Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,362 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Tommy is a pretty good interviewer. Ray is a boring sod, but at least Tommy is trying to get some proper conversation out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭furiousox

Watched the first 6 or 7 minutes but it was just Tommy Tiernan shouting a story at the audience so I gave up on it.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Another RTE guest on a chat show. A big ad for Ray's radio show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Christ this is painful it's like trying to freeze ice cream in the Sahara.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Arghus wrote: »
    Tommy is a pretty good interviewer. Ray is a boring sod, but at least Tommy is trying to get some proper conversation out of him.

He may be but the whole set-up of the show where he doesn't know the guest line-up is totally pointless and counter-productive in my view. It's actually more like a D'Arcy interview where he does absolutely no research, lets his own prejudices interfere and ends up regularly in trouble with the BAI. That annoying "balance" issue again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Loved the dig Tommy have to Ray "Your not known for your Comedy" haha, Ray didn't like it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,362 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

He may be but the whole set-up of the show where he doesn't know the guest line-up is totally pointless and counter-productive in my view. It's actually more like a D'Arcy interview where he does absolutely no research, lets his own prejudices interfere and ends up regularly in trouble with the BAI. That annoying "balance" issue again.

Ah yeah, as the interview went on Ray got increasingly boring alright. Personally, though, I like the format of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

On the subject of RTÉ balance how in the jaysus does Joe Duffy get away with it? Today he was 100% anti Trump.

One at a time girls please.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

He had one soft dig at D'Arcy but brown nosed him for the rest of it. Found it fairly sickening to be honest. Obviously tommy wasn't aware that D'Arcy has been pulled up several times by the BAI for his biased interviews, at least i hope he wasn't because there's no other excuse for not firing it at him, comedy show or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,049 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Bit high pitched... hurts the ears a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Oh dear Odin, what have i just turned on?

He had one soft dig at D'Arcy but brown nosed him for the rest of it. Found it fairly sickening to be honest. Obviously tommy wasn't aware that D'Arcy has been pulled up several times by the BAI for his biased interviews, at least i hope he wasn't because there's no other excuse for not firing it at him, comedy show or not.
    The whole thing was rigged, Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Complete waste of television.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Bit high pitched... hurts the ears a bit

Plug yer ears and just use your eyes ;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭Clarebelly

I nearly fucked my remote at the telly when Darcy walked out.
    More RTE interview incest.
    Why don't ye just stick a camera up in the canteen and be done with it you wasters.

Why couldn't Tommy have asked Ray about his children or something. We know all about his radio show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

I wonder what was in it for D'Arcy... Cos none of these RTE Fortune 500 "stars" every do an interview unless they are bribed or a gun is put to their heads. I mean remember the non interview that Marion Finucane gave a few years ago.

M

Clarebelly wrote: »
    I nearly fucked my remote at the telly when Darcy walked out.
    More RTE interview incest.
    Why don't ye just stick a camera up in the canteen and be done with it you wasters.

Having this, LLS and RDS on each week can only result in brutal guests, whoever is in charge of scheduling should be sent straight on the dole.

M

I pray that Tommy gets Joe Duffy on one of the weeks.

• Advertisement
    M

I've still never seen Avatar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The Iron Giant is brilliant in fairness.

M

He might as well have a blocklayer, plumber or carpenter on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

I've still never seen Avatar.

I walked out of the cinema about half way though. Only did that twice in my life.

It was popular because it was the first big budget 3D movie. That part was fun but the movie itself was c**p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

He might as well have a blocklayer, plumber or carpenter on.

Because of the way he talks, or because he's someone who actuslly does something, for a change :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Had a good laugh, he's doing well, he should take over Dark or Tubs he's far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Tommy didn't seem very interested in the animator fella. Guess hard to make the technical aspects of animation sound interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

I do not want a pair of pink shoes. EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

furiousox wrote: »
    Watched the first 6 or 7 minutes but it was just Tommy Tiernan shouting a story at the audience so I gave up on it.

Better than one of Brendan O'Connor's monologues Shirley?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

My dislike of Darcy probably over ruled thoughts on interview. Got nothing from it.

The blonde's, meh.

I enjoyed listening to Richie the animator. A true success story.

Shows seems to be Irish star, dolly bird, international level of success.

Would have to be a bit more interesting/funny to get me watching weekly.

Advertisement