Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? (2017 Edition)

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Portal 2
    Limbo
    Mad Max
    Arkham knight
    Quantum break
    Oxenfree
    Resident Evil 4.
    DmC
    Destiny 2
    Dead space
    Dark souls 3
    Darksiders

Adding Wolfenstein 2 : the new colossus - What an absolute cracker of a game, Took the Grimness of the first game, and added a slightly more over the top twist to it, there are several jaw dropping moments in this, and I'm glad I didnt buy preowned as Bethesda deserve to be commended for not beefing up the game with tacked on multiplayer elements. Theres a solid 11 hour campaign here, and my only criticisms would be that sometimes the game doesnt do a great job of letting you know you're taking damage, and If you're the obsessive type who has to collect all the trinkets scattered around levels, you might actually go mad, such is the volume of them.

otherwise, Its something special.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭joombo

Destiny 2 just a few days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

[Xbox One X]

Watch Dogs: Bad Blood. (DLC)

I enjoyed this as much as the main game. I was doing the side quests first but stopped after a while. I will go back and do them for the achievements like I done on the main game. Overall it is well worth it if you never played it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Just finished Little Nightmares. Very very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

PS3
    Remember Me
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect 3

PS4
    Uncharted 4:
    Wolfenstein: Old Blood
    Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
    Gone Home
    Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
    Infamous First Light
    Doom
    Layers of Fear
    Never Alone
    The Order 1886
    Soma
    Dishonoured 2
    Inside
    Arkham Knight
    Firewatch
    Shadow of Mordor
    Until Dawn

What Remains of Edith Finch: Yes, it is a walking simulator and there's not a hell of a lot of gameplay in it but the house explore is rich in detail and the story builds to a very emotional finale. Thoroughly enjoyed this.

Oxenfree: This was a game I really wanted to enjoy but I found it to be a pretty muted experience. It had a lot going for it but I never felt it really delivered on its promise. Disappointing.

Witcher 3: An amazing experience. Don't know how much time I pumped into this but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Going to snap up the two expansion packs the next time they go on sale. Probably one of my all time favourites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finally got around to finishing the Paragon playthrough of Infamous: Second Son. Like the first time, it was interesting for a while, but as soon as I got to the second island I started to lose all interest again. But I stuck with it this time, slogged through getting everything and maxing all powers, and the ending (Paragon) was interesting and a nice twist. I do want to play it through again as Renegade, as the powers look like more fun, but I have no interest in going through it all again. Which is a shame, as I platinumed the first 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is that what they're called? I just call them good and bad karma. I played first as good because i was taking may time, being careful to protect people and all. But then once finished, i played through as bad since get through quicker when you're not being as careful and killing and destroying earns you extra negative karma anyway. That's how I played the first 2 games as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Two more games to add to my 2017 list, short one this year:

PC

Oxenfree: 2D puzzle-adventure game. Nice graphics but what set this apart is the story, acting and certain gameplay elements (radios). Liked it a lot but not much replay value I think.
    Broforce: Awesome pixel-art homage to the 80s hero movie genre! Finished the campaign solo and have played a few co-op games with randomersin the meantime. Will keep going back to this one!
    Batman: Arkham Knight: Really enjoyed it, more Batman goodness in a similar vein to the previous three Arkham games. Looked gorgeous.
    Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Love playing Lego games in co-op with the wife; this was one of the weaker ones but still decent fun.
    The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone Very nice bit of DLC, was a welcome return to the world of Gerald of Rivia.
    Steamworld Heist Fun game but a bit throwaway for me, no chance I'll fire this up in the future.
    Pillars of Eternity Wanted to relive some good old fashioned D&D action, but was a bit underwhelmed in the end. Worst plot ever, completely nonsensical!

