Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Road rage Dublin

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Cool
    So Miami Vice guy will make some money for winding up a guy to the point he snapped.
    What a world./

Seems a nice ending for him. He was sound enough not to press charges against the Saab lunatic that deserves everything he got.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

you don't automatically earn money and those estimations are just random numbers, he could get a few grand by licensing the video, at the very very most

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

I’m confused:
    -- Black car waiting to enter at 1:05 – is that the Jag (previously known as Saab or even Merc) containing AttackerMan?
    -- It can been seen going by on the left at 1:11 and then exiting well ahead of CamCar at 1:26
    -- So if the side-by-side disputed road-positioning situation involving CamCar then occurred a few seconds later, it happened with a different black car:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I’m confused:
    -- Black car waiting to enter at 1:05 – is that the Jag (previosly known as Saab or even Merc) containing AttackerMan?
    -- It can been seen going by on the left at 1:11 and then exiting well ahead of CamCar at 1:26
    -- So the disputed road-positioning situation then occurred a few sconds later between CamCar and a different black car?

No. Saab was coming in from main road cam car had right of way.

No. Saab was coming in from main road cam car had right of way.
    Thanks. I do have the impression that CamCar had right of way, but I'm still unclear as to whether the Jag can be seen at any stage before it comes alongside for the fisticuffs. If anyone wants to upload screenshots with annotations it would be helpful :o

• Advertisement

Thanks. I do have the impression that CamCar had right of way, but I'm still unclear as to whether the Jag can be seen at any stage before it comes alongside for the fisticuffs. If anyone wants to upload screenshots with annotations it would be helpful :o

The jag wasn't an issue though?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,888 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

coolbeans wrote: »
    LOL, this is classic victim blaming and a logic fail. Reminds me of the failed rapist a few years ago who intimated that he coudn't help himself as her skirt was so short and she was drunk etc. You obviously are not a big fan of personal resonsibility. :pac:

I just don't see Saab guy as a deranged lunatic, and that maybe just maybe he was pushed and taunted until he snapped.
    Did the wrong thing, but there was a reason.
    Miami Vice guy got into the queue lane, then got out of it.
    He was told by Saab guy '' pick a ******* lane '' or queue in this case.

One would start to over take a car if it indeed it entered a queue to the left, you would assume he was entering that queue. You would not expect for the change of mind and for that car to drift back into road.
    It's easy to see why it happened and what caused it.
    Would have been no issue had Miami Vice guy stayed behind jeep.

The jag wasn't an issue though?
    ?

Maybe I should have said "the car containing AttackerMan", whichever one that is!

I just don't see Saab guy as a deranged lunatic, and that maybe just maybe he was pushed and taunted until he snapped.

One would start to over take a car if it indeed it entered a queue to the left, you would assume he was entering that queue. You would not expect for the change of mind and for that car to drift back into road.

There was one queue. Not a queue to the left or a queue to the right, one queue and dash cam guy was in that queue.

Also, if we were to follow your logic of separate queues, then Saab guy told him to pick a queue, so dash cam guy picked a queue. He followed his request.

Its a single lane road????

Has any of you actually watched?

Jag had nothing to do with it Saab guy was the usual bully and impatient pr#ck that a lot can be and obviously can't drive properly.

If someone actually did do something wrong in front of him I would be worried to see what he would actually be like.

Cam car guy done nothing wrong.

Its the usual stressed out fools and if you get like that stay well clear of those centres or go off peak.

I stay well clear myself but that's just because I can't stand shops.

• Advertisement

Jag had nothing to do with it Saab guy was the usual bully and impatient pr#ck that a lot can be and obviously can't drive properly.

If someone actually did do something wrong in front of him I would be worried to see what he would actually be like.

Its the usual stressed out fools and if you get like that stay well clear of those centres or go off peak.

You watch video and pause as 1.31 and tell me there isn't clearly a queue of cars queuing on the left to turn into a premises..
    Not a lane, a queue .
    You will also notice aT 1.31 that Miami Vice guy is up beside jeep at that point. Now what do you think that cars behind are doing? They are taking that place behind jeep of course as Miami Vice guy just got out from behind jeep and into that '' QUEUE ''

You watch video and pause as 1.31 and tell me there isn't clearly a queue of cars queuing on the left to turn into a premises..
    Not a lane, a queue .
    You will also notice aT 1.31 that Miami Vice guy is up beside jeep at that point. Now what do you think that cars behind are doing? They are taking that place behind jeep of course as Miami Vice guy just got out from behind jeep and into that '' QUEUE ''

I think you have a simple mindset with regards to this kind of aggressive behavior from Saab driver. Similar to local gangs terrorising children, you would rather hide behind the curtains then face the problem head on.

4 cars in that queue
    And cam guy is right behind them

kceire wrote: »
    I think you have a simple mindset with regards to this kind of aggressive behavior from Saab driver. Similar to local gangs terrorising children, you would rather hide behind the curtains then face the problem head on.

