Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht v Munster Build Up Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

wp_rathead wrote: »
    WHAT?!

Hes been on the funny stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Andress =Goosen
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

BrokenMan wrote: »
    connachta wrote: »
    Here he is.

Munster bench is so much stronger than ours
    Our 1st XV is probably the best I've ever seen though

What? Best ever first 15.
    Hell Yeah. Except Bundee/Ron out, any other players are 1st choices or very close IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

Hell Yeah. Except Bundee out, any other players are 1st choices or very close IMO

Ronaldson?
    Boshoff?
    Muldoon?
    Dillane?

b.gud wrote: »
    Hell Yeah. Except Bundee out, any other players are 1st choices or very close IMO

Ronaldson?
    Boshoff?
    Muldoon?
    Dillane?

I've said 12 (Ronaldson/Aki) is the exception area (and still I think Robb could do very well on a good day)
    Doubts about Boshoff being really ahead of Carty, or Griffin/Ili ahead of Parata, no proof they are, for now anyway
    Dawai has shown and will show he can match Muldoon/McKeon/Masterson level
    Cannon would probably have been chosen ahead of Dillane again for the lineout
    Heenan/Nepia are our best flanker combo, same for the whole front-row

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Jaysus lads....I've just found the Anti-Venjur!!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Good to see two strong sides named. There's no need to lower the yourself to Leinster's level and disrespect the jersey.

Andress featuring is pretty dodgey tbh. I'm sure Munster are aware of the situation, but if they are not, he could get in trouble for breaching his Munster contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Munster have gone from +3 with Paddy Power to +5, if that means anything?

Connacht should have a slightly upper hand for 60 minutes, very very worried for the bench, Munster one is quite huge, ours is entirely made of 3rd choice players at best (Heffernan excepted)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Andress featuring is pretty dodgey tbh. I'm sure Munster are aware of the situation, but if they are not, he could get in trouble for breaching his Munster contract.

What contract? He retired, he was only lining out at AIL level anyway so he wasn't a loss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

case885 wrote: »
    What contract? He retired, he was only lining out at AIL level anyway so he wasn't a loss.

He retired and now he's playing for Connacht. Those aren't the actions of a retired player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

He retired and now he's playing for Connacht. Those aren't the actions of a retired player.

It's a short term emergency cover deal. I'm sure munster are fully aware of it and agreed.
    Not as if the odd rule hasn't been bent for them recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

As emergency injury cover. Do you think Munster actually care?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭letowski

Munster should have a chance of getting something from the game. Alot of course depends on which Keatley turns up. But we have won in Ravenhill and Scotstoun with him and Williams starting.

Weve a massive pack named, and even more weight to bring off the bench. Looking to see how Marshall goes at hooker, he has a few targets to throw into the lineout. I guess Connacht will fancy Buckley v Archer. If the set piece goes well for Munster and Keatley kicks well it should make for a tight game.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Good to see two strong sides named. There's no need to lower the yourself to Leinster's level and disrespect the jersey.

Eh Munster have named a weaker side. It might look strong but it's still missing a lot. What are you on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I doubt Munster care about Andress playing even if they weren't aware. It was clear he was never going to play and by 'retiring' they got his salary off the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

* this team is subject to the return of certain players from illness and minor injury. Changes may occur on match day.

Ive never seen this caveat before on a team announcement.

25 injured A prop on the bench that may not have been looking after himself over the last 3 weeks and has just turned up to Connacht this week, no disrespect to the man but he wont have a clue what going on, two backs on the bench one of which has 1 sub appearance to his name and a back row named at 23 with 1 appearance as well. No replacement OH.

We are one or injuries away from a disaster !

Given the above caveat I think we can expect another change or two and possibly some early substitutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Looking forward to this one, would be great to sneak a win

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

b.gud wrote: »
    Ronaldson?
    Boshoff?
    Muldoon?
    Dillane?

Is Boshoff the greatest player never to play for Connacht?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Is Boshoff the greatest player never to play for Connacht?

He has played in 2 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Eh Munster have named a weaker side. It might look strong but it's still missing a lot. What are you on about.

Any chance to have a dig at Leinster. They can't help having triple the Irish players Munster do that are required to rest.

Two good starting teams. Feel munsters bench may ultimately be the difference. A lot more pressure on the Connacht guys to get the job done too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭phog

Happy enough with the team selection but not too happy with the ref.

G'wan Munster

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Any chance to have a dig at Leinster. They can't help having triple the Irish players Munster do that are required to rest.

Two good starting teams. Feel munsters bench may ultimately be the difference. A lot more pressure on the Connacht guys to get the job done too.

Be careful full in that glasshouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

phog wrote: »
    Happy enough with the team selection but not too happy with the ref.

G'wan Munster
    When are you ever happy with who the ref is?

When are you ever happy with who the ref is?

Have you been on the Leinster V Ulster thread? :cool:

Three Red Kings preview to the game

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Bridge93 wrote: »
    phog wrote: »
    Be careful full in that glasshouse.

One poster has already been warned for inter-provincial trolling in this thread, don't make it 2 or 3. Leinster are not playing in this game.

Let's be honest Connacht first XV is impressive on the paper. But without talking about bench, the main doubt will be about how many will be 100% of their best.

McCartney has trained a bit to cover LH, hope he didn't lose the hooker/thrower thing
    Buckley had to go again and again for full 80min games, hope he's not tired ; same for Carty and TOH
    Bealham just back from HIA
    Niyi was shacked last week too
    Robb, as his counterpart Sai'li just back from injury ; Heenan too
    Dawai played everywhere bar 8 recently, hope he does all-right there.

o'donoghue/o'donnell/holland vs fox/heenan/dawai is worth the look in itself :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Is Carthusian the only fit OH/goalkicker?

I'd have him in my sights from the kickoff if that's the case

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement