Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tommy Tiernan Show Thread - Mod warning, see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Some nasal ologoning going on here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Lynched. Excellent band and very well respected within the folk and trad community.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Yeah I think I may have made that comment before. Ha
    Only once or twice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

I think Louise O'Neill to say there is a rape "culture" in Ireland is absolutely ridiculous. The less screen and airtime she gets in Ireland the better

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

bajer101 wrote: »
    Lynched. Excellent band and very well respected within the folk and trad community.
    I heard they're changing their name because its offensive on the other side of the Atlantic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TheDavester

RayM wrote: »
    I thought she came across very well.

Read her articles on the examiner/tweets *(I hate men was on her twitter bio for the longest while) - she's the typical third wave feminist, screams oppression, patriacry crap

prionnsias wrote: »
    I think Louise O'Neill to say there is a rape "culture" in Ireland is absolutely ridiculous. The less screen and airtime she gets in Ireland the better
    RTE should commission her to go down to places in Middle East/Africa and see about the rape culture there...she'd change her attitude fairly quickly contrasting the West to there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

JoeA3 wrote: »
    1 in 4 women? Where does she pull these stats from. Horse ****.

My granny used to say a woman can run faster with her petticoat hitched up than a man can with his trousers down around his ankles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Read her articles on the examiner/tweets *(I hate men was on her twitter bio for the longest while) - she's the typical third wave feminist, screams oppression, patriacry crap

I follow her on Twitter and have never seen any sign that she hates men. If I remember correctly, her Twitter bio made a sarcastic reference to "misandry" once upon a time (taking the piss out of all the silly little men who think feminism="misandry"). I thought she was very good tonight - Tommy Tiernan gave her a deeper and more challenging interview than the Late Late or Ray D'Arcy, and she dealt very well with his questions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I follow her on Twitter and have never seen any sign that she hates men. If I remember correctly, her Twitter bio made a sarcastic reference to "misandry" once upon a time (taking the piss out of all the silly little men who think feminism="misandry"). I thought she was very good tonight - Tommy Tiernan gave her a deeper and more challenging interview than the Late Late or Ray D'Arcy, and she dealt very well with his questions.

Only white men, all of whom are privileged rapists in her view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

sligojoek wrote: »
    Yeah I think I may have made that comment before. Ha
    Only once or twice. :D
    Think it might be 3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I felt embarassed watching it. What a dolt.

darkdubh wrote: »
    Only white men, all of whom are privileged rapists in her view.

Nah, you're seeing something that isn't there. I've known of her through Twitter for a few years and I've never seen any sign that she hates men - even us poor downtrodden white ones.

dawson-crying.jpeg

When she did her show on consent, she looked pissed at the barrister/solicitor when she was told it was innocent till proven guilty and it didn't follow her belief of guilty till proven innocent

"It is impossible for women to be sexist towards men"

It's impossible to take someone who comes out with a statement like that seriously.

If you want to be annoyed, just search on google for her examiner articles...its more drivel

If you want to be annoyed, just search on google for her examiner articles...its more drivel

There was a recent one where she was shaming family and friends who didn't praise her books enough. She's got major issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

theglobe wrote: »
    AP Mccoy seems a twat.

A complete waste of time having AP interviewed by this bozo!

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    My granny used to say a woman can run faster with her petticoat hitched up than a man can with his trousers down around his ankles.

Was she speaking from experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Nah, you're seeing something that isn't there. I've known of her through Twitter for a few years and I've never seen any sign that she hates men - even us poor downtrodden white ones.

dawson-crying.jpeg

So guessing you don't see a problem with her viewpoint that we are all potential rapists then? :rolleyes: That and we should all be taught 'how not to rape'. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Yes i have to say, listening to her nonsensical arguments, she is using the subject to sell her books, which happen to be about rape.
    Very odd woman

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Highlight for me was Tommy having Briege Corkery on the show,for amount of All Ireland's she and her team mate Rena Buckley have won they dont seem to get much media attention,so it couldnt have been easy for her but she did very well in fairness to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I notice she says in that Examiner article that she is single, no surprise there then. I felt she was making a fool of herself, especially when asking Tommy where did it all go wrong when he told her he had 7 kids, he firmly shot down any implication she was making.
    Then when she said, "I'm learning a lot about you now Tommy" - what an immature clown, is she giving Derren Brown a run for his money now?

givyjoe wrote: »
    So guessing you don't see a problem with her viewpoint that we are all potential rapists then? :rolleyes: That and we should all be taught 'how not to rape'. :eek:

Pretty sure she doesn't believe consent classes should just be aimed towards males.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Pretty sure she doesn't believe consent classes should just be aimed towards males.

I got the impression she believes exactly that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Darcy is live. As is tubridy. This is prerecorded and edited .

So you keep saying.

Tbh you could splice together the best examples of Ray D'arcys interviewing style and it would still possess about as much charm, subtlety & wit as a Stasi interrogation.

Why does RayD;Arcy shout out the last word in most of his sentences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Ray D'arcy belongs in area 51

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭torrevieja

am i the only one watching this tonight ...

Advertisement