Saab guy done wrong thing
    I'm just trying to understand what pushed him to it .

There's a Saab AND a Jag :confused:

There's a Saab AND a Jag :confused:

Jag went up inside turned into mcDs turn in.

People are mixing up who's who.

Also q or no q it's a single lane road if you continue past mc d entrance you either want to around rear of say Smyth's and or into car park on right.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Whatever it was it is unlikely to have been purely as a result of Dash Cam Man.
    Either way Saab Man has proven himself unfit for driving in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭blackwhite

4 cars in that queue
    And cam guy is right behind them

That's not a queue.

That's two lanes exiting the roundabout, having to merge into one.

Tool in the Saab didn't want to wait his turn to merge, and throws his temper tantrum because he wasn't allowed to bully his way ahead.

The twisting to try and justify his unprovoked assault is amusing though

Jag went up inside turned into mcDs turn in.

People are mixing up who's who. ...
    Thanks. There's certainly confusion in this thread, and not helped now that I see CamMan refers to the attacker's car as a Jag in the YouTube vid and a Saab in the Sun + Daily Fail articles

Doesn't help either that the black car ahead looks similar to the one that pulls alongside for the attack

Thanks. There's certainly confusion in this thread, and not helped now that I see CamMan refers to the attacker's car as a Jag in the YouTube vid and a Saab in the Sun + Daily Fail articles

Yes its bad writing.

Saab = aggressive old fool.
    Jag = nothing to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

This is why dash cams are so important
    Imagine Miami give cam guy getting put in for the of a jury with bornto be wild thinking he must have started it
    Because reasons
    And jaaab wife would give her story how it wasn't her husbands fault he only wanted to discuss things with the silly smoker

Look
    He reached into someone's car and thumped them
    He's lucky he has any teeth left and on the other hand he's lucky the other guy didn't ball up and then the guard pull him out of the cam guys window 39 seconds later cos the civil case would put real manners on him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

narcissism.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Not a lane, a queue .

This is how I view it too....
    The driver with the camera (Jason) joined the roundabout in the right/inside lane. He saw traffic moving faster in outside/left lane on the roundabout and he nudged himself out there in front of the A class Merc.
    As he came off the roundabout he was still over on the left hand side with the Hyundai jeep slightly to his right (not directly in front of him) and as I would guess the Saab behind that.
    Given the cars queuing to turn left, I have assumed that Saab man thought that Jason was joining that queue to turn left so continued progressing straight but then Jason veered back over to the right to keep going straight. Hense the Saab man had nowhere to go except other side of road.

With it being a zipper merge and VERY slow moving traffic anyway, Saab man really should have had more patience. I can see why he was frustrated, but def didn't warrant physically assaulting someone.....

HiGlo wrote: »
    This is how I view it too....
    The driver with the camera (Jason) joined the roundabout in the right/inside lane. He saw traffic moving faster in outside/left lane on the roundabout and he nudged himself out there in front of the A class Merc.
    As he came off the roundabout he was still over on the left hand side with the Hyundai jeep slightly to his right (not directly in front of him) and as I would guess the Saab behind that.
    Given the cars queuing to turn left, I have assumed that Saab man thought that Jason was joining that queue to turn left so continued progressing straight but then Jason veered back over to the right to keep going straight. Hense the Saab man had nowhere to go except other side of road.

With it being a zipper merge and VERY slow moving traffic anyway, Saab man really should have had more patience. I can see why he was frustrated, but def didn't warrant physically assaulting someone.....

Its a one lane road. Its not how it works at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Its a one lane road. Its not how it works at all.

Perhaps that's how it usually works, but as you can see, given the volume of traffic on the day that's not how it was on that particular day. Queues/lanes whatever you want to call them, there's clearly 2 in the video.
    Or perhaps the cars parallel to each other at 1:30 are just my blurred/double vision?????

Also, I didn't mention lanes (only in reference to the roundabout) - you're the one talking about lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Am I the only one is beginning to suspect that Saab dude is actually Toby or his Dad !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

How is this thread and the one lane still being debated?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Am I the only one is beginning to suspect that Saab dude is actually Toby or his Dad !

Nope

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Mc Love wrote: »
    How is this thread and the one lane still being debated?!

I would have said you must be new on boards, but you aren't, so need you ask? put a thread up asking something along the lines of "was josef fritzel really that bad a daddy?" and you'll get know all/dumb f*cks arguing with each other on everything from childcare costs to anti immigration.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I would have said you must be new on boards, but you aren't, so need you ask? put a thread up asking something along the lines of "was josef fritzel really that bad a daddy?" and you'll get know all/dumb f*cks arguing with each other on everything from childcare costs to anti immigration.
    Yeah well at least Josef Fritzl would know how to merge coming off a roundabout!

Advertisement