Wii U

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: What. A. Game. Glorious open world, the best visuals I've seen on the Wii U, amazing gameplay and sense of wonder; it's the complete package.
    Yoshi's Woolly World So much fun, great game - played it through in co-op mode on the couch with the wife!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Finished Fifa 18 story... yawn
    And the Uncharted the lost legacy which i enjoyed although quiet short so happy to have payed 20 for it

• Advertisement

Finished Wolfenstein New Order and Shantae Risky's Revenge last night.
    Wolfenstein was great, really enjoyed the story and Risky's Revenge has so much charm and a nice Metroidvania style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Witcher 3: An amazing experience. Don't know how much time I pumped into this but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Going to snap up the two expansion packs the next time they go on sale. Probably one of my all time favourites.

Literally the best value DLC you will have ever bought - if you've played Tomb Raider or Uncharted, the first one is about as long as one of those games and the second one about double the length (according to 'How Long to Beat' and probably true off my time playing Tomb Raider + Rise of... and both DLCs) with a whole new map and tonnes of extras.

First one has the best villain maybe in any game ever, second one has the new map with amazing scenery and while I seem to be alone on this, some of the most fun I've had against a last boss in a long, long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

[Xbox One X]

Super Lucky's Tale

I actually really enjoyed this but admittedly I played the first 3 or so levels/game worlds and left it as I didn't like the camera angles as you cannot position it where you want it, but I went back to it and started to really enjoy it. I manged to collect every clover which was a bit of a chore in some levels. Like if you missed something you had to go back into the level from the start but at least you only had to collect what you were missing.

Overall I would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

ADDING:-
    Resident Evil 7 || Xbox One

While I absolutely enjoyed the 8.5 hours I played through (and getting the good ending as well), there were a couple of gripes I had. I feel there weren't enough variety in the enemies. There are only up to 4 types of enemies you fight in this game throughout and their terror factor wore off very, very fast. Speaking of terror, I didn't find it as scary as I thought. Everyone praising this game were saying they were terrified from start to finish -- and while I did get a few jumps early into the game (and don't get me wrong the atmosphere is disgusting and horrifying in the best way) I don't recall getting scared as much after roughly 2 hours. Maybe I just stopped taking the game seriously after the 1st or 2nd act. Or maybe I was expecting to be sweating from beginning to end playing it (and I was, during the first hour or so)

I sound cynical -- don't get me wrong, I think this is the absolute best Resident Evil game I have played since RE4 and one the best games I've played this year. The gameplay is just solid and very Resident Evil. The gun-play is fantastic and as I said earlier the atmosphere is fear-inducing. I did enjoy the puzzles, albeit they were a little too easy. One of the puzzles involve
    being trapped in a room where you have to light a birthday cake. And you have to solve all these little puzzles in order to get there. It's like a game of Catchphrase: the answers are right there in front of you. You just have to look.

I don't know, I probably went into this expecting way too much. I'm not disappointed by my overall experience, I just think some sections were a tiny bit underwhelming.

Storywise, very engaging. I loved all of the characters involved, except maybe
    Eveline.
    Her whole shtick was very predictable and very unoriginal -- I have seen this trope before of a scary little girl with messed up powers standing from a distance staring at you .. Reminded me of Alma from F.E.A.R.

But nonetheless, none of my own issues with the game put me off. I loved it. And I got it for about 25e so if you're interested it's very affordable now.
    Best horror game in a while.

OTHER GAMES COMPLETED THIS YEAR
    Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
    Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Hitman
    Unravel
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix
    Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix
    Gears of War 2
    Gears of War 3
    FIFA 17: The Journey
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Crash Bandicoot (N. Sane Trilogy)
    Toybox Turbos
    Tekken
    Tekken 2
    Tekken 3
    Little Nightmares
    Tekken 7
    Driver
    Sonic Mania
    Bioshock
    Bioshock 2
    Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den
    Bioshock: Infinite
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Canis Canem Edit (Bully)
    Super Castlevania IV
    Super Mario World
    Mega Man X
    Assassin's Creed: Origins
    Limbo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Just finished Infamous Second Son and really enjoyed it which surprised me as its not my usual type of game
    Which could be it as its fresh compared to what i usually go for :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Sonic Mania. Proves that the fans can do what Sega and Sonic Team can't. I grinded over 30 hours of it in the first three days. Man, was it an awesome experience. Probably the best classic Sonic game, and if so, best in the series.

