Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games Done Quick 2017

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

$ 1 million hit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Just saw there's a Vice City run later on!
    Checked the schedule website... 4:30am :(

I'll have to catch it on the YT channel afterwards :D
    It's up now, should be good fun :) looking forward to the Donkey Kong trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

^^^
    Thanks, I'll watch it after the event is over, I have loads to catch up on :)

Money is pouring in now :eek:

^^^
    Thanks, I'll watch it after the event is over, I have loads to catch up on :)

Money is pouring in now :eek:
    No problem at all :) I was putting on something and saw more were up so I said I'd say you the hassle I was adding it to my catch up playlist.

Yeah same it'll just be live for tonight.
    It's shocking the amount of donations, I recorded a minute on my phone a little while ago and it went up 5k I think.

Edit: I gave a donation on my nephews behalf in memory of their grandparents but sadly didn't get read in the afternoon, my sister was glad to see it so not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watched this run live this morning and it was fantastic. Some incredible platforming and some insane tricks and shortcuts that I had no idea you could do. No real glitches, just skill. It was 1 minute slower than the world record, so it's just about as fast as you can get.

Really worth a look. I thought I knew the game really well, but this run showed that I don't know it at all! :)

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    I watched this run live this morning and it was fantastic. Some incredible platforming and some insane tricks and shortcuts that I had no idea you could do. No real glitches, just skill. It was 1 minute slower than the world record, so it's just about as fast as you can get.

Really worth a look. I thought I knew the game really well, but this run showed that I don't know it at all! :)

Love when it's just skills.
    Didn't know it was being run, pleased to see it on YT. I was gonna watch it now but really wanted to start the DKC relay, it's really long. Looking more forward to it even now, thanks!.

I didn't realize it was Wind Waker, not played it (yes - shock! Horror!), bought a Wii U 5 months ago and still haven't got it xD that's was partly why I held off lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Must watch that 3D land one actually, might give me some tips and "strats" :D

Must watch that 3D land one actually, might give me some tips and "strats" :D
    I was like that with Jet Set Radio last year, didn't get out my Dreamcast to try it though.

Edit: Dark Souls 3 and Tas already on YouTube if ye missed it earlier.

Funny gif of Spike Vegeta during an interview
    z36oHG8.gif
    OP: Twitter

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just hit a record amount raised. This could well hit 2 million with Super Metroid and Undertale still to come.

• Advertisement

Went on Twitter to see the total it says -

3h ago
    "With a total of $2,213,397 raised (and still counting!) we thank everyone for all of your support! #AGDQ2017"

I always hope they make it to 2m and never saw it myself, this year I underestimated them and they did it.

Edit : on Facebook it says "...and over 10 million raised combined for all of our GDQs! We cannot thank you all enough for your support! Enjoy the rest of Undertale to conclude our marathon!"

Definitely recommend the DKC run, they had 3 teams of 3 racing and when DKC1 was done straight away passed it to the next on the team member to start DKC2 and then DKC3. Not too many skips (was still like nearly 3 hours) and great detail on what was going on.

Edit: the Japanese Kirby player is on the DK3 team

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Beanie guy during Metroid :rolleyes:

ShaneU wrote: »
    Beanie guy during Metroid :rolleyes:
    I haven't seen it yet, watching Mario 3D Land, what's he at? Fool acting? :pac:
    Tried watching well listening to Ratchet and Clank ... had to turn it off.
    Final Fantasy run is kinda relaxing, good commentary and they were doing trivia, not finished yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

He told everyone in the crowd making Waluigi noises to go jump in front of a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I really enjoy the GDQ's because I'm a speed running fan and it's great to see the community show off their games, but the more you read into the prevent cancer foundation the less likely I am to donate. Plus the fact that about 100k of it goes straight into Mike Uyama's pocket. They aren't upfront about the fact that their "volunteers" are getting paid by the same organisation they are advocating for. Thats just shady to be honest.

ShaneU wrote: »
    He told everyone in the crowd making Waluigi noises to go jump in front of a bus.
    Wow, very harsh :l I don't get people who can't just ask or did he and they kept pushing? I'll probably find out myself.
    Kirby wrote: »
    I really enjoy the GDQ's because I'm a speed running fan and it's great to see the community show off their games, but the more you read into the prevent cancer foundation the less likely I am to donate. Plus the fact that about 100k of it goes straight into Mike Uyama's pocket. They aren't upfront about the fact that their "volunteers" are getting paid by the same organisation they are advocating for. Thats just shady to be honest.
    I'm hoping is it doesn't take away from you enjoying the runs though.
    IMO, there's always something shady in any charity event or collection directly or indirectly. Money can unfortunately bring out a greed in people. Thankfully it's not something I've seen often but sadly I have seen it and heard of it happening.
    I assumed not 100% would be used for the charity that some would be taken out for event fees or something, you don't just get everything free (projectors, event rooms, ect) because it's charity, not expecting it to go to wages though.
    You're right to question where the money goes, I had read some bad things but wasn't sure if it's concrete or not.
    I can only hope some amount of it used correctly and it does do some good and any purposeful greed what goes around comes around.
    It's just imo, not everyone will feel the same.

Final Fantasy really good if you're interested and have the time. It's counting the squares but not that intense, they know they've it right from the enemies encounters.
    It's like nearly 4 hours so I watched over 2 nights. I'm almost finished now it's great, Doom, La Mulana, Metroid Race, I dunno if I'll watch Fire Emblem, I dunno which one it even is.

Advertisement