Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road rage Dublin

• 03-01-2017 9:50pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 124 ✭✭

Video footage of road rage in Dublin, looks like he was trying to jump in the queue coming up the outside of the cars, no need for this over reaction, Got what he got deserved.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g0fgErBOhp4

I sincerely hope that they both get convictions in court.
    The guy in the SUV with the dash cam is clearly a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

bubblypop wrote: »
    Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Maybe he is, not clear. But he was in the right there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

All I saw was someone defending himself. Nobody can do something so bad in their car, without contact between their cars anyway, that deserves being pulled out and being assaulted.

bmwguy wrote: »
    Maybe he is, not clear. But he was in the right there

Sorry no he was not.
    Two wrongs and all that.
    Protecting yourself is one thing, he went beyond that.
    Two scumbags obvs and both should be convicted.

All I saw was someone defending himself. Nobody can do something so bad in their car, without contact between their cars anyway, that deserves being pulled out and being assaulted.

And he went beyond defending himself.
    Unfortunately for him, he chose wrong and assaulted someone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

Ah eeyore leave it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Sorry no he was not.
    Two wrongs and all that.

Do you comment on the Daily Mail regularly?

Sorry no he was not.
    Two wrongs and all that.

Were you watching the same clip as I saw?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Sorry no he was not.
    Two wrongs and all that.

FFS, what would you do. Sit there and let the other guy beat the crap out of you through the car window. Would you cop on.

So, should he have sat in his car and let the lug keep on hitting him?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Bollocks. That "reasoning" is part of the reason bullies and general scum often lose the run of themselves in society. They'd think twice if they thought they'd face a beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Don't think either should be behind the wheel. Me personally I would have my door locked and window put up rather than giving someone the opportunity to pull me out to fight with me we all meet angry ppl from time to time.. .it's how we react

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

If people weren't afraid to fight back a bit more like that we wouldn't live in a a country where every scumbag and cream cracker think they can intimidate and assault people left right and centre and not fear retribution. Go over to after hours and read the "terrorised in my own home" thread and see what you think.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Advbrd wrote: »
    So, should he have sat in his car and let the lug keep on hitting him?
    It's part of a trend towards passivity and (often in vain)appeals to authority all too common today.

Ignoring the trolling for a minute, it seems strange he uploaded this video so quick. It would have been good leverage to get an out-of-court settlement from the Saab driver.

Wibbs wrote: »
    It's part of a trend towards passivity and (often in vain)appeals to authority all too common today.

Too much bubblypop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Sorry no he was not.
    Two wrongs and all that.

Sorry, yes he was. What would you do if you had the goods to do it please tell us?

The fact he had a dashcam just made it perfect none of this my word against your word rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Sound on that would have helped, but the bloke attacked the fella first, so put him in the wrong no matter what happened before that, was that plain cloths garda at scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Any Sound on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That is pretty much the same thing happened to me but the guy arrived in through the window head and fist 1st.

Few digs he fell right back out again.

What he should have done was roll up his Windows and locked his door, possibly drive away.
    Everyone should be able to defend themselves, but he went over that.
    If it goes to court, they will both be defendants

That is pretty much the same thing happened to me but the guy arrived in through the window head and fist 1st.

Few digs he fell right back out again.

you missed an opportunity there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

What he should have done was roll up his Windows and locked his door, possibly drive away.
    Everyone should be able to defend themselves, but he went over that.
    If it goes to court, they will both be defendants

Put up the window while being punched in the face?

Drive away In bumper to bumper traffic?

Will you go and shíte.

"No sound, sorry" means, "the abuse I gave to the other guy makes me look bad so I muted it before uploading".

"I've no idea as my driving up to that point shouldn't have upset anyone". Except for the fact that when he came out of the roundabout, he clearly moved into the left as if he was going to take the left, dawdled for ten seconds and then pushed back into the right-hand lane. Without rear video or sound, for all we know he could've (and likely did) cut right across the guy.

Obviously the reaction of the other guy was way over the top and uncalled for but I'm going to reserve judgement and assume they're both scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

duplicate thread

seamus wrote: »
    "No sound, sorry" means, "the abuse I gave to the other guy makes me look bad so I muted it before uploading".

"I've no idea as my driving up to that point shouldn't have upset anyone". Except for the fact that when he came out of the roundabout, he clearly moved into the left as if he was going to take the left, dawdled for ten seconds and then pushed back into the right-hand lane. Without rear video or sound, for all we know he could've (and likely did) cut right across the guy.

Obviously the reaction of the other guy was way over the top and uncalled for but I'm going to reserve judgement and assume they're both scumbags.
    Manoeuvres on the roundabout may not have been the best. No reason to be attacked, no reason to be called a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

seamus wrote: »

After the roundabout the traffic merges into 1 lane. The driver merges without being pushy and then the other guy comes up alongside on his right which at that point is over the broken white line and clearly on the wrong side of the road! He then had to back off. Probably pissed off because he couldn't push his way in in his big car so lost it. Who cares what was said? The bully got what he deserved!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

If somebody started punching me as I sat in traffic I hope they like ****ting their own teeth.

Problem is a prick like that would probably do the same to a woman or older person.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Bloody hell. Merc driver in deep water I'd say. What a bully. Rightly caught.