Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DARTs and Trains just permanently late now?

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    The sligo delay had nothing to do with a driver.

instead of being cryptically obtuse why don't you explain what did cause it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

instead of being cryptically obtuse why don't you explain what did cause it then?

I would have if you had asked in a slightly better manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,671 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Well "operational issues" have spread to Heuston services now. As for Sligo if it wasn't driver, signal or train fault only leaves perhaps one other option

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Which is?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

L1011 wrote: »
    0545 from Sligo running over 20mins late with the excuse that usually means the driver didn't turn up. They then put the 0820 ex Maynooth on the wrong platform meaning regulars who come down to platform 2 may miss it.

Have it on good authority the delay was due to a coupler fault between the two sets.

I didn't know there was an "excuse that usually means the driver didn't turn up".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

"operational difficulties" was explained as "driver slept in" by someone working in CTC. For the first service of the day at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,671 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

GM228 wrote: »
    Have it on good authority the delay was due to a coupler fault between the two sets.

I didn't know there was an "excuse that usually means the driver didn't turn up".

Perhaps but then again why not just say mechanical fault. The 05.45 ex Sligo appears to have the same 30 minute delay or so multiple times a year

Advertisement