Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭HBC08

This guy is great,infectious personality and enthusiasm.

Haha and here's some Mongolian throat singing !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭griffin100

Not sure what I’m looking at now but it’s driving my dogs nuts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭bejeezus

Tommy showed sensitivity talking to the last guest, not so much the lady with prosthetics.

ps and now I realise I’m just as bad ‘ lady with the prosthetics’

• Registered Users Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Sean nos on LSD!

🙈🙉🙊

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That was a bit mad, I liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭spakman

there's a good beat to those guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Good of Tommy to say don't associate what he does to his condition as it might undermine what he his doing.

The throat singer at end I think was whistling rather than the real thing.

Michael Mcdowell and

Michael mcnamara and Peadar Tóibín..

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

To be fair, I don't think he needed to be sensitive while talking to her. She didn't seem at all perturbed by the kind of questions he was asking, and answered them all with good humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭John arse

No. 1 for the last five weeks in Tibet.

Ah yeah, she did seem like she was well adjusted. But the tangent about her waking up with the arm killing her seemed a bit too far- for me anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Great show even with Moran. Just goes to show you don't need "celebs" or morbidity to have a decent chat show.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 15,702 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I was in Tullamore Square last year around where the theory place is for driving lessons and seen a big man fall there. I went over and asked him was he OK did he did help. He said he was grand and got up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Some great questions, especially the one regarding what she perceived as her worst injury

Tommy "wheres me fuckin teeth"😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭Jeff2

What the band should sound like here.

Michael Mcdowell and

Michael mcnamara and Peadar Tóibín..

Don’t get me wrong, I love her attitude. However I think it has taken a lot of guts and hard work to come to that place of acceptance and confidence. Everybody is different, and, yes, and maybe she was pissing herself at the thought of being toothless !

To put it in context, I have a less traumatic and obvious appendage, a colostomy. It took me a long time to really accept it. But people are different and I’m willing to accept that maybe she was just far more accepting, and well adjusted, than me !

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Hold My Hand

I’m watching on the Plus 1. These unfamiliar guests are extraordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

First of all wishing you good health and strength

I thought it interesting that she was lying there no limbs and smiling to be alive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

The second and third guests were great. Both were interesting and really well-spoken.

That woman who lost her arm and leg was especially remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Gobsmacked by his appearance I have to say - I’ve been a fan of his live performances but haven’t followed him in a few years now- I see he divorced in 2022- two kids- obviously this is his way of dealing with it- not very well in my view - hopefully he’ll turn a corner some day but public humiliation is hard to come back from as a public figure but especially as a comedian- his New Zealand show drunk will follow him around for some time.

Very sad.

Edit- I see New Zealand wasn’t a one off - even Dublin multiple times last year

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/y50quj/just_saw_dylan_moran_in_vicar_street_and_had_to/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

From what I’ve read online seems this is a common state for him at present since his divorce- if he’s going to insist on appearing on live TV or even recorded TV, better to do it with someone like Tommy Tiernan who understands him and can look out for him at bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Go to any Saturday evening mass in the midlands and you will hear so much coughing, if you recorded it you would have a new band to rival them Mongolian throat singers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,493 ✭✭✭✭elperello

And the same crowd when they go to bingo not a peep out of them.

They are not allowed to as much as clear their throat while the numbers are being called.

The padres don't have the same power as the caller's 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Banjo Carney

She is some woman to go through all that and come out the other side smiling and positive. She gave a great interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Dylan Moran initially seemed OK in the early part of the interview, but, seemed to deteriorate as the interview went on. It's always been part of his act that he comes across as having had a few drinks and he is an aquire taste, but, does seem to have spiralled in the last few years, looked quite troubled last night. A bit of a strange, uncomfortable nterview, Tommy seemed genuinely worried for him.

The interview with the lady who lost her hand and leg was remarkable, it's miraculous that she survived that ordeal and has such a positive outlook on life. She was a fantastic interviewee, interviews with people like her really make the show worth watching, similar to the interview with the guy who had the hand transplant last year.

The last interview was also interesting, the guy was so enthusiastic about his work, it really came across in the interview. The throat singers weren't too bad either! Overall a good episode; slow start, brilliant middle and good finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

The Tommy Tiernan Show is the best chat show on television, bar none.

"I'm worried about you." is a risky one to start an interview off with but TT carried it off well.

The audience not being there was surprising, but if that was a choice, it was the right one. The added intimacy it creates is a good thing. Tommy isn't trying to get laughs as much and the guests can be that much more open.

A dream guest for this series would be Billy Connolly. I don't know if he could make it due to his age, Parkinson's and the fact that he lives in Florida, but it would be some conversation.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Frankie Boyle is playing gigs around Ireland, he probably will be a guest on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭spakman

Whereas you are a ray of sunshine and positivity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The difference is Tiernan has weathered his own storms and is a very emphatic person.

Tubs (and tbh I don't have a chip on my shoulder like some people have*) is a Nepo baby everything has been handed to him. He's far removed from the average person. He rarely lets people tell their story, he has his set of questions and he intends to ask them. He often lacks sincerity.

With Tiernan you get the impression after the cameras roll, he'll be meeting a guest for a pint.

With tubs you get the impression once came stops rolling he'd walk straight past a guest.

* I do think the majority of people who have issue with Tubs, if they had someone in their family to set them on the gravy train they'd board that train without a second thought.

• Advertisement
Advertisement