Also, Sonic Mania does a great job at fan service.
    Two thirds
    of the game are comprised of existing zones, but the game manages to diversify these zones from their original counterparts by adding new themes and hooks. It is also chock-full of references from past Sonic games and Sega's old promotional material back in their glory days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

And in keeping with the Sonic buzz, as it happens I just completed Sonic Forces which gets a very bad rap. Yes it's not perfect. Some of the level design in both 2D and 3D levels are just "off" for want of a better word but overall I enjoyed it.

Gonna go back and play through other unlocked levels etc that opened up during the main campaign that I ignored.

Honestly don't overlook this one. I paid €25 in the last psn sale. I might have had a drink too many paying that but if/when it ineviditably drops to €15, maybe €20 it's definately worth a go imho.

Oh ps.. It's corny to the nth degree. Cringy almost. Again alcohol helps. Lol

I'm glad you enjoyed it. What platform did you play it on?
    I was going to get it on the PS4 in the hopes of positive reception, but I held off following the game's lukewarm reception. Then, December 25th happened, and out of surprise came a copy of Sonic Forces for my newfangled Switch, the port that runs only at 30fps, even when docked.

Overall, I did not think that it was a particularly good game. It obviously does not hold a candle to Mania, and flow and level design show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm glad you enjoyed it. What platform did you play it on?
    I was going to get it on the PS4 in the hopes of positive reception, but I held off following the game's lukewarm reception. Then, December 25th happened, and out of surprise came a copy of Sonic Forces for my newfangled Switch, the port that runs only at 30fps, even when docked.

Overall, I did not think that it was a particularly good game. It obviously does not hold a candle to Mania, and flow and level design show.

I played it on PS4. Ran ok I thought. Wouldn't know the FPS though.

I went in to it with very low expectations and just found myself enjoying it. The cheesyness was somewhat endearing and the gameplay although flawed at times was fun I thought.

I lol'd a few times (not often) on the 3D levels though as the control was sooo bad Id find myself missing a platform or jump or whatever. Thankfully the checkpoints were quite frequent.

Mania is obviously the superior game but I don't think this one is as bad as some have made it out to be if you take it for the light hearted mixed up gameplay that it is.

If you're looking for a 2D sonic game buy Mania all day long but if you fancy something a little different and get it cheap enough (which is probably the key here) you might have a bit of fun just like I did.

• Advertisement

I played it on PS4. Ran ok I thought. Wouldn't know the FPS though.

I went in to it with very low expectations and just found myself enjoying it. The cheesyness was somewhat endearing and the gameplay although flawed at times was fun I thought.

I lol'd a few times (not often) on the 3D levels though as the control was sooo bad Id find myself missing a platform or jump or whatever. Thankfully the checkpoints were quite frequent.

Mania is obviously the superior game but I don't think this one is as bad as some have made it out to be if you take it for the light hearted mixed up gameplay that it is.

If you're looking for a 2D sonic game buy Mania all day long but if you fancy something a little different and get it cheap enough (which is probably the key here) you might have a bit of fun just like I did.

The PS4 version is capped at 60fps at 1080p on the PS4, and that stays the same for the PS4 Pro.
    The regular Xbox One runs it at 720p/60fps, while the Xbox One X runs it at either 1800p or 1080p, both at 60fps, which is an odd switch between resolution.
    And lastly, there's the Switch version, which only runs at 720p/30fps, regardless of whether it's docked or not. Sonic Lost World's 60fps frame rate on the Wii U makes it all the more disappointing.

I found myself taking over 10 minutes with classic Sonic's last stage.

While I don't consider Forces to be exactly good, it's still definitely no '06 or Boom: Rise of Lyric, that's for sure.

Advertisement