Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the biggest mistake you ever made with money

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

Eddie Hobbs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Taking up smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭893bet

"Doing up" and Nissan a few years back. Bought for 5 k put 5k or so into it. Sold for 3k after 18 months.

Drinking. Regularly spend 150-200 quid going out for drinks. Easy done when you have a couple of rounds of double with mixers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I mildly regret not saving money when I could have put away a massive chunk without overly impacting on my quality of life. But as others have pointed you'll never be young again and I did really have a lot of fun in my early to mid twenties so I'm not too troubled. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

When I was very young I was a bit careless with cash. Like from birthday and Christmas presents. I can still hear my mother saying "Ohhh you are so careless with money!"

First year of college, I let a 'friend' use a Meteor broadband stick in my name. €10 a month, no bother. Wracked up €1200 of extra data charges. Was a nasty life lesson.

Also getting screwed over for a couple of years by bastard landlords for sh*thole flats in Dublin when in college. Never saw deposits back. Always ask for a receipt of cash deposit, another life lesson. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement