Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Westernview

Very sad. I've been a long time fan and he is definitely not in a good place. If the show is prerecorded it may have been best if they didn't air it. He will eventually sort himself out and may regret these appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

I never really got Dylan Moran's comedy so found his interview a struggle to be honest, the guy obviously has a lot on at the moment. The second interview was the best. To be so positive after that accident is incredible, and anyone who has spent any amount of time in London will not have been surprised about the lack of assistance after her accident, and that was before Airpods etc.

The last guy was a bit mad but it was an entertaining interview. As always Tommy is at his best when he knows nothing about the interviewees and he just lets them tell their story. It's a great gift to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,348 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The Siberian lads singing at the end would be great at the auld Sean Nós.

As others have said Tommy seems to be better when he does not know the guest. Especially when they are unusual or have unusual interests. You could tell he was really thrown by the last two guests, and it sparked his interest he wanted to know more.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

It's interesting that people think your one is the best thing since sliced bread. Maybe someone who slipped in Tesco car park next week so. It was fairly obvious to me that Tommy wasn't particularly interested.

It's much better when people have actually achieved something or are doing something unusual in their career.

Dylan Moran is not in a great place but that made it all the more fascinating. It was like Tommy was interviewing his other self and when he said the reason he was worried about Dylan was because he doesn't seem to have an anchor, it was clear he was thinking he'd be in the same situation without his home life. Agree with the poster who said it was probably a bit too dark for a lot of the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭Field east

I was surprised that Tommy did not ask her about her Irish connections. , if any ; where she was from - difficult to make out from her accent. Also nothing anout what she worked at before the accident and what is she working at now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,463 ✭✭✭✭kippy

You don't think she has achieved something or indeed is doing something unusual?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭spakman

Why would you think she has Irish connections?

I hate when LLS and others try to get celebrities to say how much they love Ireland - it sounds so needy and pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭Field east

You missed the ‘if any’ bit. I was just curious about her background

• Advertisement

I think she has overcome a lot but I know what you mean. Seems she was on based on the fact that she suffered a serious accident and survived it. You could pick someone similar every night of the week so it's difficult to understand why they singled out her out other than the fact that she seems to have handled it so well. Perhaps it will give hope to other people who have had similar traumatic events.

It was a bit like an old late late show segment but thankfully without the tears and the fake concern of the host.

Yes I agree she was very articulate and wasnt there to court sympathy or pity. The key word you said is 'mix'. Like many others I stopped watching the RT late late when it became dominated by hard luck stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,348 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Ah come on how many people do you know or have heard of with a robotic arm? It was not an everyday injury nor everyday solution. Even your average health care professional would be fascinated by the woman. So in my eyes the lay person should also be interested. Not only that she was extremely articulate in describing what she felt like at the moment she was injured how how she survived it mentally. And then described how she managed to recover a point. There are lessons there for the viewer when they have to face fierce adversity and continue on with their lives, with a certain level of stoicism.

To me I get the impression that with the internet instant click on. instant click off, instant info on phones and devices it has made a section of society blaze. To them it might as well be an accident in "Tesco car park" etc. Classing it as just another 'accident'.

Maybe it is also a defence mechanism, people don't want to put themselves in another persons position? And are uneasy about questioning themselves as to how they would fare in the same situation? So it is easier to minimise another person's misfortune?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Who are the guests for tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭John arse

Dermot Bannon, Francis Brennan and Jason Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭corkie

@Man Vs ManUre I think @John arse is joking with you?

Point of the show is that Tommy doesn't know who he is interviewing, and unless a repeat the guests are not announced in advance.

The Tommy Tiernan Show Improvised chat show in which neither the presenter nor the viewers are told the identity of the guests in advance. With the comedian in the dark about who he will be interviewing until they walk out to greet him, anything can happen - especially if Tommy doesn't have a clue who they are

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Jason Byrne a late withdrawal. Replaced by Una healy.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,925 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Hold My Hand

Tommy cracks me up

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Just glad I don't watch this with my parents 😳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Would love to have seen Tubridy interview her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Highly Inappropriate and boring

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Would be a very rowdy and giddy audience if they were in tonight.

Oh thought she meant dogs or cats.

Advertisement