garden which should called town house or not?

I'm sorry I don't know of any houses without a garden?

Has anyone bought on Rathmill Meadows? Interested to meet our new neighbours ��

I'm sorry I don't know of any houses without a garden?

I actually mean the houses without front garden and with small back garden. Are these kind of semi-detached houses called semi or townhouse ?

Thanks a mill

I put deposit on Rathmill green

When would your house be ready to move in? Is it with front garden?

None of them have a front garden but ours does have a front drive. Some of the houses do not, instead they have car spaces on the road or across the road I think. Haven't received contract yet so do not have estimated completion date but I'd imagine it will be well into next year

None of them have a front garden but ours does have a front drive. Some of the houses do not, instead they have car spaces on the road or across the road I think. Haven't received contract yet so do not have estimated completion date but I'd imagine it will be well into next year

Do you think the houses without drive is a disadvantage? Is it hard to resell in the future? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MACKER8584

Hi Premier,
    I put down a deposit on Rathmill Meadows. Now for the long wait.

I see they put the price up this weekend though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FutureJD

MACKER8584 wrote: »
    Hi Premier,

Hi Premier, MACKER,

I've put down a deposit for Rathmill Meadows, looking forward to meeting my new neighbours too!

Hi Premier,

Hi Macker,

Ya I noticed that, have you a contract signed already at the lower price? We don't so I don't know what we'll be paying yet! Hopefully the higher price is just for the next lot of houses being released, that might be wishful thinking though! Have you been given any indication as to when you're house will be ready?

• Advertisement

FutureJD wrote: »
    Hi Premier, MACKER,

I've put down a deposit for Rathmill Meadows, looking forward to meeting my new neighbours too!

Hi Future!

Good to hear! Have you signed any contracts yet? We paid our deposit a month ago and supposedly if you sign the contract within a month you get all the appliances included but if they don't send out the contract within a month what are you supposed to do?! Presume they can't be strict on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

If youve signed a contract surely you are entitled to the lower price, or the price when you signed?

The 'appliances when you sign' seems like such a damn scam. Ive heard of this a lot; even those that sign it and get it to the developers solicitor don;t get it cause their solicitor doesnt get through it quickly enough, time elapses, and so not verified within the timeframe.

BTW, showings this weekend on this estate.

xpletiv wrote: »
    If youve signed a contract surely you are entitled to the lower price, or the price when you signed?

The 'appliances when you sign' seems like such a damn scam. Ive heard of this a lot; even those that sign it and get it to the developers solicitor don;t get it cause their solicitor doesnt get through it quickly enough, time elapses, and so not verified within the timeframe.

BTW, showings this weekend on this estate.

Oh ya if you've signed the contract at the lower price that's the price you'll pay. I just haven't got the contract to sign yet so not sure what the story will be! Have you bought there too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

No i have not, I am looking nearby, but I am heavily considering checking out the show house this weekend, as I am not 100% on the one im looking at nearby. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MACKER8584

Hi Macker,

Ya I noticed that, have you a contract signed already at the lower price? We don't so I don't know what we'll be paying yet! Hopefully the higher price is just for the next lot of houses being released, that might be wishful thinking though! Have you been given any indication as to when you're house will be ready?

Hi Premier and Future,
    Look forward to meeting you both.

Our solicitor received the contracts a couple of weeks back. I have signed the contract and sent it back with the deposit and mortgage loan offer to them. I'm waiting for it back signed by them now.

I'm hoping the same that they don't put it up now on us and you guys. It would look bad on their part if they renegotiated now.

As for the white goods, my understanding is that it's 4 weeks from the date your solicitor gets the contracts, not from when you put down the deposit.

I'll go and speak to the rep in the house tho. He's a nice guy and very straight.

There is also no date on the contracts when the house will be ready by as its weather depending. Hopefully it's a good winter. I am expecting end of June start of July.

Hi Premier and Future,
    Look forward to meeting you both.

Our solicitor received the contracts a couple of weeks back. I have signed the contract and sent it back with the deposit and mortgage loan offer to them. I'm waiting for it back signed by them now.

I'm hoping the same that they don't put it up now on us and you guys. It would look bad on their part if they renegotiated now.

As for the white goods, my understanding is that it's 4 weeks from the date your solicitor gets the contracts, not from when you put down the deposit.

I'll go and speak to the rep in the house tho. He's a nice guy and very straight.

There is also no date on the contracts when the house will be ready by as its weather depending. Hopefully it's a good winter. I am expecting end of June start of July.

Thanks for the reply Macker,

Ya fingers crossed they don't up the price for us! That would make much more sense if it was four weeks from when solicitor receives contracts.

We would be expecting around the same time frame all going well, think 10 months is fairly standard barring major delays.

Houses are still €379k on daft?

Thanks, didn't see that ad and there are still ads with the €379 price that are coming up from a Google search.

I note the mail we got from the estate agents states "we are pleased to offer x house at Rathmill manor for €379000" then goes on to give you the list of actions.

TThere's probably an argument that this is an official offer and that completion of the actions amounts to a valid acceptance so they would have to honour the terms of the offer.

There'd certainly be enough to make a stink about :-)

• Advertisement

Thanks, didn't see that ad and there are still ads with the €379 price that are coming up from a Google search.

I note the mail we got from the estate agents states "we are pleased to offer x house at Rathmill manor for €379000" then goes on to give you the list of actions.

TThere's probably an argument that this is an official offer and that completion of the actions amounts to a valid acceptance so they would have to honour the terms of the offer.

There'd certainly be enough to make a stink about :-)

Ya I had thought about that too. Though the same mail also mentions "without obligation on either party until such time as a formal contract is exchanged by both the vendor and purchaser and deposit paid" which I'd imagine they would be quick to interpret in their favour!

Anyway we don't know yet I guess! I'm trying to find out if my contract has been sent out yet, solicitor is on hols and can't seem to get talking to the right person in Cavan Dev!

Advertisement